Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

Track Worker Exam # 8600

+Young+

While we are waiting to get called, this downloadable PDF file might be of interest, especially to those who have a low list number. In addition, for those of you who are seeking more information, I would encourage you to read the Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process thread. This thread contains a lot of useful information.

Good luck and stay safe out there!!

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know the current hourly rate for a Track worker? Also, does anybody know the percentage of raise they are going to get in May?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up folks theres going to be a mass hiring in june im hearing about 5 to 6 classes of about 50 people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

Just a heads up folks theres going to be a mass hiring in june im hearing about 5 to 6 classes of about 50 people 

50 people total?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

50 people total?

50 people a class but not to sure now that its covid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys i just got a email stating they won’t continue the hiring process with me because of pending tickets? I have 2 upcoming court dates for traffic moving violations one red light and electrical device. Any suggestions? I’m kinda devastated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Omi said:

Hey guys i just got a email stating they won’t continue the hiring process with me because of pending tickets? I have 2 upcoming court dates for traffic moving violations one red light and electrical device. Any suggestions? I’m kinda devastated 

You gotta take care of the tickets, are you able to plead and pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Omi said:

Hey guys i just got a email stating they won’t continue the hiring process with me because of pending tickets? I have 2 upcoming court dates for traffic moving violations one red light and electrical device. Any suggestions? I’m kinda devastated 

As @dman1455 said in his post, you have to pay those tickets to move forward.

In addition, have you considered running off your standard abstract? When you gave the MTA your license information, one of the things they did was they ran your Standard Abstract to see if you have anything outstanding, including pending tickets. Therefore, if I was you, I would run this off yourself to see what it contains. Once you paid your tickets, it should reflect on the abstract, in which you should be able to move forward.

Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey guys..... couple of questions....what are the hours looking like for this position? and what location would you be appointed to after hiring?

Edited by FLeXxX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FLeXxX said:

Hey guys..... couple of questions....what are the hours looking like for this position? and what location would you be appointed to after hiring?

Most likely you guys will be going nights 11p -7a or 10p to 6a but if you slip into a day position its 8a-4p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris127 said:

Most likely you guys will be going nights 11p -7a or 10p to 6a but if you slip into a day position its 8a-4p

Locations depends on what’s available anywhere from the bronx to brooklyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming the 5-6 classes is made up of the first 500 on the list, will there possibly be another recruitment phase this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

I'm assuming the 5-6 classes is made up of the first 500 on the list, will there possibly be another recruitment phase this year?

Not to sure yet but i kno for a fact they are trying to hire 100 for the time being and they are going to be located in yards until the mass pick, also im assuming that there will be a class of at least 25 due to covid 

Edited by Chris127

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should i be worried because I’ve been reading this forum and I’m noticing that some people are getting emailed back to make corrections on their paperwork and some unfortunately to inform them they will no longer be considered. I submitted my paperwork on time but have yet to receive anything back not even a confirmation that they received my documents. I just don’t want to get left out due to missing or incorrect documents. If any body has any info please inform me thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

Should i be worried because I’ve been reading this forum and I’m noticing that some people are getting emailed back to make corrections on their paperwork and some unfortunately to inform them they will no longer be considered. I submitted my paperwork on time but have yet to receive anything back not even a confirmation that they received my documents. I just don’t want to get left out due to missing or incorrect documents. If any body has any info please inform me thank you.

Nah you're good. If you didn't get a response that means they got it and you're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update i pleaded guilty took the fine and points now waiting for the receipt to forward to mta to continue hiring process🤞🏾 Thanks for the information because the lady at mta said she couldn’t advise me to plead guilty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Nah you're good. If you didn't get a response that means they got it and you're good.

Thank you.

 

 Also i have a pending ticket with a court date for an improper left turn but i have footage from dash cam showing it wasn’t illegal. I don’t mind pleading guilty if it helps make the hiring process faster, but this ticket is associated with 2 points and i already have 6 i think anymore and I’m in trouble. Not sure what to do.

 

Side note: i also have my defensive driving course which removes 4 points from my license but when i sign in to my dmv it still shows all 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

Thank you.

 

 Also i have a pending ticket with a court date for an improper left turn but i have footage from dash cam showing it wasn’t illegal. I don’t mind pleading guilty if it helps make the hiring process faster, but this ticket is associated with 2 points and i already have 6 i think anymore and I’m in trouble. Not sure what to do.

 

Side note: i also have my defensive driving course which removes 4 points from my license but when i sign in to my dmv it still shows all 6.

Hope it all works out for you, but as far as the defensive driving course If I remember correctly its only for insurance purposes not sure with MTA though. Also If the 6 points are 3 or more years you should be good, if not you might want to consider letting the points mature a bit. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

Hope it all works out for you, but as far as the defensive driving course If I remember correctly its only for insurance purposes not sure with MTA though. Also If the 6 points are 3 or more years you should be good, if not you might want to consider letting the points mature a bit. Good luck!

Just wanna note that this crazy that they you guys going thru petty tickets and shit to get hired they needed so many trackworkers last test they was putting ppl in programs wit dwi’s before they started working for transit and tickets they was telling u to go handle before processing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything as far as drug test or anything past the pre employment paperwork? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2021 at 12:08 AM, Flergy said:

Does anyone know the current hourly rate for a Track worker? Also, does anybody know the percentage of raise they are going to get in May?

2.50% in May. Starting pay last contract was $23.1716. Since than we’ve gotten a 2% and a 2.25% raise. Not to sure what it will be come May

When you do get hired it will be 3 weeks of training at the school in Brooklyn, 2125 W 13th st.

You’ll pick temp job position in test list seniority order. They will be system wide positions, but assuming there might be heavy on the day time spots due to all the retirements.

You’ll than do 3 weeks training in the one of the yards mostly digging out and replacing ties. You’ll pick which yard you go to via seniority order too. Don’t be surprised if you get stuck traveling to a yard no where near you lol.

Edited by Queensqueens111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My boy with a list number in the early 100s got an email to come down to 180 on Friday to continue the hiring process and drug testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

My boy with a list number in the early 100s got an email to come down to 180 on Friday to continue the hiring process and drug testing.

Classes should he rolling out in the next few days to get guys out in the field by june

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed in the email it doesn’t state how we have to dress when we go in for the drug test. Have they been more relaxed with how you dress when you go down there? When I went for pre employment 2 years ago for train operator i dressed up but there were a large number of people in sweats and sneakers, even though the canvas specifically said no sweats or sneakers lol. This time around it doesn’t specify what not to wear. Has anyone been down there recently for other titles? Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

I noticed in the email it doesn’t state how we have to dress when we go in for the drug test. Have they been more relaxed with how you dress when you go down there? When I went for pre employment 2 years ago for train operator i dressed up but there were a large number of people in sweats and sneakers, even though the canvas specifically said no sweats or sneakers lol. This time around it doesn’t specify what not to wear. Has anyone been down there recently for other titles? Thanks 

When you click the link on number 8 it tells you business casual along with what documents to bring every time I have went down it has been pretty relaxed I wouldn’t show up looking like you rolled out of Bed but I wouldn’t be in a tux lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 10:33 PM, Queensqueens111 said:

I believe due to the length of track in the system we need 1900 employees, last seniority draft had us at 1787 but there have been retires since than. I’d assume they are looking for about 100 employees, with covid precautions I don’t expect big classes like last time maybe 20 new hires at a time.

 

I got hired with just a permit too, don’t worry about it.

Thank you for clarifying! I got an email telling me about the prescreening next Monday; do you know how long it goes for? I usually work a closing shift that day at my current job and I’d like to know if I have to take the day off to do the screening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.