WTF is going on at CP??

QM1to6Ave

On 2/23/2018 at 5:21 AM, traildriver said:

I am reading this thread with interest, since I ride the local Q-64, which Baisley Park took over from College Point several years ago.   When it was first announced, like many other rider's, I was worried about how service might be affected, not to mention,  CP had just received a bunch of new Flyer's, and BP had older Orion's.   

I soon was very pleased with the change....IMHO, the BP operator's seemed much better trained...they were far more reliable on operating on schedule, and their driving seemed more professional in general.   There must have been a different working culture at Jamaica Buses than Queens Surface in the past...

Yep! A lot of CP drivers are ridiculous. They like to speed around and flag people out of nowhere. One time I was standing at the corner of Main and Northern and a Q65 flew by, (mind you it wasn't LIMITED nor packed either), a lady just threw her arms up in disgust. I firmly believe they don't get as much training as NYCT bus op's. NYCT op's are much more professional and will almost always stop at yellow lights but CP op's chance it but most of the time they make it.

CP had a hard time getting their buses out this morning.  They seemed to have abandoned the first four Q34 runs of the day and then started bunching buses at the 6AM hour until they were finally able to kind of get back to normal.  Meanwhile, the Q20A/B were running as normal and mostly on time at the same hour.

3 hours ago, 7-express said:

CP had a hard time getting their buses out this morning.  They seemed to have abandoned the first four Q34 runs of the day and then started bunching buses at the 6AM hour until they were finally able to kind of get back to normal.  Meanwhile, the Q20A/B were running as normal and mostly on time at the same hour.

CP is a trip.  Skipping parts of the route seems to be a regular thing with them.  I've been taking the QM2 to Whitestone now to go shopping for a few years and had never been screwed over until recently.

Archived