Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Bmart212 said:

Hey, was there from 6:30 a.m until 6 pm. Class starts Monday via zoom

Hi I was just wondering if you are before or after the 47x's in terms of list number because I also went for the drug test as well on the 24th and didn't hear back from the MTA yet. Also if anyone else reads this I was just wondering will the MTA contact you if something went wrong with the pre employment paperwork? I only ask because I took the drug test and I dont do drugs or drink so I know for a fact that I tested clean. Im just trying to figure out if they didn't have any room left in the September class and I have a shot at the October class or if something went wrong like I got lost in the shuffle and my chances are officially over. If anyone has any advice or went through this in the past please let me know. 

4 hours ago, Stackman718 said:

Hi I was just wondering if you are before or after the 47x's in terms of list number because I also went for the drug test as well on the 24th and didn't hear back from the MTA yet. Also if anyone else reads this I was just wondering will the MTA contact you if something went wrong with the pre employment paperwork? I only ask because I took the drug test and I dont do drugs or drink so I know for a fact that I tested clean. Im just trying to figure out if they didn't have any room left in the September class and I have a shot at the October class or if something went wrong like I got lost in the shuffle and my chances are officially over. If anyone has any advice or went through this in the past please let me know. 

Offhand, have you considered reaching out to the "higher ups," whose contact information can be viewed here? Hopefully this will do the trick.

In addition, I'm going to send you a Private Message (PM) after I'm done with this post. You should see this notification on the top-right hand side of this webpage.

Good luck!!

16 hours ago, Bmart212 said:

They gave me a vaccination form to fill out but they never collected it. There giving vaccinations Wednesday's and Thursdays, I was never told vaccine's are required while I was there. Also all the track workers who were there were in the 400s

Thank You for the reply 👍

and congratulations again on getting in.

Are we allowed to go down to 180 Livingston Street without an appointment? I have a feeling my paperwork may have gotten lost in the mix as its been over 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything about going for the medical. My other question is if it is ok do I speak to the ladies behind the glass window about my issue or is there someone specific that handles this type of thing?

Edited by Steve78

3 hours ago, Steve78 said:

Are we allowed to go down to 180 Livingston Street without an appointment? I have a feeling my paperwork may have gotten lost in the mix as its been over 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything about going for the medical. My other question is if it is ok do I speak to the ladies behind the glass window about my issue or is there someone specific that handles this type of thing?

When I got hired from the last test I never got my second letter to come down and was almost skipped over.

Ms. Robinson - 347-643-8198 

this is who I called and got sorted out with, told her I know people with higher number than me being called and I haven’t been, she got my sorted out with a new letter and got hired next week.

hopefully she is still there, call leave a message and she’ll get back to you

On 9/8/2021 at 11:56 PM, Queensqueens111 said:

When I got hired from the last test I never got my second letter to come down and was almost skipped over.

Ms. Robinson - 347-643-8198 

this is who I called and got sorted out with, told her I know people with higher number than me being called and I haven’t been, she got my sorted out with a new letter and got hired next week.

hopefully she is still there, call leave a message and she’ll get back to you

On 9/9/2021 at 12:20 AM, Bmart212 said:

Yea try speaking to the ladies on the 5th floor

Just wanted to thank both of you guys for the advice. I tried reaching out to Ms Robinson but no responses came back so I had decided to go down to Livingston Street on Thursday and they were able to help me out big time.  They were able to get me an appointment for the medical the very next day being Friday for 7am. So yesterday "being Friday" I went down at 7am and took the medical and was cleared for final processing and got hired at around 4:30pm. I made it into the September 13th class.

1 hour ago, Steve78 said:

Just wanted to thank both of you guys for the advice. I tried reaching out to Ms Robinson but no responses came back so I had decided to go down to Livingston Street on Thursday and they were able to help me out big time.  They were able to get me an appointment for the medical the very next day being Friday for 7am. So yesterday "being Friday" I went down at 7am and took the medical and was cleared for final processing and got hired at around 4:30pm. I made it into the September 13th class.

Congratulations.  I will keep all this in mind if ever in same situation.  Are you listed in the 400's?

8 hours ago, Steve78 said:

Makes you wonder how many other people have been skipped over and they don’t even know it.

1 hour ago, Blicky said:

Makes you wonder how many other people have been skipped over and they don’t even know it.

Thats a good point. Thats why this forum is so important as well as helpful to keep track of. Had it not been for this website I would have had no idea at all. There was only 4 of us for track workers there yesterday 2 of us made it and one guy got put on medical hold and the other guy I think had to come back because he had a money order that they couldn't accept because it had an expiration date on it. If anyone reads this make sure your money order is from the post office and if it is not, then make sure that it doesn't have an expiration date on it because they will tell you to leave and come back. I seen them tell alot of people who were there for the conducter job that they had time to go run down to the post office a few blocks away and come back with a new money order. I felt bad for the guy who didn't make the track worker job because he was told way later in the day and the photo id room where they take your picture was about to close at 4pm and it was around 3:55pm. So make sure you guys have the correct money order for your finger prints.

Edited by Steve78

To the guys that started class today, just wanted to know a couple of things. 

1. How many people in the class.

2. Locations of OJT

3. Have they talked to you about what jobs you'll be able to pick.

Wondering where things are in terms of where people will be able to pick since the main pick is now over.

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

2. Locations of OJT

Wondering where things are in terms of where people will be able to pick since the main pick is now over.

How do you like the job so far dman? 

8 hours ago, dman1455 said:

2. Locations of OJT

Yesterday was the orientation. It was a zoom online meeting. We went over all the things like pay, vacation, sick days, life insurance, retirement plans, safety, id's, etc etc. Today will be another orientation at 195 Montague Street. Then Wednesday starts the actual class. 

7 minutes ago, Steve78 said:

Yesterday was the orientation. It was a zoom online meeting. We went over all the things like pay, vacation, sick days, life insurance, retirement plans, safety, id's, etc etc. Today will be another orientation at 195 Montague Street. Then Wednesday starts the actual class. 

How many track workers? 

11 hours ago, dman1455 said:

2. Locations of OJT

It's pretty good, we all having a good time. They got us in flagging class the next 2 weeks. Hopefully the change over happens soon cause I picked Capital Days and I'm ready to make the $$$

3 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

How many track workers? 

Hard to say cause there was about 89 people for the zoom orientation and its was mostly conductors. If I had to guess I'd say around 10 track workers. It was a mix of track workers, conductors,  and equipment maintenance people. I'll have a better answer for you today cause I believe today at the Montague St orientation will be only track workers. I'll let ya know tho once the day is over at 4pm.