Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

40 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

I went in yesterday and it also took just under 3 hours because there were a lot of employees coming in to get tested and it seemed like they were getting priority over the pre-employmnent people but that wasn’t the case, they are very unorganized and there was one person taking samples for over 40 people waiting and people coming in. The paper work portion of the process was very fast but the second step took over 2 hours of waiting. All in all i didn’t mind the wait sure they could’ve been more organized but I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for so long now that waiting 3 hours is really nothing and of course there were people complaining but that didn’t help the situation.

Yeaa exactly I didn’t want to pass blame around but they were disorganized they had randoms which I understand get priority but i had 2 people with later appointments get through before me when I was there before them oh well no biggie 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized two things. I went for pre employment  last week and 1) they didn’t give the 21 page booklet and 2) the lady behind the window who toook my two forms of identification never asked for my high school diploma. 

I specifically remember when I went for pre employment for train operator like 2 years  ago they asked for my high school diploma and before I left I was handed the 21 page booklet. Anyone else experience this??

I also went for the TO in April of 2019 and remember the book but possibly this position doesn’t require the book ? She also didn’t ask to see my High school diploma which I had with me I guess we will see what happens no information for a medical yet. Last time I went it was like a week later I had a medical date 

3 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

I just realized two things. I went for pre employment  last week and 1) they didn’t give the 21 page booklet and 2) the lady behind the window who toook my two forms of identification never asked for my high school diploma. 

I specifically remember when I went for pre employment for train operator like 2 years  ago they asked for my high school diploma and before I left I was handed the 21 page booklet. Anyone else experience this??

This position doesn’t require a high school diploma. I had mine when i went down there as well but it was a just incase thing because it’s not required. And hopefully it is a week to get a medical date that would really get things moving fast.

Just got an email conditional offer of employment to come in Thursday April 22 in the email it is the 22 page book and another 18 pages you need to have filled out also to bring money order for finger prints .. also states the class will start may 3rd . 

I got the same email conditional offer the problem is my day for medical is April 28 with the class starting may 3 I would like to get a resignation letter to my employer by the 18th which would give them 2 weeks notice but at the bottom of the Conditional Offer Letter it says did not resign from your current job... any suggestions? 

Well anything can happen with paper work and medical you don’t want to give two week notice and then something go wrong you can always give a verbal notification if you happen to have a good relationship with your employer just make sure you do what’s best for your self and making sure you have employment. 

1 hour ago, Omi said:

I got the same email conditional offer the problem is my day for medical is April 28 with the class starting may 3 I would like to get a resignation letter to my employer by the 18th which would give them 2 weeks notice but at the bottom of the Conditional Offer Letter it says did not resign from your current job... any suggestions? 

Dont leave your current job until you officially start working for TA that means wen u start ojt training 

Whenever you guys go in for medical and swearing in, if someone could find out how big the class is I'm really curious. One of my friends with the list number in the early 100's seems to have made it in also so, I'm just wondering how many people they plan on putting in May 3rd.

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

Whenever you guys go in for medical and swearing in, if someone could find out how big the class is I'm really curious. One of my friends with the list number in the early 100's seems to have made it in also so, I'm just wondering how many people they plan on putting in May 3rd.

Yeah I’ll find out because I am in the same Situation. That’s why I was trying to figure out when the first day of pre employment was for track worker. Someone had asked Kevin and he said that he only works on Friday so he wasn’t sure. It seems like a lot of people 1-100 either didn’t respond to the email or weren’t interested in the position is my guess. 

Kevin said they were hiring 50 for this class the day I went I saw the sign in for track worker list numbers was from 70-130s so they went through about 60 ppl for 1 day .. I also saw ppl get turned away because of points and pending tickets and a lot of people missed the first email because it went to junk mail. 

35 minutes ago, Jaybag said:

Kevin said they were hiring 50 for this class the day I went I saw the sign in for track worker list numbers was from 70-130s so they went through about 60 ppl for 1 day .. I also saw ppl get turned away because of points and pending tickets and a lot of people missed the first email because it went to junk mail. 

Ok that’s good to know, So realistically I won’t be making this first class than. My list number is 12x

1 hour ago, Kidbx175 said:

Yeah I’ll find out because I am in the same Situation. That’s why I was trying to figure out when the first day of pre employment was for track worker. Someone had asked Kevin and he said that he only works on Friday so he wasn’t sure. It seems like a lot of people 1-100 either didn’t respond to the email or weren’t interested in the position is my guess. 

Im hearing that theres going to be at least 20 25 in a class maybe they may even do a class in the gym and a class in the auditorium at the same time 

5 hours ago, Jaybag said:

So you can get disqualified for points? I understand the pending tickets because i had to plead guilty n pay my pending tickets, how much points for them to disqualify you? also thought this job doesn’t require a driver’s license?

54 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

Is there an interview on the day we go in for medical? And if anyone knows can you give me a run down of the whole day. Like what is it that they have us do that day?

Lol only interview is you showing up but they may ask you a few questions on your last employment 

33 minutes ago, Omi said:

So you can get disqualified for points? I understand the pending tickets because i had to plead guilty n pay my pending tickets, how much points for them to disqualify you? also thought this job doesn’t require a driver’s license?

At one point it didnt but as it seem is that you need at least a driver’s license 

1 hour ago, Omi said:

No they can’t disqualify you for points as long as your license is still valid. One person had points and a pending ticket they said just plead and pay but he said the ticket carried points so if he plead guilty he would get the points and that would make his license suspended. So they told him to try to get the ticket dismissed with a lawyer or you have to wait till some of the points come off  because he couldn’t move forward without it being taken care of. 

1 hour ago, hh1a said:

How long is training and ojt until you are a track worker ?

Do you think they would have one class every two months?

Anyone currently working at MOW know if there is a mass retiring of track personnel?

Ojt is about 3 weeks not sure on how many classes a month they will have and yes there is a mass retirement in track track has to have at least 1900 personal 

31 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

Ojt is about 3 weeks not sure on how many classes a month they will have and yes there is a mass retirement in track track has to have at least 1900 personal 

@Chris127, can you please check your inbox, which is located at the top right-hand corner of the webpage? I sent you a Private Message (PM).

Thanks!