Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

On 3/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I thought no license was needed for track worker. 

No license is needed but you for some reason they are picky about the fines and points, I guess because you can pick a drivers spot. 

When I got hired I remember guys were were allowed to leave and run down the block to pay off their fines and such and come back to finish the hiring process. Pay off your parking tickets now.

Edited by Queensqueens111

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2021 at 9:07 PM, Thinklikeamango said:

Talked to a track worker from transit said they are short about 150-200 workers maybe even more?

I believe due to the length of track in the system we need 1900 employees, last seniority draft had us at 1787 but there have been retires since than. I’d assume they are looking for about 100 employees, with covid precautions I don’t expect big classes like last time maybe 20 new hires at a time.

On 3/3/2021 at 4:17 PM, Vlissengen said:

I think what he meant is whether having a valid license is required for being a track worker. I have a permit and I’m worried whether that will effect my eligibility 

I got hired with just a permit too, don’t worry about it.

Also congrats to whoever gets called. I remember things took about a month to get hired. 

From what I remember they called me and told me to come in for a drug test with 2 days notice, so start getting clean now.

After the drug test was done I got an email about two weeks later telling me come back in with my papers. 

I started work 14 days after that appointment.

7 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Also congrats to whoever gets called. I remember things took about a month to get hired. 

From what I remember they called me and told me to come in for a drug test with 2 days notice, so start getting clean now.

After the drug test was done I got an email about two weeks later telling me come back in with my papers. 

I started work 14 days after that appointment.

Bit off topic, are y'all picking at least? Cause every other MOW department is picking from what I've heard.

16 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Bit off topic, are y'all picking at least? Cause every other MOW department is picking from what I've heard.

Spoke to one of the union reps 2 weeks ago and he said no pick in sight for us still.

here’s part of the email I got to finish my hiring process. The first two things need to be original or they could send you home that day. Suggest start looking for them sooner rather than later.

SxMLc7H.jpg

14 hours ago, tobi1kenobi said:

Still a little confused about what’s going on. Are you guys saying pre employment emails are going out and yet hiring has not started?

The deadline for the first 500 people to send in the pre employment paper work was last week Friday. I’m gonna assume they need time to review the information before they start the hiring process.

10 hours ago, hh1a said:

Hi, today was the certification request expiration date, was anyone called for a drug test ?

I don’t think anyone was notified for a drug test yet. Pretty sure they are still going over paper work. I’ve been emailed twice about an error in mine. So they are going over them still it seems.

11 hours ago, hh1a said:

Hi, today was the certification request expiration date, was anyone called for a drug test ?

Can anyone explain what the certification request is? I never received the email for pre employment? Does this always change? Thx

34 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Can anyone explain what the certification request is? I never received the email for pre employment? Does this always change? Thx

Which column are you specifically referring to? Let me know...

On 3/1/2021 at 2:33 PM, Rj617 said:

If you don't mind , what list number are you ?Not exact,, I'm in 700s.

3 hours ago, Rj617 said:

They only sent pre employment to the first 500 people. They haven’t gotten to your number yet, so you didn’t miss anything.

3 hours ago, Blicky said:

They only sent pre employment to the first 500 people. They haven’t gotten to your number yet, so you didn’t miss anything.

Ok. Thanks for response.  Every piece of information is greatly appreciated 

22 hours ago, Rj617 said:

It's the 13th column starting left on the civil service list on NYC open data. I was curious what that means.

A city agency, in this case NYC Transit, has a limited amount of time to hire people off of a "Civil Service" list. This limited amount of time normally starts with the certification date and ends with the certification expiration date.

You have to keep in mind that this varies from agency to agency, from position to position because some positions, like this one, are "Safety sensitive" in which the company has to administer and have on file a negative drug (urine) test for you to get hired. For other positions, they hire off of an interview and your resume. Therefore, while you might be initially contacted during this time, after the certification expiration date, they can invite you down for the drug (urine) test, followed by the physical, followed by final processing.