Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know theirs a new track class starting the end of August. I would strongly recommend going down to 180 Livingston and being annoying  and ensuring your not being skipped. That place is understaffed and overwhelmed and mistakes can be made. I tell everyone you have to be aggressive with this job. 

Also light maintainer and power distribution maintainer exams are coming out. The base is more then track, if you have experience you should throw your hat in the ring.

08/16 like you fellas said the pick should begin but who knows. Everything is subject to change. All these new guys will be stuck in X gangs for another 3 years if they don’t make the pick.  

I’m seeing a lot of the new guys in the field and I know you guys are excited to be city employees but fellas the most important thing is to look both ways, learn the directional flow of traffic and work safely!

What's up Everyone, I've been following this forum for some time now just getting as much information I can, Wish everyone the best of luck! Curious to see if the pace of hiring will stay the same or speed up since I read earlier they approved another 100 Hires?  

List # 80x

1 hour ago, Bmart212 said:

I also took drug test August 24th. Was contacted through email 2 days after to go in at 6:30 am for medical and finger printing tomorrow the 7th

Your almost there, in the medical email they send they will usually let you know what class they are trying to put in if you pass the second phase.

Could you let us know if they tell you tomorrow, that you have to show proof of COVID 19 vaccination to be hired?

and if there are exemptions available for the vaccine?

Appreciate it

Thank You and I hope you pass the medical 👍

1 hour ago, Steve78 said:

I took the drug test on August 24th, I am still waiting on the call back for the medical process, but I haven't heard anything about any dates for a class yet either.

You will get the email soon, good luck when you go

Thanks for reply