MNRR & LIRR Planned/Unplanned Service Changes

BM5 via Woodhaven

5 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

There's nothing to think "highly" about windy, snowy, hilly conditions. I've been in all three areas, and I don't find the conditions identical at all.  Each has their "thing" if you will.  For example, I've always found Wakefield to be much colder for some reason. 

I'm sure the folks in Highbridge, Kingsbridge, Univerity Heights, Inwood, Washington Heights, Harlem and Northern Staten Island don't like the windy, snowy and hilly conditions as well. It's a given the conditions aren't all the same ,buildings trees and wind chills are block for block literally. I'm was just speaking to the Elevation and Riverdale not having that much more height than Woodlawn and Wakefieldld and the ability for more snow due to height.  Highly came to mind as I heard the word irrelevant figured you were waving the standard affluence Riverdale badge. If that wasn't the case my mistake.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, RailRunRob said:

I'm sure the folks in Highbridge, Kingsbridge, Univerity Heights, Inwood, Washington Heights, Harlem and Northern Staten Island don't like the windy, snowy and hilly conditions as well. It's a given the conditions aren't all the same ,buildings trees and wind chills are block for block literally. I'm was just speaking to the Elevation and Riverdale not having that much more height than Woodlawn and Wakefieldld and the ability for more snow due to height.  Highly came to mind as I heard the word irrelevant figured you were waving the standard affluence Riverdale badge. If that wasn't the case my mistake.

Not sure where you get affluence from when we're talking about weather... :huh: As usual you read what you want.  Can't do anything about that.  Height isn't the other thing I mentioned. I also talked about the Hudson being a factor.  

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

You should stop while you're at it.  You're already taken a simple comment and blown it out of proportion yet again. 

Hey as a man of science I'm interested in understanding. Other questions that come up.. What about the folks on Long Island Sound side? That's a larger body of water. I'm just asking. So defensive. 

2 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

Hey as a man of science I'm interested in understanding. Other questions that come up.. What about the folks on Long Island Sound side? That's a larger body of water. I'm just asking. So defensive. 

This was a discussion about why Metro-North can't run normal service when there's a storm the way that they used to, and I'd like to get answers to my questions rather than you going off-topic and worrying about if I'm making comments about affluence.  

This was a discussion about why Metro-North can't run normal service when there's a storm the way that they used to, and I'd like to get answers to my questions rather than you going off-topic and worrying about if I'm making comments about affluence.  

Understood and your right... I was interested being that Riverdales conditions could also be replicated at other stations along Hudson line itself. University Heights, Ludow hills galore, Plus the line well... it runs on the Hudson so. 🤷‍♂️Sorry ... back on topic continue with your questions kind, sir.

So back to my question before it was derailed (literally and figuratively)... I'll direct it at Truckie... What has changed in the last few years now that the Hudson Line has to yank roughly 50% of the trains during storms? The Hudson Line used to be one of the best lines out of the three and service during storms has continued to worsen.  Every time I ask this you come back with a smart @ss answer. Listen guy, conditions in Riverdale are not perfect either.  We have plenty of trees just like Westchester does. Those trees have always been there, so what gives? If anything, given the improved technology and equipment available to Metro-North they should be doing even better at providing service, not worse.  

1 hour ago, Joel Up Front said:

This attitude is why he keeps giving you smart-arse answers.  I'm sure he deals with plenty of your type already on a daily basis.

Not my attitude. He's the one that stated that things are perfect in my area, not me. He has a problem with City folks. That's what it boils down to. In his mind I shouldn't be using Metro-North to begin with. I should be on the subway. He's said this before.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

13 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Not my attitude. He's the one that stated that things are perfect in my area, not me. He has a problem with City folks. That's what it boils down to. In his mind I shouldn't be using Metro-North to begin with. I should be on the subway. He's said this before.

You have to be kidding me !? And when did I say this? Show me..  Why would I have an issue with a grown man spending his earned money as he pleases? Wha? City folks? I live in Brooklyn man I don't understand?  You have to remember I was born and raised in Riverdale bud I understand the culture there still have friends and family there so I know the "This isn't the Bronx" chat been going on since Olmsted designed the joint. And to keep it honest the fact that you spoke as if Riverdale had its own climate is what perked my ear up. And quite honestly very often I won't speak for anyone else here. But from my perspective, every conversation with VG8 is about him and Riverdale with empathy nowhere to be found.. My bus, my Amex, our hills. Now I understand your speaking from your POV so hey if it come's up it come's up but just the context is abit extra. I'm from the old school im always skeptical and weary of the man that continuously has to prove himself. This may not be you but this is how im perceiving it.. Again I can't speak for anyone else so maybe it's me. And if something doesn't make sense I'm going ask. I'm not with tepid feedback and just nodding. And maybe that's something that clashes with this type digital format. (Shurgs) I say what I mean and I mean what I say so I'll take that.

Edited by RailRunRob

4 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

You have to be kidding me !? And when did I say this? Show me..  Why would I have an issue with a grown man spending his earned money as he pleases? Wha? City folks? I live in Brooklyn man I don't understand?  You have to remember I was born and raised in Riverdale bud I understand the culture there still have friends and family there so I know the "This isn't the Bronx" chat been going on since Olmsted designed the joint. And to keep it honest the fact that you spoke as if Riverdale had its own climate is what perked my ear up. And quite honestly very often I won't speak for anyone else here. But from my perspective, every conversation with VG8 is about him and Riverdale with empathy nowhere to be found.. My bus, my Amex, our hills. Now I understand your speaking from your POV so hey if it come's up it come's up but just the context is abit extra. I'm from the old school im always skeptical and weary of the man that continuously has to prove himself. This may not be you but this is how im perceiving it.. Again I can't speak for anyone else so maybe it's me. And if something doesn't make sense I'm going ask. I'm not with tepid feedback and just nodding. And maybe that's something that clashes with this type digital format. (Shurgs) I take that.

Dude... No one is talking about you and my response wasn't about you or to you.  You keep inserting yourself into the conversation though... Smh

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

2 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Dude... No one is talking about you and my response wasn't about you.  You keep inserting yourself into the conversation though... Smh

The Hudson Line used to be one of the best lines out of the three and service during storms has continued to worsen.  Every time I ask this you come back with a smart @ss answer. Listen guy, conditions in Riverdale are not perfect either. 

This wasn't for me?

Just now, RailRunRob said:

The Hudson Line used to be one of the best lines out of the three and service during storms has continued to worsen.  Every time I ask this you come back with a smart @ss answer. Listen guy, conditions in Riverdale are not perfect either. 

This wasn't for me?

If you would read and stop reading what you want, it specifically said that the comment was direct at Truckie.  Give it a rest already.

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

If you would read and stop reading what you want, it specifically said that the comment was direct at Truckie.  Give it a rest already.

Well then, 100% Egg on my face..  Well, this isn't exactly Slack /or hangout not as easy to follow for me at least. Sorry about that for a second time.  Okay @Truckie have at it..  I'll just copy and paste my comments for a future thread I'm sure it'll apply somewhere.

Just now, RailRunRob said:

Well then, 100% Egg on my face..  Well, this isn't exactly Slack /or hangout not as easy to follow for me at least. Sorry about that for a second time.  Okay @Truckie have at it..  I'll just copy and paste my comments for a future thread I'm sure it'll apply somewhere.

You're not sorry because you continue to derail the thread with your little snide remarks.  Do it again and I'm reporting you.

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

You're not sorry because you continue to derail the thread with your little snide remarks.  Do it again and I'm reporting you.

Do what you need to I'm sure the Mods can see the thread. Apologies were in order and given. Snide umm don't think id go that far. But if I'm in Violation of TOS or rules i'll take full responsibility from Harry and the team. Only Fair to Fellow members and community.

1 minute ago, RailRunRob said:

Do what you need to I'm sure the Mods can see the thread. Apologies were in order and given. Snide umm don't think id go that far. But if I'm in Violation of TOS or rules i'll take full responsibility from Harry and the team. Only Fair to Fellow members and community.

This thread is about unplanned LIRR and MNRR service changes and my questions have been about Metro-North service changes with regards to Riverdale.  If you can't keep up with what is going on it's best not to say anything.

This thread is about unplanned LIRR and MNRR service changes and my questions have been about Metro-North service changes with regards to Riverdale.  If you can't keep up with what is going on it's best not to say anything.

🤷‍♂️Had egg on my face owned it.. moved on...  just I'm watching "Service changes thread" like everyone else. 🍿

• 1 month later...

Suspended Posted: 05/03/2018  8:50PM

Train service remains suspended on the Oyster Bay Branch due to downed PSEG power wires across the tracks near Glen Street. PSEG estimates it could take several hours to resolve the issue. There is extremely limited bus service being provided but we continue to recommend customers consider using other branches, including the Port Washington and Huntington branches, or alternate means of transportation. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I already see NYC buses, and a NICE bus at Mineola today for shuttle service. The farthest the n27 goes on the North Shore is Glen Cove while the n20H doesnt really serve that whole area north of the LIE as it only stops at the colleges. 

• 2 weeks later...

All Metro-North Service (East of Hudson) is suspended at this time.

Suspended 

Posted: 05/15/2018  5:18PM

Hudson Line service is currently suspended to ensure customer safety during the course of the thunderstorms in our service area and multiple downed trees. Trains en route will remain at stations until further notice. Please listen for announcements at your station.

Suspended 

Posted: 05/15/2018  5:28PM

Harlem Line service is currently suspended to ensure customer safety during the course of the thunderstorms in our service area and multiple downed tree. Trains en route will remain at stations until further notice. Please listen for announcements at your station.

Suspended

Posted: 05/15/2018  5:27PM

New Haven Line service is currently suspended to ensure customer safety during the course of the thunderstorms in our service area and multiple downed tree. Trains en route will remain at stations until further notice. Please listen for announcements at your station.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven