Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

44 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

So I'm pretty sure I got a 95 on this exam. I definitely want to go to the protest since a lot of the questions I got wrong I didn't expect to get wrong. Can someone explain how protests usually go?

From what I've been told, you go down there and just write a brief summary as to why your answer is a better choice.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked the proposed answer key and seems as I may have a 82% correct for the TW exam. 

What are my chances?

I knew this one guy took the last TW exam 3600 and he scored in the 70's but been working as a TW for a few years now. 

Just curious.

2 hours ago, MoeMan said:

I checked the proposed answer key and seems as I may have a 82% correct for the TW exam. 

What are my chances?

I knew this one guy took the last TW exam 3600 and he scored in the 70's but been working as a TW for a few years now. 

Just curious.

This time around will be very different, many people took this exam. 

So I went down to the Protest session yesterday afternoon. As a result of taking the exam during the PM session Sunday, April 8th at Midwood HS, I was able to Protest the following questions:

-#22 (A instead of D)

-#54 (A instead of D)

-#59 (B instead of A)

-#71 (C instead of A)

Without going into too many details, I was able to use the exact wording in the question and in the multiple-choice answers to prove my case.

We'll see what happens when the list gets published...

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

So I went down to the Protest session yesterday afternoon. As a result of taking the exam during the PM session Sunday, April 8th at Midwood HS, I was able to Protest the following questions:

-#22 (A instead of D)

-#54 (A instead of D)

-#59 (B instead of A)

-#71 (C instead of A)

Without going into too many details, I was able to use the exact wording in the question and in the multiple-choice answers to prove my case.

We'll see what happens when the list gets published...

So you'll only know if your protest worked once the list gets published?

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Jimmyboy said:

I scored a 87 I got 10 wrong on the track worker exam I know this because I was able to write my answers down on the sheet they let us take home. On my conductor I got 92. I hope I get called back for something 

Please stop bumping threads with irrelevant information, as per the guidelines of the website...thank you...

• 7 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 7:14 PM, Kad96 said:

Does anyone know when we get the list numbers. It’s really been a a year and some what haven’t heard anything back according the proposed key I only got 4 wrong hopefully that’s enough to get in 

With list 3600 being extended till 12/19/2019 we probably will hear something a bit before then, I'd say around early to mid December we should get our official results.

• Harry featured this topic
  • 4 months later...
On 9/3/2019 at 7:32 AM, Bronxster said:

Anyone know what’s happening with the 8600 test that was given April 22, 2018? 

If I had to take an educated guess, with the fact that they also administered a promotional exam the same time our open-competitive exam was given, I personally don't think we're going to get our results by the end of this calendar year. I'm thinking maybe 2021 or 2022, depending on how long the promotional list is, how many vacancies they have available, how many people show up for employment processing, etc.

Edited by +Young+

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Kris1478 said:

I took my exam (8600) on April 20 2018... when should I expect a list number at least?

See below, for my educated guess to this answer.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:17 AM, +Young+ said:

If I had to take an educated guess, with the fact that they also administered a promotional exam the same time our open-competitive exam was given, I personally don't think we're going to get our results by the end of this calendar year. I'm thinking maybe 2021 or 2022, depending on how long the promotional list is, how many vacancies they have available, how many people show up for employment processing, etc.

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, dman1455 said:

Exam 3600 expired as of today with no new list being published yet from 8600 or the promotional 8704. Wondering how long it will take till they publish one.

When was the last class from exam 3600 ? I feel like they haven’t even been calling off that list. I got 79/80 on this new exam and I’m hoping I have a good enough score to get called ASAP. 

49 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

When was the last class from exam 3600 ? I feel like they haven’t even been calling off that list. I got 79/80 on this new exam and I’m hoping I have a good enough score to get called ASAP. 

According to my "official" sources, the last class was back on May 21st, 2018. (Maybe September 2018 according to this post.) This can be verified if you read approximately the last 10 pages of the 3600 thread.

In addition, what's interesting to note is that although the prior Open-Competitive Track Worker Exam, Exam #3600 has been removed from the Civil Service List (Active) webpage of the NYC Open Data website, as of this post, Exam 3600 is not listed on the Civil Service List (Terminated) webpage of the NYC Open Data website.

Therefore, do they plan on extending Exam 3600 yet again? Are they going to move on to the next Promotional List, followed by this list? In my honest opinion, only time will tell.

Edited by +Young+

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

According to my "official" sources, the last class was back on May 21st, 2018. (Maybe September 2018 according to this post.) This can be verified if you read approximately the last 10 pages of the 3600 thread.

In addition, what's interesting to note is that although the prior Open-Competitive Track Worker Exam, Exam #3600 has been removed from the Civil Service List (Active) webpage of the NYC Open Data website, as of this post, Exam 3600 is not listed on the Civil Service List (Terminated) webpage of the NYC Open Data website.

Therefore, do they plan on extending Exam 3600 yet again? Are they going to move on to the next Promotional List, followed by this list? In my honest opinion, only time will tell.

They rarely update the terminated list, last time it was updated was November 1st, also they can't extend 3600 since it expired.