Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process


+Young+
Message added by +Young+

While we are waiting to get called, this downloadable PDF file might be of interest, especially to those who have a low list number.

In addition, for those of you who are seeking more information, I would encourage you to read the Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process topic. This thread contains a lot of useful information.

Good luck and stay safe out there!

Recommended Posts

On 6/21/2021 at 11:31 PM, Chuckk said:

Going in for my drug test in a few days, my current job as a mail courier pays me $29.89 and once September hits I’ll be at $32 which my top pay at $35 (which would change within the next 2 years during the next contract) and my seniority is decent and I love my route especially where I live too! Now I’m here really contemplating wether it’s worth taking the pay cut or what. Im in a local aswell but im hearing nothing beats the city union. Is anyone else in the same boat as me who’s legit stuck. I wish MTA reached out too me before I got my full time position at my current job and now I got comfortable here too even leave to start over.. and btw with my current job I’ll be able to Transfer within the TriState and keep my same pay but with Trackworker I’m stuck in NYC . Just something I’ve been thinking longterm.

That’s what’s up. I do mail carrier as well with union and pension. I’ll do Track Worker because of the promotional opportunities (PDM, T/O) and there is something special about working maintenance with other people in a very large city, especially at night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2021 at 11:01 PM, Kidbx175 said:

To all those currently during on the job training, how’s it going?

Everything is going pretty smooth. Im a part of a group that is in AY yard (Canarsie) for the 4 weeks. They have us working hard throughout the day, cutting ties and using different power tools, explaining different types of rails and tools etc. Not bad at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Welcome738 said:

Hi all, my list number is in the early 4** is it likely that I’ll be called sometime before August, I did the ore employment for back in March but haven’t heard anything from them yet.

They are currently in the 300s for the July 19th class. I am in the  400s as well so I figure we may hear something by  late July or August for the 400s. I personally think the latest will be September for the 400s. Let's keep our fingers crossed that its sooner than that.

Edited by Steve78
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, premoCASINO718 said:

Everything is going pretty smooth. Im a part of a group that is in AY yard (Canarsie) for the 4 weeks. They have us working hard throughout the day, cutting ties and using different power tools, explaining different types of rails and tools etc. Not bad at all.

Hey, is there anyway you or someone else that's in your class can PM me with your pick choices. Myself and a friend of mine in the first class are just curious what your mini pick looked like, if not it's fine, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 3:46 PM, Lansky said:

Went in yesterday to fill out some paperwork at the HR office and then did a drug test in the Lab office. All in all process took exactly 6 hours, just sitting there waiting for your name to be called. 

Offhand, did they give you folks "ticket numbers" or anything to that nature when you came in? Waiting six [6] hours for your name to be called, after submitting paperwork which was already looked over seems "fishy," however that's just me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Hey, is there anyway you or someone else that's in your class can PM me with your pick choices. Myself and a friend of mine in the first class are just curious what your mini pick looked like, if not it's fine, thanks.

I worked with the new class flagging the other day all of there picks were day jobs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 12:52 PM, +Young+ said:

Offhand, did they give you folks "ticket numbers" or anything to that nature when you came in? Waiting six [6] hours for your name to be called, after submitting paperwork which was already looked over seems "fishy," however that's just me...

No ticket #. There was one lady working in the HR department and she was just calling names off of the list that you initially signed when entering and speaking to them. Then another lady came in and she said she will not be calling names off of the list, rather would tell people sitting all the way in the back to come see her. I waited 2.5 hours to be seen in the HR dept,  then was told to finally go to lab room. Lab room I waited 3+ hours to finally get my name called for a drug test, then was told to go home. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Will the MTA contact you to inform you if they won't offer a drug test for whatever or do we assume that no news is good news?

No news is good news, just keep on eye on the forums and see if people post about getting called to go downtown for their drug tests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took the drug test and filled out a few pieces of paper they wanted this past Wednesday. What was the time frame between the drug test and when you were contacted again? Im just trying to get an idea of whats going to happen next

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, robbiesteves said:

Took the drug test and filled out a few pieces of paper they wanted this past Wednesday. What was the time frame between the drug test and when you were contacted again? Im just trying to get an idea of whats going to happen next

 

27 minutes ago, Don6755 said:

I took the drug test last week, approximately how long till I hear back for the final processing?

And just wanted to know the training is done during the day ? 

Could be a week, could be two. Depending on how many slots are available for the class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anyone can help with this question I would really appreciate it. Once the training starts is it a Monday - Thursday class and how many hours a day will the training be for 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Don6755 said:

If anyone can help with this question I would really appreciate it. Once the training starts is it a Monday - Thursday class and how many hours a day will the training be for 

Your first 6 weeks will be Monday-Friday. 8 hours a day. 

Edited by Kidbx175
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, robbiesteves said:

Took the drug test and filled out a few pieces of paper they wanted this past Wednesday. What was the time frame between the drug test and when you were contacted again? Im just trying to get an idea of whats going to happen next

 

14 hours ago, Don6755 said:

If anyone can help with this question I would really appreciate it. Once the training starts is it a Monday - Thursday class and how many hours a day will the training be for 

Are you guys in the 300's in terms of list number? I dont need to know the exact number of course, but I was just wondering if you can give us an estimate of where you guys are on the list so we can get a gage of where the mta is currently at on the list for calling people in for drug tests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bronxster said:

Hello,

does the MTA call or send out letters letting you know about getting the job? I don’t remember if I updated my mailing address. 

I had same issue but I tried numerous times to update address with no confirmation.  Anyways I wouldn't worry, they contacted me via email , phone call (left a voice mail) and even a text message. As long as your phone and email contact are up to date, you should be fine when they contact you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you guys take the drug test, do they ask you to list which medications you are currently taking while under doctors care? Just wondering because prescribed medications can cause a false flag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Zoey said:

When you guys take the drug test, do they ask you to list which medications you are currently taking while under doctors care? Just wondering because prescribed medications can cause a false flag.

(I thought someone else who is currently a TA employee was going to answer the question, that's why I'm late on posting an answer. My sincere apologies.)

I would first encourage you to read this PDF brochure about Drug & Alcohol testing. To answer your question, from all the drug tests that I've taken in the private sector and for the MTA, not only is this optional, and sometimes recommended, but they also tell you to take this with you in the event the Medical Review Officer (MRO) calls you.

As an example: I have a slight medical condition which I've had for over two decades and I take two medications on a regular basis. Since these are the only two medications I take, besides the over-the-counter Vitamin C, and once in a while Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, this, that, etc., I don't have to make a list of medications, since the list is short. I've had this slight medical condition for over 20 years and I've taken several drug (urine) tests and no MRO has called and/or said anything to me.

Another example: A family member of mine has to take over 5 pills on a regular basis, for several conditions, including high blood pressure. He always keeps an updated list of medications with him, in the event something happens. Therefore, if the MRO decides to call my family member, he will have the list ready right there and then, wherever he is, to try to figure out why he tested positive for drugs.

-Young

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After the email confirming interest for the track worker position do we get a follow up email or letter after a certain time for an interview? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, +Young+ said:

(I thought someone else who is currently a TA employee was going to answer the question, that's why I'm late on posting an answer. My sincere apologies.)

I would first encourage you to read this PDF brochure about Drug & Alcohol testing. To answer your question, from all the drug tests that I've taken in the private sector and for the MTA, not only is this optional, and sometimes recommended, but they also tell you to take this with you in the event the Medical Review Officer (MRO) calls you.

As an example: I have a slight medical condition which I've had for over two decades and I take two medications on a regular basis. Since these are the only two medications I take, besides the over-the-counter Vitamin C, and once in a while Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, this, that, etc., I don't have to make a list of medications, since the list is short. I've had this slight medical condition for over 20 years and I've taken several drug (urine) tests and no MRO has called and/or said anything to me.

Another example: A family member of mine has to take over 5 pills on a regular basis, for several conditions, including high blood pressure. He always keeps an updated list of medications with him, in the event something happens. Therefore, if the MRO decides to call my family member, he will have the list ready right there and then, wherever he is, to try to figure out why he tested positive for drugs.

-Young

Great information! Thank you!! @+Young+ 
 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

Great information! Thank you!! @+Young+

You're welcome. Like I've said, to make a long story short, if you have taken a drug (urine) test in the private sector, it's the same thing, the only difference is that you have to wait a lot longer.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.