Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

I'll try not to drive myself nuts, but the best thing we can do is check NYC Data, as +Young+ provided. Frequenting certifications for 8600 will definitely help us know when they are going to touch our list and how many Track Worker vacancies the NYC Transit Authority needs to fill. This will give us a great idea of what is going on and when they will be contacting you, before they even make contact with us.

Edited by Zoey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rj617 said:

Any idea of how long they give you to respond/show up for the next step once you have been contacted the first time ? Example: If and when I receive a letter / email indicating my number has been called, how far in advance do they give you to appear in person? I travel out of state frequently and I want to be prepared if I'm out of state when I receive the call, is it a date and time that is within a week , month? If I have to fly back down the next day, I will sacrifice the trip. 

Usually about 2 weeks from when you receive the “thick envelope”

I’ll also  advise you to sign up for “informed delivery” it pretty much allows you to set up an account that has pictures of all your mail everyday sent directly to your email. So when you see something from the MTA you will pretty much know it’s for pre employment. 

Edited by Kidbx175

54 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

Usually about 2 weeks from when you receive the “thick envelope”

I’ll also  advise you to sign up for “informed delivery” it pretty much allows you to set up an account that has pictures of all your mail everyday sent directly to your email. So when you see something from the MTA you will pretty much know it’s for pre employment. 

Thanks for the info,  I will take that advice.

15 hours ago, Rj617 said:

Thanks for the info,  I will take that advice.

Also be prepared in case they want you to show up the same week you get a pre-employment response. I did the process four or five times in the past, and a few times they had me show up days later.

I have a NY state ID with my last address,  I relocated down to Florida and now have a Driver's license in FL. I plan on moving up North if I get called for this position. I was reading the pre-employment application and in the list of items to have, is a Drivers License - Valid NY State. Will I have any issues with this or should I begin transferring my IDs back over to NY state before the process begins ? I would like to know I'm definitely coming back for a legit career and not risking a move for nothing. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rj617 said:

I have a NY state ID with my last address,  I relocated down to Florida and now have a Driver's license in FL. I plan on moving up North if I get called for this position. I was reading the pre-employment application and in the list of items to have, is a Drivers License - Valid NY State. Will I have any issues with this or should I begin transferring my IDs back over to NY state before the process begins ? I would like to know I'm definitely coming back for a legit career and not risking a move for nothing. Thanks.

You don't need a license for this position but, if you have one they will run it to ensure you have no outstanding tickets. That being said I'm not too sure if you need to transfer over state to state, I'd wait till they call you and go ask them.

12 hours ago, Rj617 said:

The process shouldn’t become an issue if you decide to keep your current out of state ID.

Edited by Zoey

5 minutes ago, Kad96 said:

How long till they start calling from this list 8600 scored in the 500s. Hopefully we all get on. 

There really is no way to say when exactly but after combing through the 3600 thread, I was able to find some information and make assumptions. I believe they dont start pulling from this list until 60 days after its active. That would put us in March. Based on the other thread, it took 6 months to get up to 200-300 approx. At that rate, maybe a year, maybe it moves alot faster. No way to predict,  I'm guessing I have a bit over a year wait. Just keep checking this thread and keep posting any new information regarding your process and hope for the best. Congrats 

2 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Got my list number in the mail

Yeah I noticed I have something from the MTA in the mail too, was assuming it was my list number. I think they going to canvas the top people soon. Especially since the last track worker class was in late 2018.

2 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

Yeah I noticed I have something from the MTA in the mail too, was assuming it was my list number. I think they going to canvas the top people soon. Especially since the last track worker class was in late 2018.

You'll be the first to go on outstanding certification. I would say by spring. Lucky you!

21 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

There really is no way to say when exactly but after combing through the 3600 thread, I was able to find some information and make assumptions. I believe they dont start pulling from this list until 60 days after its active. That would put us in March. Based on the other thread, it took 6 months to get up to 200-300 approx. At that rate, maybe a year, maybe it moves alot faster. No way to predict,  I'm guessing I have a bit over a year wait. Just keep checking this thread and keep posting any new information regarding your process and hope for the best. Congrats 

Also, it's all according to how many vacancies there are. If NYCT for an example needs 600 to fill in, then I know I'll definitely be in that batch. That could be soon or, well, two years. If it's 300, you could very well be placed on outstanding too. If it's small numbers, then it'll take us a little more time, but that's okay. We passed the hard part and that was doing well on the test lol

16 minutes ago, MoeMan said:

This guy I know was list number 103*** from exam 3600 and has been a TW for years now. After reading your comments, how is this possible?

It's not possible whatsoever

http://www.twulocal100.org/sites/twulocal100.org/files/trackworker_seniority_list_june_2018_0.pdf

As you can see the highest number on the seniority list is 3459. You can check your buddies name if it's on there and see what his list number is.

Hey guys. I have a question about drug tests. I smoke cannabis pretty regularly, and was planning to stop as soon as soon as the list was published.

My list number is in low double digits. I'm worried now that I won't have enough time to detox before I have to get tested. I don't plan on smoking again. But having smoked a lot this weekend has my stomach doing somersaults. 

I should have about a month or two before they start pulling from this list. Right? And even if I get called and go down to Livingston - do they test right there? I'm kind of freaking out here.

59 minutes ago, jovius said:

Hey guys. I have a question about drug tests. I smoke cannabis pretty regularly, and was planning to stop as soon as soon as the list was published.

My list number is in low double digits. I'm worried now that I won't have enough time to detox before I have to get tested. I don't plan on smoking again. But having smoked a lot this weekend has my stomach doing somersaults. 

I should have about a month or two before they start pulling from this list. Right? And even if I get called and go down to Livingston - do they test right there? I'm kind of freaking out here.

List was established on the 8th, if that was your  last day smoking, you should be good. STOP smoking period, this job is more important.

Also if you think you might still have it in your system when they reach you for pre employment , just defer when they call you and then reinstate your name back on the list.  But seriously man stop smoking lol. 

And yea when you go fro pre employment, they do a drug test after you hand them the paper work you have to fill out. 

Edited by Kidbx175