Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

12 hours ago, Rj617 said:

If you get called in for medical,  and your not currently vaccinated. What is the procedure? Can you get vaccinated that day or will it hold you up? Also, if a booster shot is needed,  can you proceed to employment or do you need both shots prior? 

They hand you a form that says, 1. Yes, you want to be vaccinated 2. You do not want the vaccine 3. You’re already vaccinated.

I chose I don’t want the vaccine and here I am in training. So no it will not hold you up.

On a side note they said they’re looking to hire 100 more track workers.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the Hiring sped up quick! Thanks for the info guys regarding vaccinations, also you mentioned they said they will hire 100 more track workers. Is that additional to the 300 vacancies they recently listed on the Civil Service List?  I'm just trying to gauge my chances of getting a call before January.

List # 80x

49 minutes ago, FromBK2LI said:

Seems like the Hiring sped up quick! Thanks for the info guys regarding vaccinations, also you mentioned they said they will hire 100 more track workers. Is that additional to the 300 vacancies they recently listed on the Civil Service List?  I'm just trying to gauge my chances of getting a call before January.

List # 80x

You just never know with transit but I do hope that its very soon. The faster you guys get on the faster I can become a pineapple too lol

Counting the days.. 

4 minutes ago, Zoey said:

You just never know with transit but I do hope that its very soon. The faster you guys get on the faster I can become a pineapple too lol

Counting the days.. 

I feel like once the list hit 300s it started to fly by. I was surprised to be called this month,  I was anticipating around November-December based on how the list started to move. Just stay ready and check all email inboxes daily. There were a few guys who found out they had an appointment literally that morning.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:37 AM, Queensqueens111 said:

Yes contact or go down to livingston

Can you just show up in person to resolve any issues, or do you need an appointment to show up?

Due to the pandemic I was under the impression that you first need and appointment and then fill out a virus screening form online the day before, or they won't let you in.

3 hours ago, hh1a said:

That's good, so there should be more classes after the January class.

Who was your source?

Carlos Albert. Chairman of the track division. He stopped by and spoke to the class.

Feels like a lot of people might not be responding to the employment emails with how quick they’re flying through the list. When I had to go down to 180 Livingston last week, it was only me and one other track guy there. Everybody else were mostly bus, conductor and traffic checkers.

On 9/24/2021 at 5:05 PM, Michelle22 said:

I was supposed to start training on Monday the 27th of Sept but I can’t make it. They said I can start on October 18th instead.

Hi, do you know of another date for an October class or November ?

Thanks

On 9/11/2021 at 5:21 AM, Steve78 said:

I tried reaching out to Ms Robinson but no responses came back so I had decided to go down to Livingston Street on Thursday and they were able to help me out big time.

Hi, Where you able to just show up in person without filling out that COVId questionare and an appointment ?

If no, who did you contact to set you up for an appointment ?

Thanks

I had to show up on for a drug test on Tuesday,  they never asked for the Covid questionnaire but they do check your temperature when walking in. I did fill out the questionnaire online the day prior before the appointment as instructed on the email. I would just show up and as long as your temperature is normal,  I don't think they will be any issues. I have heard people just showing up and revolving their issues as long as the list number was reached or skipped.

The drug screening was on Tuesday,  they said 3-90 days till they contact. Is it possible that I can make the class in October?

6 hours ago, Rj617 said:

I had to show up on for a drug test on Tuesday,  they never asked for the Covid questionnaire but they do check your temperature when walking in. I did fill out the questionnaire online the day prior before the appointment as instructed on the email. I would just show up and as long as your temperature is normal,  I don't think they will be any issues. I have heard people just showing up and revolving their issues as long as the list number was reached or skipped.

The drug screening was on Tuesday,  they said 3-90 days till they contact. Is it possible that I can make the class in October?

Not really sure but If they told the new T/W’s about incoming classes, I would say you’re golden for this month if not, it won’t be that long after!! Bet that commute hurt for you by the way lol

4 hours ago, bchen9786 said:

Just went in for my drug test at 6:30am this morning. Thank you for all the help. Took a bunch of emails and calls but I was able to come back from overseas and do a make up for the drug test. 

Glad it worked out. Good luck with landing the job. 🤞

23 hours ago, Kingwilson said:

What’s the chances of list numbers in the early 900’s being called this year? I want to know if I should go on vacation or not please and thank you. 

In the same boat. I'm in the 800's and currently waiting to hear back from them for the drug test, so hopefully soon. Seems like they are still in the 700's for now.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:45 PM, Jaybag said:

Keep in mind the drug test is only good for about 30/60 days so they are looking to hire you prob within the next month so if you have to move back keep that in mind best of luck 

Thanks I was hoping they would hire within this month for the November class. When I called they told me they can probably try to fit me in for the drug test and the medical the same week. I explained my situation to them how I work overseas and they understood. So hopefully they can squeeze me in for the medical within these 2 weeks while I'm still here in the States need to make one more trip back overseas for a final clean up of my items which will take about a week which would be perfect if I can make it to the November class. 

23 hours ago, track work exam 8600 said:

my list number 5315 i wonder wen i will get called 

Remember this exam expires in 2024 that's a while from now, and anything can happen, they could get to you number, due to these circumstances, a lot of track workers retiring, they need more track workers due to work load and new contracts to fix the subway tracks, some by the time it's there list number decided to not accept the job, some failed the drug test and some by the time they get called are already at a good job or at their current job they got promoted. So a lot of factors played into when they will get to your number, just gotta wait and keep applying to other exams 👍