Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

While we are waiting to get called, this downloadable PDF file might be of interest, especially to those who have a low list number.

In addition, for those of you who are seeking more information, I would encourage you to read the Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process topic. This thread contains a lot of useful information.

Good luck and stay safe out there!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2021 at 12:55 AM, Kidbx175 said:

Anyone on here from the third class?  

So from my understanding theres suppose to be a hire of 200 275 new employees to bring the number track personnel to 1900, than i heard the next two classes to come out would be 40 a class, dont know about now with the whole covid thing. And theres a pick in another few days coming out not to sure how they are going to move after the pick as far as new classes coming in after that

1 hour ago, Chris127 said:

So from my understanding theres suppose to be a hire of 200 275 new employees to bring the number track personnel to 1900, than i heard the next two classes to come out would be 40 a class, dont know about now with the whole covid thing. And theres a pick in another few days coming out not to sure how they are going to move after the pick as far as new classes coming in after that

Have they hit that 1900 number in personel yet with all the new hires? Also I was wondering  if you can explain how the pick thats coming up affects classes coming up. I'm just trying to understand how this works. 

19 minutes ago, Steve78 said:

Have they hit that 1900 number in personel yet with all the new hires? Also I was wondering  if you can explain how the pick thats coming up affects classes coming up. I'm just trying to understand how this works. 

I believe the last guy on the list number is 1789, the pick has to coincide with enough men to jobs available every job has a budget meaning if theres too much employees not in a specific job title it’s considered an x job which is a non budget job. Basically there is no where for the extra men to go as far as gang wise. 

You mean that the last guy on list is 1789 out of the 1900 they need ? I'm just trying to figure out where that would put us on the list pool for hire.

1 hour ago, Rj617 said:

You mean that the last guy on list is 1789 out of the 1900 they need ? I'm just trying to figure out where that would put us on the list pool for hire.

Yes the last guy seniority is 1789

43 minutes ago, Bronxster said:

Good morning, so for those of us that are in the # 3,xxx. Do you guys think we might NOT get called? 

Never know what can happen as long as you guys list dont expire they can keep hiring whenever they want 

• Thanks 1

That seniority list only contains new classes 1&2 so there are an additional 36 new hires that arent counted on that list ( class of July 19 and the august 2nd class ) so that real total should be 1825

2 minutes ago, Jaybag said:

That seniority list only contains new classes 1&2 so there are an additional 36 new hires that arent counted on that list ( class of July 19 and the august 2nd class ) so that real total should be 1825

Thats if they union updates the seniority list before the pick comes they may just keep the guys coming in as x gangs the pick is supposed to happening the 16th 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chris127 said:

Never know what can happen as long as you guys list dont expire they can keep hiring whenever they want 

Thank you for responding 👷🏽‍♂️👍🏽

Good morning

Yesterday the NYC mayor said that "effective immediately all New Hires for the city of New York must show proof of being vaccinated or they can NOT work for NYC.

Does this apply to MTA NYCT new hires?

Thank You

10 hours ago, Jaybag said:

Yeah that was for current city workers now he wants vaccination to be mandatory for all new hires 

how about those that resigned during probation and return
as re-hired with in the one year time limit?

My number is in the 2000, if they stop calling for track workers can I be called in for a different position or will I have to register for a new postion? My friend took the conductor test and got called for cleaner but she was in the 500's

15 minutes ago, Billy1226 said:

My number is in the 2000, if they stop calling for track workers can I be called in for a different position or will I have to register for a new postion? My friend took the conductor test and got called for cleaner but she was in the 500's

It's possible you can get offered a cleaner position if they know they won't get to you for Track. There's no guarantee though.

Hi

Does anyone know if the vaccine requirement for NYC new hires, include exemptions to getting vaccinated due to medial or religious reasons?

Thank You

38 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Has the recruitment been halted due to covid again ? 

From what i found out these past few days is that theres been someone who was bumped up on the list and has been hired skipping ppl that was before him because someone in his family works for transit., now that happened transit freezed you guys list to find out how many people was before him because by law those people have to get hired so just hang tight guys they are suppose be hiring until jan 

6 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

From what i found out these past few days is that theres been someone who was bumped up on the list and has been hired skipping ppl that was before him because someone in his family works for transit., now that happened transit freezed you guys list to find out how many people was before him because by law those people have to get hired so just hang tight guys they are suppose be hiring until jan 

Was this person in the 7/19 class?