Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dman1455 said:

If you're looking at the Linden Shop spots it's part of fleet operations. You need at a minimum to get in a Class B license with a Class A permit with the following endorsements, A. Hazmat/Tank B. Tow Truck

If you're looking at Capital/Maintenance you just need a B permit to get in and all they do is drive the tool trucks to the job sites.

Thx for the response.

Man looking over this application I had to print out. They are thorough!!! Unemployment and all. Can anyone tell me if I need to get alcohol/drug test before I go there next week? In the email says I do but it looks like I only have a paper saying drug screening notification. Can anyone lmk please. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Marv said:

Man looking over this application I had to print out. They are thorough!!! Unemployment and all. Can anyone tell me if I need to get alcohol/drug test before I go there next week? In the email says I do but it looks like I only have a paper saying drug screening notification. Can anyone lmk please. Thanks

They will do that when u go there. The lab is at Livingston. Bring your paperwork and all your important documents. Don’t miss any document they will send you home. Also, be prepared to be there all day. Soemtimes it can be quick but sometimes it’s not. 

9 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

They will do that when u go there. The lab is at Livingston. Bring your paperwork and all your important documents. Don’t miss any document they will send you home. Also, be prepared to be there all day. Soemtimes it can be quick but sometimes it’s not. 

How long does it take after you go through that to find out if your hired or not?

1 minute ago, kinks007 said:

It took me 3 weeks. U find if you are hired after the medical if u pass through everything 

So they pretty much go through everything that one day? Medical and all? Btw thanks for taking time out to reply. Appreciate that. 

15 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Unfortunately no, drug test takes 72 hours to get the results anyway.

Now with this application they want jobs and unemployment from when you got out of high school. Are they for real? Or can I just go back like 10yrs or so? That’s a little extensive lol.

10 hours ago, Marv said:

Damn that’s crazy

That is actually standard. I have a true story to share:

Back on July 3rd, 2018, I got into an "accident" at my job, in which, according to my former employer, I had to go for a drug (urine) test in which I was prohibited from performing any safety sensitive duties until my former employer received a negative result. However, because of Independence Day, and the 72 hours to get the results, which only takes place on business days, I was out of work for close to a week. Nice, right?

2 minutes ago, Marv said:

Now with this application they want jobs and unemployment from when you got out of high school. Are they for real? Or can I just go back like 10yrs or so? That’s a little extensive lol.

They are real. Just do the best you can with the months and the years - nothing is 100% perfect. If necessary, you can obtain a job history printout from your local Social Security Office to help you with this.

49 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

That is actually standard. I have a true story to share:

Back on July 3rd, 2018, I got into an "accident" at my job, in which, according to my former employer, I had to go for a drug (urine) test in which I was prohibited from performing any safety sensitive duties until my former employer received a negative result. However, because of Independence Day, and the 72 hours to get the results, which only takes place on business days, I was out of work for close to a week. Nice, right?

They are real. Just do the best you can with the months and the years - nothing is 100% perfect. If necessary, you can obtain a job history printout from your local Social Security Office to help you with this.

Ok thanks for the help. Now I don’t have felonies but have misdemeanors, am I gonna have to go to the courts and get dispositions about my criminal history too? This sounds like more of a headache. I’ve been on an interview with the LIRR and they don’t ask for this much. Sheesh 

• 2 weeks later...