Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Movefromm3 said:

How do you tell that there were 300 more vacancies open? Does it show it somewhere on the Civil Service list?

You can use the data website here. In the dataset search, type in N.Y.C Transit Authority and you'll see all of the recently requested lists pop up.

19 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

How many track workers? 

Today at the union hall orientation it was 24 people in our class. About 20 track workers and 4 electronic equipment maintainers. Tommorrow is the 1st day of training on w13th Street in Brooklyn ill let ya know if there's any change in numbers.

2 hours ago, Steve78 said:

Today at the union hall orientation it was 24 people in our class. About 20 track workers and 4 electronic equipment maintainers. Tommorrow is the 1st day of training on w13th Street in Brooklyn ill let ya know if there's any change in numbers.

Thanks for the info and good luck. 

Hello to all , I've got a situation that I need some guidance on , I passed the track worker test 8600 with a 95 and with the veteran credit I ended up with 100 for the test so I was in the high 20.000's .

Now through poor judgment , I failed the drug test and the doctor called me and after all she said , she mentioned that I had a choice , either let it go or in an attempt to get reinstated , for me to take a drug counseling program that I was offered ,ok , well it cost me about $500 bucks for an assessment from a social worker to see as to which program to refer me to so I ended up in a virtual program that met once week for 8 weeks and I went through it and finished it and the social worker gave me a contact number to follow up with. 

I contacted the person to find out what would be my ne t step ,only to be told that being that it was policy to be taken out of the list once failing to pass the drug test .

So if that would've been so from the get go , then why fill my head with hope , make me spend around $500 bucks and waste 8 weeks plus end up being surprised with a scarlet letter to any and all future city jobs that I apply to .

So what say you that know more than me , I have plans to visit 180 Livingston Street's MTA personel (human resources) as recommended by an about to retire MTA track worker. 

Someone please help me. 

54 minutes ago, GilT said:

Hello to all , I've got a situation that I need some guidance on , I passed the track worker test 8600 with a 95 and with the veteran credit I ended up with 100 for the test so I was in the high 20.000's .

Now through poor judgment , I failed the drug test and the doctor called me and after all she said , she mentioned that I had a choice , either let it go or in an attempt to get reinstated , for me to take a drug counseling program that I was offered ,ok , well it cost me about $500 bucks for an assessment from a social worker to see as to which program to refer me to so I ended up in a virtual program that met once week for 8 weeks and I went through it and finished it and the social worker gave me a contact number to follow up with. 

I contacted the person to find out what would be my ne t step ,only to be told that being that it was policy to be taken out of the list once failing to pass the drug test .

So if that would've been so from the get go , then why fill my head with hope , make me spend around $500 bucks and waste 8 weeks plus end up being surprised with a scarlet letter to any and all future city jobs that I apply to .

So what say you that know more than me , I have plans to visit 180 Livingston Street's MTA personel (human resources) as recommended by an about to retire MTA track worker. 

Someone please help me. 

I know a few people that are currently employees that went through this same process and got called once they we’re done with the program, but idk if they went through with transit’s program or there own neva heard of anybody paying for anything and I believe you was suppose reinstated once you you we’re told that you failed. But i would go up to 180 livingston with all your paper work and the lady name that told you to reinstate after you completed the program.

1 hour ago, GilT said:

Someone please help me. 

Try going to HR but honestly I don't think you should get your hopes up.

There's been posts' about this before with multiple users in your same situation and the same outcome happened to every one of them.

They failed a drug test, they were recommended to take a drug prevention course which they had to pay for out of pocket, after completing the course the person they met up with will send MTA an email with your application in hopes of them reversing their decision, you'll wait a while, then you'll get a letter from MTA stating they've reviewed your case and they've determined that you're not eligible for the job and will not be hired.

On top of that you'll also be informed that you're not allowed to apply for any transit positions for the next year. I think the wait-a-year thing is a bit harsh but unless they've made an update to their 2018/2019 hiring process that I'm unaware of then it's still normal protocol. 

4 minutes ago, Movefromm3 said:

There's been posts' about this before with multiple users in your same situation and the same outcome happened to every one of them.

They failed a drug test, they were recommended to take a drug prevention course which they had to pay for out of pocket, after completing the course the person they met up with will send MTA an email with your application in hopes of them reversing their decision, you'll wait a while, then you'll get a letter from MTA stating they've reviewed your case and they've determined that you're not eligible for the job and will not be hired.

On top of that you'll also be informed that you're not allowed to apply for any transit positions for the next year. I think the wait-a-year thing is a bit harsh but unless they've made an update to their 2018/2019 hiring process that I'm unaware of then it's still normal protocol. 

Thank you 

22 hours ago, Steve78 said:

Did they happen to mention when would the next 2 or 3 classes begin or how many track workers they are looking to hire for this year?

Good luck in training and congratulations 😃

7 hours ago, hh1a said:

Did they happen to mention when would the next 2 or 3 classes begin or how many track workers they are looking to hire for this year?

Good luck in training and congratulations 😃

The instructor mentioned last night that there is another class in about 2 weeks.

16 hours ago, Chris127 said:

I know a few people that are currently employees that went through this same process and got called once they we’re done with the program, but idk if they went through with transit’s program or there own neva heard of anybody paying for anything and I believe you was suppose reinstated once you you we’re told that you failed. But i would go up to 180 livingston with all your paper work and the lady name that told you to reinstate after you completed the program.

Thank you 

15 hours ago, Movefromm3 said:

Thank you 

On 9/15/2021 at 1:57 PM, GilT said:

Someone please help me. 

You can try contacting Ronde Johnson she is the Designated Employee Representative for the MTA. She is who handles the people who completed the SAP program. She helped me out back in 2013 and I know she is still working with the MTA currently. Her email is Ronde.Johnson@nyct.com

Now I don't know if she can reinstate you but she is the one that you have to send your SAP completion papers to. You have to have your SAP counselor send her your return to duty papers via email and then also by regular mail. Even if you don't get reinstated by some chance I would still try to contact her and get them over to her so that way you have them on there file and you'll have no problem getting another job in the future with the MTA if this one doesn't work out. Good luck.

6 hours ago, Steve78 said:

You can try contacting Ronde Johnson she is the Designated Employee Representative for the MTA. She is who handles the people who completed the SAP program. She helped me out back in 2013 and I know she is still working with the MTA currently. Her email is Ronde.Johnson@nyct.com

Now I don't know if she can reinstate you but she is the one that you have to send your SAP completion papers to. You have to have your SAP counselor send her your return to duty papers via email and then also by regular mail. Even if you don't get reinstated by some chance I would still try to contact her and get them over to her so that way you have them on there file and you'll have no problem getting another job in the future with the MTA if this one doesn't work out. Good luck.

Thank you .

31 minutes ago, bchen9786 said:

Got an email today for 64x for the drug screening and the appointment is tomorrow. Is there any way I can defer the appointment? I'm still overseas I wish they gave more notice I would rush back to take the test. 

If you look back at some of the older posts,  im pretty sure you can contact HR directly or the main office. There is contact information in previous posts. Im sure you will be able to fly back and show up in person and they will honor your list number. I would try calling first but I don't think you should be worried. I'm in a similar situation,  I'm patiently waiting and would have to drop my current job and take a flight up north in a moment notice. Good luck