Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

On 12/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, Chris127 said:

Hey i got 5 years with being a track worker answering your first question it all depends on what you pick capital days or night tend go have at least more people in gangs than maintenance days or nights., ot is voluntary you are not forced to work any doubles unless there is a state of an emergency which is rare to happen and snow duty. As far as brooklyn locations it all depends on seniority and if you willing to work night or days hope this sums up most of track . 

What is the physical like before you get hired? How much weight do they make you pick up and other things they do?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Marv said:

What is the physical like before you get hired? How much weight do they make you pick up and other things they do?

There is no physical required for this position as far as lifting anything ,  you must pass the ekg and spiral test thats pretty much it

Silly question but what do you bring to the medical/ drug test? I'm thinking ahead for the future...I remember seeing one post saying that pre-hire booklet but am unsure if its the same one as you do months before these processes.

Also when I did the pre-hire I answered everything to the best of my ability. Issue is I didn't have some supervisors contact info from years ago. Hopefully this doesn't hold me back.

Edited by bimmer4me

5 hours ago, bimmer4me said:

Silly question but what do you bring to the medical/ drug test? I'm thinking ahead for the future...I remember seeing one post saying that pre-hire booklet but am unsure if its the same one as you do months before these processes.

Also when I did the pre-hire I answered everything to the best of my ability. Issue is I didn't have some supervisors contact info from years ago. Hopefully this doesn't hold me back.

I’m pretty sure they would’ve contacted you by now if it was an issue but I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask the person who took your pre-employment email. I’m also curious about the other pre-hire booklet. I did fill it out and save it as a copy just in case. 

6 hours ago, Zoey said:

I’m pretty sure they would’ve contacted you by now if it was an issue but I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask the person who took your pre-employment email. I’m also curious about the other pre-hire booklet. I did fill it out and save it as a copy just in case. 

I think it I think it differs from the 21 page one. Not sure if there is something else we bring at a later date to the medical 

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

Was told they have a goal of 400 track workers, they hired about 250ish so far so you guys will definitely be getting called.

I love that news for us. I'm ready to transition from my current job.

Eagerly waiting in the low 1000s

Edited by bimmer4me

4 hours ago, bimmer4me said:

Alright that’s awesome. What does re certify mean btw?

I’m in the 50’s. Looks like there’s a lot of people between 1000-1200 that didn’t respond to their emails from what I’m seeing. Basically the agency lets DCAS know who isn’t responding so they take people off the recertification and DCAS lets the agency know who was restored so list number 16 got first dibs and it works it’s way up. I’m 130x and there are only 50 people ahead of me for appointment. That’s not a lot of people surprisingly