Paint & Wrap, WHAT IS IT?!?!! Well, here is the solid fact answer!

The Real

There has been a on-going debate about the new "Cuomo" scheme being full wrap, full paint, or a combination thereof. Well I'm going to lay this to rest as I had an in depth conversation with the powers that be who knows about this 1st hand...

YOUR ANSWER?!       IT'S DIFFERENT TO EACH ORDER!!!

So with that being said, I'm going to explain to you each order and how the scheme is applied...

Order 5364-5438 (XD60) - Base Paint: White with Black Paint used around the windows, Full wrap is applied over the white base paint

Order 5987-6125 (XD60) - Base Paint: SBS Light Blue Paint from the bottom to the top window line with Vinyl Yellow and medium blue stripes, White Paint on the rear, Dark Blue Paint above the window line and over the face & Black Paint around the windows. The Cuomo Scheme is this wrapped over all of this. YES the REGULAR SCHEME IS ALL WRAP, UNDERNEATH THE WRAP THE BUS IS IN AN UNCOMPLETED SELECT PAINT SCHEME

Order 673-810 (XN40) - Base Paint: Black Around the windows and Full Blue over the sides, roof and face with a White Back. The Yellow and striping is vinyl wrap. The Select units are full wrap below the window line, on the face and on the lower rear.

Order 1016-1125 (XN60) - Base Paint: SBS Light Blue Paint below and above the window line with Vinyl Yellow and medium blue stripes, White Paint on the rear, Dark Blue Paint  over the face & Black Paint around the windows. The Cuomo Scheme is this wrapped over all of this. YES AGAIN the REGULAR SCHEME IS ALL WRAP, UNDERNEATH THE WRAP THE BUS IS IN AN UNCOMPLETED SELECT PAINT SCHEME

Photos...

Here you can see the base SBS blue paint that is underneath the standard "Cuomo" WRAP...WRAP scheme as described above on the 5987-6125 batch of XD60s....Look at the dark blue closely, it is CLEARLY wrap

_DSC9874.jpg

_DSC9880.jpg

You can also see CLEARLY underneath the standard Cuomo wrap is the SBS Yellow and Medium Blue vinyl stripes that lay on top of the light SBS Blue paint...

_DSC9879.jpg

Here is the 5987-6125 batch rear showing the yellow wrap with the rear select wrap over it...

_DSC9875.jpg

_DSC9876.jpg

Here is the XN60 showing the base white rear section underneath the Cuomo Wrap...

_DSC9872.jpg

_DSC9870.jpg

I will get more photos support the remainder of my explanation of the schemes over the course of the next week or so, but this is what it is and hopefully this lays he long argument to rest.

16 minutes ago, East New York said:

One of the greatest mysteries of the "New MTA" has finally been solved! Lol. Thank you so much for that. 

Now what's under these pending LFSA's? 🤔 I've seen two versions. One with an SBS base, and one with a standard base. 

Based on what Im told they will be treated like the XD60s currently coming in. 5439, not sure if they just wrapped that one or if they paint booth'd it.

• Harry unpinned this topic
  • Harry pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Cait Sith unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...

Archived