Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

4 minutes ago, bchen9786 said:

Just got an email to return for Medical. I was told on the phone I would start for the November class if my medical goes alright. Fingers crossed. 

Congratulations. That's awesome. When do you have to report for medical? Do they give you at least a few days or is it immediate?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bchen9786 said:

Just got an email to return for Medical. I was told on the phone I would start for the November class if my medical goes alright. Fingers crossed. 

so it seems that the October 18 class that someone else mentioned is full ?

Did they tell you what date the November class begins ?

Good Luck in your medical.

Edited by hh1a

44 minutes ago, hh1a said:

so it seems that the October 18 class that someone else mentioned is full ?

Did they tell you what date the November class begins ?

Good Luck in your medical.

November 8th I was told. I don't know if October is full but I asked for a November class because I still have to return overseas for a final clean up of my things. 

On 9/14/2021 at 3:52 AM, Steve78 said:

Yesterday was the orientation. It was a zoom online meeting. We went over all the things like pay, vacation, sick days, life insurance, retirement plans, safety, id's, etc etc. Today will be another orientation at 195 Montague Street. Then Wednesday starts the actual class. 

Hi,.do u know how long is the zoom meeting,. I have mines at 8am oct.18,. Just want to know if I should take the day off

9 minutes ago, Mashq said:

Hi,.do u know how long is the zoom meeting,. I have mines at 8am oct.18,. Just want to know if I should take the day off

It’s 8 hours, a typical work shift. They will give you a couple of breaks during said meeting but I’d recommend taking the day off to soak in all the information. 

25 minutes ago, Mashq said:

About how long ago was your drug test? Is your list # in the 600s?.. im trying to gauge when to hopefully expect a call fpr physical cause im catching alot of heat for taking off of my job to travel to these appointments.  Thx. Good luck 

8 minutes ago, avasquez1985 said:

I have medical tomorrow for November class 

is there way of changing the November class to December or January class.

Maybe ask them when you show up for the medical. When I got called for medical I was asked if I could commit to the upcoming class date or else they would have me come in at a later date.

1 hour ago, Vj516 said:

how much does criminal history count against you? i got my conditional offer and there is a section to list convictions. I'd hate to get this far and be disqualified because of a criminal history.

When did you get the offer and what is your list number range?

2 hours ago, Vj516 said:

List #76x... Got the offer today, did the drug test Friday...

Just don’t lie, plenty of guys here with records. If they pull up more indictments than you filled out, they might dump you for lying/hiding them.

One guy here by me with 8/9 for various drug and criminal charges, honesty is key.

Edited by Queensqueens111

3 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Just don’t lie, plenty of guys here with records. If they pull up more indictments than you filled out, they might dump you for lying/hiding them.

One guy here by me with 8/9 for various drug and criminal charges, honesty is key.

OK thanks. I didn't plan to lie, it's just that the truth looks bad on paper lol

25 minutes ago, Acb9310 said:

Received a phone call today to come to 180 Livingston street to continue the employment process. I haven’t received an email yet. List number 89*. What do I need to bring with me besides the completed application?

Social security card, birth certificate and state ID/Drivers license.  Make sure you don't have any outstanding tickets of any kind. They won't let you take the drug test if you do.  I saw three people sent home when I went for drug test. If you do have to take care of any tickets,  have proof that they are handled. Good luck ** also check your spam email or keep checking your inbox,  there was a link for a questionnaire that had to be completed the day before your appointment 

Edited by Rj617
Updated info

1 minute ago, Rj617 said:

Social security card, birth certificate and state ID/Drivers license.  Make sure you don't have any outstanding tickets of any kind. They won't let you take the drug test if you do.  I saw three people sent home when I went for drug test. If you do have to take care of any tickets,  have proof that they are handled. Good luck

Thank you

1 hour ago, CH24 said:

Hello,

My list # in the early 800s. I finally got a called+SMS today for the coming up Tuesday appointment. Got an email a few hours ago with instructions. Good luck all!

Same here Just got called/emailed in for Tuesday as well List # 80X. Don't forget to check your messages and spam folder guys. Good Luck!