Fare increase question

metsfan

Would you be in favor?  

1. 1. Would you be in favor?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Only if fare hikes were gone for 5-7 years after.
    • Lower than 2 dollars after.

no no and NO, damn its to much! In the next 25 yrs we will have to pay like $20 for an entry to TA?? maybe you would pay but not me, seeing im a T/A worker way before that lol, wish i could own the TA and make changes =P

$2 is just perfect

Sorry i think it should stay, let the T/A do the dang Ad crap instead, we are not rich people in New York, maybe some, but not me... :P just a say mate

Maybe the T/A COULD raise the SBS to $2.50 seeing that it runs "almost" like an express bus, they can o the same thing to limited too B) and have Local buses for all the skipped stop instead =]

no no and NO, damn its to much! In the next 25 yrs we will have to pay like $20 for an entry to TA?? maybe you would pay but not me, seeing im a T/A worker way before that lol, wish i could own the TA and make changes =P

$2 is just perfect

Sorry i think it should stay, let the T/A do the dang Ad crap instead, we are not rich people in New York, maybe some, but not me... :P just a say mate

Maybe the T/A COULD raise the SBS to $2.50 seeing that it runs "almost" like an express bus, they can o the same thing to limited too B) and have Local buses for all the skipped stop instead =]

I agree also.

If bus went up to $2.50, Westchester County DOT might raise their fare also.

All the local bus fare should remain $2 and remain $5 for express bus.

Also, remain Unlimited MetroCard.

The fare would go back to 2 dollars after a month..............

- A

wat would go back to $(2)? the SBS, well then make it $(3)

and if it is (3) aybe the TA can cut more stops unlike the current Bx12 stops

No because the MTA has money, they just like to always cry broke. Don't believe them on that, you'll be able to tell if they're really broke, we haven't seen it yet....

Not busses, this is in the subway forum. :cool:

- A

Yeah, but you're talking about a fare increase, which in the end, affects the local buses.

No because the MTA has money, they just like to always cry broke. Don't believe them on that, you'll be able to tell if they're really broke, we haven't seen it yet....

Yeah, but you're talking about a fare increase, which in the end, affects the local buses.

(MTA) crying wolf or not might be nice to squeeze the $ out of some tourists who come for xmas and new year's eve stuff to ensure they have no excuses. Use the extra $ to pay for flood preventing subway grates etc.

It may, but i'm talking subway turnstile swipes. ;)

(MTA) crying wolf or not might be nice to squeeze the $ out of some tourists who come for xmas and new year's eve stuff to ensure they have no excuses. Use the extra $ to pay for flood preventing subway grates etc.

It may, but i'm talking subway turnstile swipes. ;)

That wouldn't be so, uh, smart. And plus, they don't need that extra money. they have money from what they collect now and even more in other things they do.....

I don't think the MTA would live up to its promise. They would say, "Sure, we're going to go back to a $2 fare", but then come time for it to expire, there will suddenly be a budget crisis of some sort. And in addition, $2.50 will really add up. Bloody hell, I'll walk if it gets that high.

It was a temporary 30 day increase i was asking bout involving subway only.

- A

Again, highly not smart.

Hell, with that, you'll encourage more people to take buses....

But, what I was trying to tell you earlier, whatever is happening on the subway side, happens on the local bus side.

Again, temporary fare hike? Thats a bull**** plan IMO.....oh, and a joke! ;)

Archived