Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

34 minutes ago, Vlissengen said:

Thank you for clarifying! I got an email telling me about the prescreening next Monday; do you know how long it goes for? I usually work a closing shift that day at my current job and I’d like to know if I have to take the day off to do the screening. 

If you don't mind me asking what your list number range is in. And now due to limited capacity issues you should be in an out within 3 - 4 hours MAX. 

Edited by dman1455

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

If you don't mind me asking what your list number range is in. And now due to limited capacity issues you should be in an out within 3 - 4 hours MAX. 

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

I’m in the mid 100s. 

12 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

Assuming everything goes well at this appointment will we know if we have the job the same day or if theres still another step before we know anything?

After this step you have to wait for them to call you in for medical 

So basically it’s 3 more steps then the drug test medical and final processing.. they give you a start date during final processing so if you get called in for that your good to go.. hope it don’t take to long after the drug test 

They sent out emails for the drug test and to show your paper work  as far as I know so far only Friday(tomorrow)  and Monday  if you pass the drug test they will call you in for a medical if you pass that they will call you in for final processing where they give you a start date and take your picture for your id. 

1 hour ago, Jaybag said:

They sent out emails for the drug test and to show your paper work  as far as I know so far only Friday(tomorrow)  and Monday  if you pass the drug test they will call you in for a medical if you pass that they will call you in for final processing where they give you a start date and take your picture for your id. 

I was under the impression that this was a two step process. I was reading the last exam forum and in there multiple people were explaining they’re experience and what i mostly read was that the first appointment is a drug test plus some paper work and the second date is to see the doctor this includes physical test, health test etc. if everything goes well the second day then they take your picture and get a start date the same day. I could be wrong remember we are in a global pandemic and things could have changed but i got this info from reading the last forum for exam 3600. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

I was under the impression that this was a two step process. I was reading the last exam forum and in there multiple people were explaining they’re experience and what i mostly read was that the first appointment is a drug test plus some paper work and the second date is to see the doctor this includes physical test, health test etc. if everything goes well the second day then they take your picture and get a start date the same day. I could be wrong remember we are in a global pandemic and things could have changed but i got this info from reading the last forum for exam 3600. Thoughts?

Things are going to move quick with you guys many of you guys should be out in the field at least in ojt by june

After medical pretty much (seeing the mta doctor) , you guys do the medical modules you get your picture taken and sworn in it should be more than 2 days down at Livingston after all your paper work is completed

Edited by Chris127

I went through the process a few times for different titles and it all was the same it was about 3 trips to 180 Livingston the medical you will get cleared that day but they always made you come back for final processing it would make sense to have the medical and final processing in the same day since COVID but you never know Hopefully we can get a better idea of time line 

I had the drug test today I was in and out took 1 hour 10 mins all together. Looked like they start at 8 and have each person scheduled 15 mins apart . Someone looked over your pre employment paper work that you emailed back in March then they ask to see your original ss card and birth certificate or passport. Then fill out a 2 page form then into the drug test . Guy at the front desk said they are looking to hire 50 right now I thought it would be a little more but he said keep an eye out for the medical email that’s next. 

I was there also, I noticed there weren’t a lot of names on the sheet that the guy downstairs had when he asked me my name. And i had to wait for my drug test outside of the lab because it was full and I also noticed nobody else came in for track worker after about 11.

Was today the first preemployment day for trackworker?? 

5 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

I was there also, I noticed there weren’t a lot of names on the sheet that the guy downstairs had when he asked me my name. And i had to wait for my drug test outside of the lab because it was full and I also noticed nobody else came in for track worker after about 11.

Pretty much next should be ekg and all the other medical stuff transit wants done 

I asked the guy at the front if today was the first day he said he’s not sure he works from home 4 days out of the week and only comes in on Friday's but he said this was the first time they are hiring off the list so they deff started from list number 1 first number for track workers on the sign in was in the 70s so I’m not sure if today was the first day or maybe the 2nd or 3rd 

2 hours ago, Jaybag said:

I had the drug test today I was in and out took 1 hour 10 mins all together. Looked like they start at 8 and have each person scheduled 15 mins apart . Someone looked over your pre employment paper work that you emailed back in March then they ask to see your original ss card and birth certificate or passport. Then fill out a 2 page form then into the drug test . Guy at the front desk said they are looking to hire 50 right now I thought it would be a little more but he said keep an eye out for the medical email that’s next. 

1 hour ago, Kidbx175 said:

Thanks for the insight boys, my appointment is for Tuesday morning I’ll share my experience when i go in.

Hopefully we’re apart of the first 50, good luck yall.

This is off topic but I don't know what else to do and I really need some help figuring out what to do, so on my mtajob portal I applied to about 15 jobs some being track workers and so fort, but on most of them it's saying passed pre-screening as for applications status. Is there a number I can called or email because it's 2 to 3 years on some applications and I don't want to miss my opportunity and I always check my emails and didn't receive anything 

Thank you

On 4/9/2021 at 3:40 PM, 9thGenAccord said:

Thanks for the insight boys, my appointment is for Tuesday morning I’ll share my experience when i go in.

Hopefully we’re apart of the first 50, good luck yall.

Hi what is your list number around?

I am in the 400's range so I probably won't make the first two classes.

It looks like they are doing 50 per class.

I submitted my pre employment on the last day March 5 but I have not gotten any response back

Edited by hh1a

16 hours ago, hh1a said:

Hi what is your list number around?

I am in the 400's range so I probably won't make the first two classes.

It looks like they are doing 50 per class.

I submitted my pre employment on the last day March 5 but I have not gotten any response back

My list number is in the 1-50 range so hopefully i can get through everything quick and get in.

Also, remember people get disqualified or held back for many reasons (drug test, health reasons, etc) so don’t rule anything out just be ready for when they call you.

5 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

My list number is in the 1-50 range so hopefully i can get through everything quick and get in.

Also, remember people get disqualified or held back for many reasons (drug test, health reasons, etc) so don’t rule anything out just be ready for when they call you.

Tried looking back to see if you said when your pre employment date was and didn’t find it. 
when did you do your pre employment? 

Hi, I've been following MTA forums for a while now and I want to thank everyone on here for their experience and updates on what's happening.

My List number is 13x and I went down to 180 Livingston on 5th floor for the Drug/Lab test on Monday the 12th.

I went to the counter and the lady asked for my New York State ID,  S.S card and also my HS Diploma which I left at home smh. 

She told me that I can just email the HS Diploma to the person who sent me a email confirmation about the pre-employment canvassing application 

and also gave me something to fill out that was 1 page and then she told me head to lab area and leave urine. The whole process took 1 hour 20 minutes

I will keep you guys updated on what happens next which is the medical. I also heard there will be a class in May 

11 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Mind I ask why it "took [a] little over 3 hours?" At least what you went through wasn't as bad as what this post describes, however that's just me.

Good luck!! 

I went in yesterday and it also took just under 3 hours because there were a lot of employees coming in to get tested and it seemed like they were getting priority over the pre-employmnent people but that wasn’t the case, they are very unorganized and there was one person taking samples for over 40 people waiting and people coming in. The paper work portion of the process was very fast but the second step took over 2 hours of waiting. All in all i didn’t mind the wait sure they could’ve been more organized but I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for so long now that waiting 3 hours is really nothing and of course there were people complaining but that didn’t help the situation.