Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got  my pre employment canvas earlier this month. What is a good ballpark estimate between that and hearing back for any other news? From what I’ve seen on the forum is seems to be a 4/5 month period in between the canvas and going down the Livingston for other processing. Could anyone detail the steps?

Does anyone remember discussing the top pay for this position? I looked back to the previous exam and it seems like it started at 20 and caped out at 29 per hour? Not sure where this leaves this title now and I believe the notice said 22 was the starting rate.

Currently I am in a seasonal role , My starting rate is similar and being that I have done a few seasons at this point its only a matter of time until full-time comes my way.

The title I am in pays about the same with other perks starting but I wanted to know about long term top pay with this title.

7 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

Does anyone remember discussing the top pay for this position? I looked back to the previous exam and it seems like it started at 20 and caped out at 29 per hour? Not sure where this leaves this title now and I believe the notice said 22 was the starting rate.

Currently I am in a seasonal role , My starting rate is similar and being that I have done a few seasons at this point its only a matter of time until full-time comes my way.

The title I am in pays about the same with other perks starting but I wanted to know about long term top pay with this title.

Top is $36 next year and from what people have said its about $25 starting. Not bad.

37 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

As of today, starting is 24.7710 and top pay is 35.3871.

2 hours ago, MissJ said:

Does anyone know how many females have been hired for track worker?

There is a decent amount of females in track you will come across a few there are female supervisors superintendents etc., alot of them find spots in offices so thats probably why people dont see them alot out on the tracks 

On 10/23/2021 at 8:59 PM, Rj617 said:

I remember getting a email/text for pre employment in June. It had to be completed a few days after. I didn't hear anything until September for the drug screening. I go in for medical next week and hope to start the Nov 8 class.

Hope the medical goes all well for you! 

Silly question guys. For those who don’t have the best vision, do you have to wear safety glasses on the tracks or do you have to wear your own? 

2 hours ago, Zoey said:

Hope the medical goes all well for you! 

Silly question guys. For those who don’t have the best vision, do you have to wear safety glasses on the tracks or do you have to wear your own? 

Make sure you bring your glasses to the medical when called. You’ll wear your glasses with another pair over until you can get transits safety glasses. GVS I think it the supplier, you’ll have to get a forum to fill out and bring to their store. They’ll go over it at the medical and in school.

16 hours ago, MissJ said:

Does anyone know how many females have been hired for track worker?

About 40 or so in track right now. As stated a lot get office spots, if they pick a reporting location that doesn’t have a women’s locker room/bathroom than they are told to report somewhere with one. Usually a main field office where they end up staying to help.

Make sure you have every document and READ each direction carefully.  Mistakes are easily made and will set you back. If you had any surgery on any part of your body, I would see a doc and get a note / clearance for that particular surgery to ensure you are OK to perform physical work. They will test and look for issues especially with those that have / had a condition or trauma to make sure you are qualified. Don't have any tickets of any kind, in any state or any criminal charges pending.  Bring the disposition papers for whatever and make sure you are out of trouble.  I've seen people turned back right before they made it to be hired. Good luck

20 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Make sure you have every document and READ each direction carefully.  Mistakes are easily made and will set you back. If you had any surgery on any part of your body, I would see a doc and get a note / clearance for that particular surgery to ensure you are OK to perform physical work. They will test and look for issues especially with those that have / had a condition or trauma to make sure you are qualified. Don't have any tickets of any kind, in any state or any criminal charges pending.  Bring the disposition papers for whatever and make sure you are out of trouble.  I've seen people turned back right before they made it to be hired. Good luck

Thank you for the tips

2 hours ago, Acb9310 said:

You still waiting for medical/final processing? If I’m correct your drug test pre employment appointment as last Tuesday right? If all goes well we might be in the same class

Yeah we probably will. Still waiting for that call as well for medical/final processing. 

48 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Wow, Thanks I didn't know that. I had surgery for nerve damage in my arm years ago and did PT, and everything is fine now. I'm bigger and stronger than ever and workout 6 days a week. I guess I'll look into how to get a clearance letter from my primary doc saying I'm okay to perform physical work.

Anyone complete the zoom class orientation?. Once you register,  is it the same link used to register or a different link to attend?  The instruction paper doesn't clarify and can you participate thru cellphone or need a computer/ laptop. I've never used zoom so I'm not sure how it works. Thx

1 hour ago, Rj617 said:

Anyone complete the zoom class orientation?. Once you register,  is it the same link used to register or a different link to attend?  The instruction paper doesn't clarify and can you participate thru cellphone or need a computer/ laptop. I've never used zoom so I'm not sure how it works. Thx

When I registered I got a link sent to my email. I kept the email so on the day of orientation I just clicked on the link. You can use a cellphone or laptop, as long as your online your good.

Edited by Blicky

16 minutes ago, Blicky said:

When I registered I got a link sent to my email. I kept the email so on the day of orientation I just clicked on the link. You can use a cellphone or laptop, as long as your online your good.

Thanks, I just checked my email. I received a email with link. Appreciate the response 

12 hours ago, nyorker said:

Does anyone knows if you can work at MTA if you are eligible to work in the US, but you're not a Citizen or permanent resident? 

I have what is called TPS, though a temporary status, I am eligible to work for any employer. Please let me know, Thanks!!!

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/8600.pdf

According to 8600's exam notice, US citizenship is not required.