Transit Electrical Helper Exam # 8606

gotransit

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hey so im in the same boat with you guys except i haven't gotten a letter. Ive called over 5 times to figure out whats going on with the application. They keep telling me that they havent done anything with the exam yet. What i find strange is that they have a new job offering for Transit electric helper with a test date. The filing ends march 15th 2018 So how can they have a test date already when they haven't done anything with exam 8606. I just want my 61 dollars back. One time when i called i they actually told me that they didnt have my SS associated with that exam number I was like what are you kidding me

They got it, the person on the other line probably hit the wrong number for your S S And then said oh you're not even in the system. I'm just waiting to hear back from them. I applied for trackworker also. Went down on Tuesday took the first drug test, now waiting.

hey guys, I applied for exam 8606 transit electrical helper in OCT 2017 and received a letter today for the same thing, the application was based on experience and education where there was no exam giving, is this job safe to proceed ? its for a "provisional" position and I am currently working at in my job for over 10 years now so its hard to make the move for a "provisional" position

That's awesome to hear I just got mine also the provisional position is basically a probationary period for a year you can be excessively late calling in sick all the time and you basically just have to show up and work my letter says to come in and take the safety assessment exam which is scheduled for 3:25 2018 at 8 a.m. which is kind of weird because that's a Sunday morning does your say that

That's awesome to hear I just got mine also the provisional position is basically a probationary period for a year you cant be excessively late calling in sick all the time and you basically just have to show up and work my letter says to come in and take the safety assessment exam which is scheduled for 3:25 2018 at 8 a.m. which is kind of weird because that's a Sunday morning does your say that

I went to 180 Livingston Street this morning to verify if the Safety Assessment was indeed given on a Sunday . The lady at the window said " YES ." The trains are slow/run local by me on weekends . There's a parking lot right on the same block/corner and they ONLY CHARGE $12 on Sunday . I'll be driving and parking there . 

1 hour ago, Soup said:

I went to 180 Livingston Street this morning to verify if the Safety Assessment was indeed given on a Sunday . The lady at the window said " YES ." The trains are slow/run local by me on weekends . There's a parking lot right on the same block/corner and they ONLY CHARGE $12 on Sunday . I'll be driving and parking there . 

Hey Good luck on that SPA! Let us know how it went. Hopefully we can meet later as employees lol.

Well I took the safety assessment today . It's nothing more than they show you a few pictures and ask what could be done safer or to prevent an accident . I'm not sure what answers they were looking for , but I answered the 10 questions the best I could according to each photo . As for the time on your letter , you can disregard that . It's pretty much first come , first served and they call you in groups of five . I had a 12pm appointment and I got there at 10:45 am and I was number 59 . So I would suggest go there as early as you can to be first and get it over with . There were two men doing the interview and they didn't say whether or not I passed or failed that portion . They simply ask you questions and record your answers on tape . If I'm not mistaken , they had given out at least 90 numbers . I guess I'll have to wait to see what the mail brings . Win , lose or draw , the $61 is GONE !  LOL 

17 hours ago, Soup said:

Well I took the safety assessment today . It's nothing more than they show you a few pictures and ask what could be done safer or to prevent an accident . I'm not sure what answers they were looking for , but I answered the 10 questions the best I could according to each photo . As for the time on your letter , you can disregard that . It's pretty much first come , first served and they call you in groups of five . I had a 12pm appointment and I got there at 10:45 am and I was number 59 . So I would suggest go there as early as you can to be first and get it over with . There were two men doing the interview and they didn't say whether or not I passed or failed that portion . They simply ask you questions and record your answers on tape . If I'm not mistaken , they had given out at least 90 numbers . I guess I'll have to wait to see what the mail brings . Win , lose or draw , the $61 is GONE !  LOL 

Thanks for the info. Best of luck to you!

On 12/8/2017 at 12:02 PM, Byrd said:

Hi i filled out the application for Transit Electrical Helper in October still waiting to here something..

I was considered for a provisional position as transit Electrical Helper the letter came on March 2 2018.the date is 4/14/2018 at 8:00 am .  

i have to go in next Sunday 3/25/18 for electrical helper BUT, I took the signal maintainer practical exam in April 2017 and got called on OCT 2017, took a drug test and pre-employment , the letter states Temporary position but I guess you start off like that till your permanent , I didn't hear back from them until 3/15/18  to come in for another drug test..i actually gave up on this exam after not hearing for months..so I went in on 3/16/18 and I had to redue back my pre-employment application and drug test which is crazy ..they said the application and drug test aren't good anymore after 3 months..so now I am thinking not to go thru with he electrical helper now since I got called for signal maintainer?

Edited by tprashad0719

Yeah I'm supposed to go this Sunday as well I'm waiting for the LIRR to call me back for a similar position electrical traction helper AKA ET helper I passed the pre-screening for that back in November 2017 the they typically call you back faster than the MTA I'm kind of torn on what to do as I'm also a local 25 electrician and don't want to take a job that's not guaranteed

If you google electrical Transit helper 7609 forum ....which was the test right before 8606.... they go into full detail of how everything works what you'll be doing on the job what you can expect from the testing one person said it takes about a month-and-a-half after the safety assessment test

On 3/18/2018 at 3:56 PM, Soup said:

Did you or anyone so their drug test that day?