1016 Hit The Streets This Morning In Service on the Bx19

The Real

17 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

NYCT ones are better sounding and looking, but the rear door design goes to NICE. Probably because I'm a fan of driver-operated back doors.

For the artics, I wouldn't even say that yet, since 1016 and up will have ZFs. They gotta break in a little bit.

NICE's artics definitely sound a lot better, especially since they aren't modified like all of our Xcelsior artics.

1 minute ago, James Goodwin said:

I wonder why the MTA is switching to ZFs in mass lately? Were they not impressed with the way the new C40LFs (and before that, the Orion VII NG CNGs) were performing with them?

Fuel economy, ZF Ecolifes provides a better fuel economy over the Allison Transmission.

.....and still refuse to spec full rear doors.

Look, I know I bang on about this quite a bit, I not a particularly fat person, I just feel in a city as big and congested as New York full center and rear doors should be the norm. I'll leave it at that.

Nice pics by the way.  :) ;)

12 hours ago, Missabassie said:

.....and still refuse to spec full rear doors.

Look, I know I bang on about this quite a bit, I not a particularly fat person, I just feel in a city as big and congested as New York full center and rear doors should be the norm. I'll leave it at that.

Nice pics by the way.  :) ;)

Or maybe people should lose some damn weight... I'm 6'4" 210 pounds, which is what I should be for my height, and I've never had a problem getting on or off of those buses.  Bigger doors means less seats, and if they did that I'm sure people would be complaining about that too. 

10 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Or maybe people should lose some damn weight... I'm 6'4" 210 pounds, which is what I should be for my height, and I've never had a problem getting on or off of those buses.  Bigger doors means less seats, and if they did that I'm sure people would be complaining about that too. 

They didn't complain when we had our older C40s with wide doors.....narrow doors increase dwells times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1016 looks great in the first photo underneath the 2/5 el with Southern Blvd changing by the day due to new high rise apartment buildings being built between Simpson and 174th Street Stations. Once they go up, it's gonna be rough to see the passing trains from Hoe Ave.

Archived