Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Deucey

Can someone in MD get MTA EZPass?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

My NJ EZPass doesn't get discounts when going over MTA bridges and tunnels, but does on PA bridges and tunnels, and on the Thruway.

can my mom, who now lives in MD, get an MTA EZPass and get the discount rate on the Triboro or the QMT, or is it only for folks who have NY addresses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2017 at 11:00 PM, Deucey said:

My NJ EZPass doesn't get discounts when going over MTA bridges and tunnels, but does on PA bridges and tunnels, and on the Thruway.

can my mom, who now lives in MD, get an MTA EZPass and get the discount rate on the Triboro or the QMT, or is it only for folks who have NY addresses?

Correct, The MTA discounts are only for E-Z Passes obtained via a New York agency , home address is irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it the same if the EZPass is obtained from the NY Thruway Authority instead of (MTA) - discounts on MTA bridges and tunnels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Is it the same if the EZPass is obtained from the NY Thruway Authority instead of (MTA) - discounts on MTA bridges and tunnels?

Yes, because the MTA is a state agency, so E-Z Passes obtained via the  (MTA) , NY Thruway Authority, Port Authority of NY-NJ, etc are eligible for the discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Deucey You could look into Fast Lane. When I lived upstate that's what our site used. Their modules seem to be compatible with EZPass toll booths.

 

If you can't find discounts with EZPass, try them out to see if you can work out something different. Maryland may have a similar yet different program as well.

 

More on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Lane_(E-ZPass)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 12:04 PM, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

@Deucey You could look into Fast Lane. When I lived upstate that's what our site used. Their modules seem to be compatible with EZPass toll booths.

 

If you can't find discounts with EZPass, try them out to see if you can work out something different. Maryland may have a similar yet different program as well.

 

More on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Lane_(E-ZPass)

They're compatible with E-ZPass but https://www.ezdrivema.com  is a MA Agency/Program, no NY discounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.