Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

Hi everyone i am new on this website so i apologize in advance if my question was already asked on this thread or the 3600 thread. After i took the 8600 test i completely forgot about this exam since it was never mentioned again and I’ve taken multiple exams after that and received list numbers. But this week i received my list number and I’m very excited and anxious for them to start the process (my number is below 100). But my question is what are some reasons to get disqualified for this position. For example im clean but things like educational history, employment history, tickets etc., 

congratulations & good luck to everyone.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 9thGenAccord said:

But my question is what are some reasons to get disqualified for this position. For example im clean but things like educational history, employment history, tickets etc., 

congratulations & good luck to everyone.

Even though no license is needed they will pause your hiring process if you have unpaid tickets on your license. I’ve seen people when I was hiring told to take care of it and come back, sometime they were able to run down the block pay em off and come back an hour later to continue, but just have em taken care of first.

they want to know your employment for the last 10 years, you have to submit a resume when they first send you a hiring packet than bring one in the day of your hiring to see if they match, I had gaps in mine due to unemployment and off the books jobs and it didn’t matter.

they do background checks and you must bring in paperwork for your depositions/arrests. There are people with arrest records here, as long as your honest and don’t try to hide your arrests/record or lie to them you’re pretty much okay to go.

7 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

they want to know your employment for the last 10 years, you have to submit a resume when they first send you a hiring packet than bring one in the day of your hiring to see if they match

Okay so for my situation I'm only 22 and have been attending college full-time straight out of high school and I've never had a job. What happens if I have a blank resume? That's really my only concern, never had an arrest or a ticket.

8 hours ago, Movefromm3 said:

Okay so for my situation I'm only 22 and have been attending college full-time straight out of high school and I've never had a job. What happens if I have a blank resume? That's really my only concern, never had an arrest or a ticket.

As long as the NOE stated no work experience was required you should be fine. I started at 21 as a conductor with no prior work experience.

10 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Even though no license is needed they will pause your hiring process if you have unpaid tickets on your license. I’ve seen people when I was hiring told to take care of it and come back, sometime they were able to run down the block pay em off and come back an hour later to continue, but just have em taken care of first.

they want to know your employment for the last 10 years, you have to submit a resume when they first send you a hiring packet than bring one in the day of your hiring to see if they match, I had gaps in mine due to unemployment and off the books jobs and it didn’t matter.

they do background checks and you must bring in paperwork for your depositions/arrests. There are people with arrest records here, as long as your honest and don’t try to hide your arrests/record or lie to them you’re pretty much okay to go.

Yea my issue is the gaps i have when I’ve been unemployed but other than that i should be ok. Thank you for the response.

22 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Well, it looks like it was a good 4 1/2 years for them to reach the same number I got for the last list, so it's going to be another two year wait. That's so dreadful to think about... lol 

We don't know how long it will take to reach any number at this point. I'm in the 2xx range and we're 30 days into the list and nothing yet. It could be faster this time around or it could be slower, just gotta wait and hope for the best.

So I have 5 DWI’s will they be ok with that if I’m honest with them? I’m not gonna lie regardless but it’s not a good thing or something they wanna see. Lol... So should I even bother going to an interview if I’m called in the next 2 yrs? List# 24**

On 2/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, Movefromm3 said:

Same thing just want to know where you been past 10 years, of it was all in school that’s fine. There really is no prerequisites for this title.

3 hours ago, Marv said:

So I have 5 DWI’s will they be ok with that if I’m honest with them? I’m not gonna lie regardless but it’s not a good thing or something they wanna see. Lol... So should I even bother going to an interview if I’m called in the next 2 yrs? List# 24**

I don’t think it will be a problem, it may only cause you to be locked out of truck driver position. Btw not to get your hopes up but it took longer than two years to reach the 2000s for the last test. 

also the lowest score to be hired from that test was 92.

7 hours ago, Marv said:

You shouldn’t even have a license by the 2nd time. smh 

6 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Same thing just want to know where you been past 10 years, of it was all in school that’s fine. There really is no prerequisites for this title.

I don’t think it will be a problem, it may only cause you to be locked out of truck driver position. Btw not to get your hopes up but it took longer than two years to reach the 2000s for the last test. 

also the lowest score to be hired from that test was 92.

I’m not worried about time I’ll wait whatever time it takes. Just wanna get in there. Appreciate the feedback though.

16 hours ago, dman1455 said:

We don't know how long it will take to reach any number at this point. I'm in the 2xx range and we're 30 days into the list and nothing yet. It could be faster this time around or it could be slower, just gotta wait and hope for the best.

You gonna go surface first or you gonna wait out for track?

4 hours ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

You shouldn’t even have a license by the 2nd time. smh 

Not asking for your opinion on if I should have a license or not Elfamoso. So don’t worry about me dog. You can keep your comments to yourself. 

33 minutes ago, Zoey said:

You gonna go surface first or you gonna wait out for track?

Debating it to be honest, I currently work for the city and don't wanna give up my NYCERS for whatever MaBSTOA has. Although I do have 1 year to leave and come back and all I have to do is buy back the time.

1 hour ago, Marv said:

Not asking for your opinion on if I should have a license or not Elfamoso. So don’t worry about me dog. You can keep your comments to yourself. 

Oh well! We need stricter laws to keep people like you off the streets and from behind the wheels 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Marv said:

Listen bro I ain’t computer thug alright. Paid my debt to society. Changed my life so relax yourself fam. 

4 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

Oh well! We need stricter laws to keep people like you off the streets and from behind the wheels 🤷🏽‍♂️

Relax yourself. Paid my debt to society and I changed my life. Don’t need your negativity.

2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Debating it to be honest, I currently work for the city and don't wanna give up my NYCERS for whatever MaBSTOA has. Although I do have 1 year to leave and come back and all I have to do is buy back the time.

I hear MaBSTOA has a great pension system. Just be careful with that 7-10 day training. Failing that could become an issue with Track. I would definitely wait it out. Just my opinion brother.. plus we got PDM and T/O, so many opportunities. @dman1455

11 hours ago, Marv said:

9 hours ago, Marv said:

Listen bro I ain’t computer thug alright. Paid my debt to society. Changed my life so relax yourself fam. 

9 hours ago, Marv said:

Relax yourself. Paid my debt to society and I changed my life. Don’t need your negativity.

Please STOP with these comments. It is unacceptable and if it continues, action will be taken.

In addition, you are aware that we have guidelines in place which we encourage everyone to follow, right? Now if you have a problem with this, just let me or one of the other moderators know.

Thank you!!

1 minute ago, +Young+ said:

Please STOP with these comments. It is unacceptable and if it continues, action will be taken.

In addition, you are aware that we have guidelines in place which we encourage everyone to follow, right? Now if you have a problem with this, just let me or one of the other moderators know.

Thank you!!

I didn’t do nothing. I was just asking a question about my situation. This guy came with some dumb stuff. Im good. I wanna be a part of this so I can know what’s happening. Idk how to follow. This is my first time in a forum. So just lmk what I have to do. I’m cool with it

2 minutes ago, Marv said:

I didn’t do nothing. I was just asking a question about my situation. This guy came with some dumb stuff. Im good. I wanna be a part of this so I can know what’s happening. Idk how to follow. This is my first time in a forum. So just lmk what I have to do. I’m cool with it

I do understand where he is coming from with the 5 DWI's that you have...just refrain from saying the things that I put in bold and highlighted, and we'll be good.

Just now, +Young+ said:

I do understand where he is coming from with the 5 DWI's that you have...just refrain from saying the things that I put in bold and highlighted, and we'll be good.

I’m not here to judge anyone. So I don’t wanna be judged. I changed my life and that’s it. It’s nobody’s problem what I did in the past. Obviously we are all on here to better our lives. And I just wanna know what’s going on. I’m not the type to bother anybody. So I’m over it and I’m just here to stay in the know and inform and be informed. 

i cant lie, having 5 dwi's is crazy. lol.     

still, im personally happy to hear you changed your life. we all have pasts that we want to correct so our future is better. i wish you the best of luck bro. im new to this forum as well. list number "2xx" so ive been following the thread for valuable info. 

my .2