Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Acb9310 said:

Nice, good luck brother! Here’s hoping I get the call/email soon too

Thanks.. they usually called / text and leave a voice mail but this time it was an email only. Make sure to check spam inbox, it is easy to miss. Good luck 

Good going guys and congrats on those that got through. This is just some updates on my end in case anyone in similar situations.  Couldn't find my SS and Passport (assuming they're lost). I went to my appointment as scheduled. I was given a form with contact information to contact back once I have my documents.  I guess there's still hope since I didn't ditched the appointment.

7 hours ago, Rj617 said:

Thanks.. they usually called / text and leave a voice mail but this time it was an email only. Make sure to check spam inbox, it is easy to miss. Good luck 

Nice, thanks brother, how long did you wait until you received the medical appointment?

It was a little over 2 weeks from the drug screening until I received the email for medical. Just make sure you have all proper documents and the pre employment forms filled out correctly. Make sure you don't have any pending tickets or summons of any kind open and if you do, pay it off before the date and have documented proof you did. After the drug screening,  I would say within 30 days, you will be hired in. Good luck

22 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

It was a little over 2 weeks from the drug screening until I received the email for medical. Just make sure you have all proper documents and the pre employment forms filled out correctly. Make sure you don't have any pending tickets or summons of any kind open and if you do, pay it off before the date and have documented proof you did. After the drug screening,  I would say within 30 days, you will be hired in. Good luck

Got it brother!

10 hours ago, Kazumavega said:

Hello everyone.
I took the 8600 exam and passed. I received my letter on 1/8/20 saying that i'm on the list. Does anyone know how long before i'm contacted?

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/a9md-ynri?mobile_redirect=true

Go to that website and search 08600, look for your name and it will have a list number. I believe everything up to about 899 has been contacted. 

Just finished the whole hiring process on Wednesday . Officially start nov 8. Just a heads up make sure you have ALL your paperwork required. I got put on medical hold because I didnt have glasses with me even though I only wear contacts. So had to go buy prescription glasses to do the eye exam. Just a heads up for anyone with contacts/glasses. Also if you have any criminal record make sure to have court disposition paper. They dont tell you that you need it until you are there so it delayed my hiring process. Good luck to everyone 

Edited by Chrisr91
Wrong info

1 hour ago, Chrisr91 said:

Just finished the whole hiring process on Wednesday . Officially start nov 8. Just a heads up make sure you have ALL your paperwork required. I got put on medical hold because I didnt have glasses with me even though I only wear contacts. So had to go buy prescription glasses to do the eye exam. Just a heads up for anyone with contacts/glasses. Also if you have any criminal record make sure to have court disposition paper. They dont tell you that you need it until you are there so it delayed my hiring process. Good luck to everyone 

How long were you on medical hold ? Just curious if anything is needed,  how much time is given since I'm from out of town.

5 minutes ago, Kazumavega said:

Thank you @Rj617
Is the List number my spot in line? if so, I have a wait ahead of me

The list # is in order in which we will be called. So if your list # hasn't been called, just stay patient and keep checking this blog as it keeps us all updated with the hiring process.  Good luck

7 minutes ago, Kazumavega said:

Thank you @Rj617
Is the List number my spot in line? if so, I have a wait ahead of me

Yes it is. What is your list number? Mine is 130x. I should be in the next batch. Maybe late winter or spring time. By the way, congrats to all of you!! You must be excited!!

Edited by Zoey

7 minutes ago, Kingwilson said:

I just got called to go down to Livingston to do a drug test but it changed from track worker to conductor is that normal? 

It may have been an error. Did you take the Conductor 6601 exam? If you are on both lists then that could be a possibility. Otherwise it was probably an error. Email the exam unit.

17 minutes ago, TraDon said:

It may have been an error. Did you take the Conductor 6601 exam? If you are on both lists then that could be a possibility. Otherwise it was probably an error. Email the exam unit.

I did take both train conductor and track worker exams and got the same score for both. It’s just the conductor list is so much longer and wasn’t expecting to get called for it. All emails and info I’ve been getting has been for track worker I wanted to know if I show up to the appointment would they being sending me in to be a conductor or a track worker or at least have an option?  I think I prefer track work instead of conductor. Im in the early 900’s list number for track work but somewhere in the 4600’s for conductor. But I’ll email them today see what they say 

41 minutes ago, Kingwilson said:

I did take both train conductor and track worker exams and got the same score for both. It’s just the conductor list is so much longer and wasn’t expecting to get called for it. All emails and info I’ve been getting has been for track worker I wanted to know if I show up to the appointment would they being sending me in to be a conductor or a track worker or at least have an option?  I think I prefer track work instead of conductor. Im in the early 900’s list number for track work but somewhere in the 4600’s for conductor. But I’ll email them today see what they say 

Well I know they are in the 4000's for canvassing the conductor list. Not sure what number they are at for track worker.

11 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Well I know they are in the 4000's for canvassing the conductor list. Not sure what number they are at for track worker.

One more question if you don’t mind answering if I go through the conductor process will I still get called for track worker too or will that get thrown out? I’m honestly ready to leave the job I’m at now I just would prefer track worker 

1 hour ago, Kingwilson said:

One more question if you don’t mind answering if I go through the conductor process will I still get called for track worker too or will that get thrown out? I’m honestly ready to leave the job I’m at now I just would prefer track worker 

Per other posts I've seen on this forum, your Track Worker list number would not be thrown out if you go through the pre-employment process for Conductor.