Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

7 hours ago, robbiesteves said:

I received a phone call stating to check my email. I have not received an email and there is nothing in spam. Is there a contact number that anyone has? I would like to get this sorted as soon as possible 

If you don't mind , what list number are you ?Not exact,, I'm in 700s.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, +Young+ said:

First, as far as the paperwork is concerned, between the work and/or job history, driving record, etc., they asked you to fill out this packet and e-mail it back to them, right? I just want to try to be clear as far as what the next group of people should be expecting when the time comes.

Second, I know you're "hype" and everything to that nature, however have you read the guidelines of the website, especially when it comes to "Fonts and Grammar" under the "Forum Etiquette" section? Going forward, if you can keep this in mind, it would be appreciated.

Finally, if you can keep us posted with your progress, it would be truly appreciated.

Thanks!

I contacted Human resources this morning to see if they could put me in contact with someone. I received a call about the pre employment paperwork but I have not received an email. Paper work is due the 5th of this month and time is running short. I was told by HR to email Examsunit@nyct.com but I'm afraid that they may overlook my email with everything they get in. Is there anything I can do to get started or could you point me in the right direction of who I can speak to?

39 minutes ago, robbiesteves said:

I contacted Human resources this morning to see if they could put me in contact with someone. I received a call about the pre employment paperwork but I have not received an email. Paper work is due the 5th of this month and time is running short. I was told by HR to email Examsunit@nyct.com but I'm afraid that they may overlook my email with everything they get in. Is there anything I can do to get started or could you point me in the right direction of who I can speak to?

It’s in your junk mail folder. 

52 minutes ago, Brooklynboy1992 said:

Does the motor vehicle license information involving points and date of violatings have to be filled out? Or is that only for the bus operator people filling it out ?

also for the 49 CFR drug and alcohol testing for dot. Does that apply for us too? Or do we leave it empty? 

Yes, you have to fill out the license portion of the pre-employment section. They also request a copy of your drivers license on top of that.

If you worked for a DOT monitored employee that requires annual urine samples then you should fill out that portion, if you haven't then you don't need to touch it.

17 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Yes, you have to fill out the license portion of the pre-employment section. They also request a copy of your drivers license on top of that.

If you worked for a DOT monitored employee that requires annual urine samples then you should fill out that portion, if you haven't then you don't need to touch it.

Offhand, if you're unsure as far as what to fill out as far as the license portion is concerned, have you folks considered running off your standard abstract which you can do online?  When you send HR the copy of your drivers license, this is what they are going to run on their end, in which the information is exactly the same, respectively.

In addition, as a reminder with "drug and alcohol" testing forms, they want to know about any drug (urine) tests within the past two years. As of this typing, if you took your last drug (urine) test in February of 2019, then just leave the forms blank.

Good luck!!

MTA Post

Good morning everyone let me start by congratulating those who where contacted to proceed with the process. As we all know not everyone gets hired so making it this far is a blessing. The point of this post is to inform those who don’t know the different ways you can get put on hold or disqualified. Keep in mind this is solely based on the 3600 track worker thread so a lot may have changed through the years and also because of covid-19.

Ok so based on the 3600 thread the most important thing to make sure is right before anything is your health. First By what ive read they check your blood pressure so make sure it’s normal (if it’s not there are ways to bring it down and get it under control) this is one way they can place you on hold and potentially miss the first class. Second is sugar levels the sample they take is used for many tests so if they ditect any sugar in your urine you will be placed on hold as well. Third is Drug tests if I’m not mistaken this is the first test they give in order to see if they can move on with you or disqualify you from the beginning this saves them money and time so make sure you are clean and off EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING! This is a safety first job so they want people that are not impaired in any way because this is a dangerous job not only for you but also those around you. Fourth is physical activity for this portion you don’t have to be an Olympian to get this job just make sure you are in enough shape for any physical test they may give so you can pass with no issues.

Other things to look out for is your license if you have a license make sure it’s clean i know you dont need a license for this job but if you have one they will run it so just make sure you are ok, Also pay off all outstanding tickets this may delay the process for you. 

Many of you may already know most if not all of these things but hopefully it helps someone that may not know. 

Also, if anyone can add or correct anything i said or anything they might know that i didn’t include please feel free to do so. Thank you guys and good luck.

Is there anyway to track what number has been contacted.  I'm just trying to track what list number has been contacted and judge how long till I possibly get called.  I Ned something to base off cause I have to relocate and don't want to jump the gun or be too late. Any info helps , thanks and congrats to all.

21 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Is there anyway to track what number has been contacted.  I'm just trying to track what list number has been contacted and judge how long till I possibly get called.  I Ned something to base off cause I have to relocate and don't want to jump the gun or be too late. Any info helps , thanks and congrats to all.

The first 500 numbers have been sent pre-employment emails.

48 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

First By what ive read they check your blood pressure so make sure it’s normal (if it’s not there are ways to bring it down and get it under control) this is one way they can place you on hold and potentially miss the first class. Second is sugar levels the sample they take is used for many tests so if they ditect any sugar in your urine you will be placed on hold as well...

As far as the blood pressure, just be aware that they check both arms and anything from 110/70 to 130/90 is acceptable. Anything lower or higher than that - **medical hold**!! In addition, the day or two before I donate blood, I usually sprinkle some cinnamon on my food and it does "wonders" for me when my blood pressure is taken shortly before the needle is placed into my arm.

Second, as far as the sugar level, if you happen to have just consumed something which is high in sugar, such as a, pastry, muffin, or several cups of Hot Chocolate - this will trigger it. As a result, one of the things the personnel from MAC (Medical Assessment Center) will ask for are the results of your last three blood tests from your Primary Care Physician (PCP), regardless of the time span. As a result, if you have been taking care of yourself from an "overall" perspective and your PCP has not said anything about your sugar level being high - you should be fine. If not, **medical hold**!!

Just note that you will only be placed on **medical hold** if you do not have proper documentation for a medical condition. As an example, if you are diabetic, and your numbers are "good," which they will go over, you should be fine. In addition, with the fact that I have muscle spasm in my legs, as long as I have a note from my neurologist, which includes treatment, which for me is intermittent stretching, then you should be fine.

In addition, if and when you folks get the time, have you checked out this thread for a more detailed description of what the physical and/or medical will contain? If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Just keep in mind that, as per the guidelines, we ask that you do this in the relevant thread/topic, such as this one.

33 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Besides checking this thread/topic, you can also call DCAS, which is sometimes less reliable than this website. Dial 212-669-1357, select option #2, enter your 9-digit social security number, and follow the prompts.

Good luck to all!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

17 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

The first 500 numbers have been sent pre-employment emails.

Oh wow... thank you for the information. I'm in the 7**s. It's moving. Thanks again. How do you check the number they up to? Also, I know no way of predicting , but how long would you guess the next wave gets called.??

6 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Oh wow... thank you for the information. I'm in the 7**s. It's moving. Thanks again. How do you check the number they up to? Also, I know no way of predicting , but how long would you guess the next wave gets called.??

Depends on how the first 500 do on pre-employment, drug test, medical. Depends on how big the classes are and how many classes they plan on putting in. Tomorrow is the deadline for the first 500 to send in their pre-employment packets so we'll see what the other people post. I'm in the 29x area so not too far from the middle.

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

Depends on how the first 500 do on pre-employment, drug test, medical. Depends on how big the classes are and how many classes they plan on putting in. Tomorrow is the deadline for the first 500 to send in their pre-employment packets so we'll see what the other people post. I'm in the 29x area so not too far from the middle.

If you were to take a guess how many individuals do you think they plan on hiring this year? Just based off of what they actually need down there?
My list number is decent and I’m ready to ditch my current employer so I’m a bit anxious lol. 

7 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

If you were to take a guess how many individuals do you think they plan on hiring this year? Just based off of what they actually need down there?
My list number is decent and I’m ready to ditch my current employer so I’m a bit anxious lol. 

Talked to a track worker from transit said they are short about 150-200 workers maybe even more?

59 minutes ago, hh1a said:

Hi

today is the deadline to submit the pre employment, I would like to know what time today is the deadline?

The deadline is the close of business (5:00 PM). However, if you have not submitted your paperwork, I would do so As Soon As Possible (ASAP).

Good luck!!