Transit Electrical Helper Exam # 8606

gotransit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, shopwitvel said:

Na soup I dont smoke or anything like that ... man idk what I did lol

Hopefully they'll call you today . It was a Brooklyn number that called me ,confirmed my email and  then she sent the email . 

2 hours ago, Victorious29 said:

I got May 18. Let me know how it goes.

Far as I understand it’s simple

vision/hearing

urine for diabeties 

bloodpressue

ekg

and they ask you to bend this way and tha

1 hour ago, Victorious29 said:

No calls for me. Straight email and replied with a thank you. Name was sex neutral so I typed name said thank you and moved along.

Devon Marks maybe?  And wait til you do the lung capacity test. lol

Hope Everybody Filled Out Their Big Booklet  , Went To DMV and Obtained An Abstract ( In Case You Need To Explain Them Tickets ) , Got All Your Documents and I.D.'s , YOUR BLUE INK PENS , #2 Pencils , Black Ink Pens , Court Documents If You Were Ever Arrested or Issued A Summons ( Not sure if you need it , I got a ticket for drinking a beer couple years ago ) . Hope To See Everyone Bright And Early Wednesday Morning .✌️

good luck guys..Devon Marks is a dude lol..and the lung capacity test is just blow as hard as you can til you cant anymore lol..you’ll see..ask what section youre going to because I’m sure they know..rumor is 20 more guys coming to cable section

3 hours ago, shopwitvel said:

Yes bro I go in friday!!! 😀 How was it today? Hows was the lung test? 

I got put on medical hold because of that stupid lung test . She had me do it 4 times and twice she kept saying stop I'm not blowing right etc , all the while never said that they record them . So needless to say I got a 62% and they say 75% reading is passing . I have to go get one from my doctor and a chest x-ray to show there's no damage . Sucks , I think she didn't let me do the spirometer test the right way . I asked the doctor to retake it and he declined saying I did it 4 times , and I'm like she stopped me twice etc . OH well , I got a few days to try and get a test done and submit my doctors report clearing me to do the job with no restrictions . SUCKS ! 

23 hours ago, Victorious29 said:

I was given option between power and signals. What is the difference?

power is running wire, whether power,telephone,or fiber optic..signals is more in the spotlight because of the need to repair a broken signal..not exactly sure what they do but im sure you could look it up..i can only give you what goes on here and so far, its pretty good and lax..im on brooklyn days

On 5/19/2018 at 12:45 PM, GerardL said:

power is running wire, whether power,telephone,or fiber optic..signals is more in the spotlight because of the need to repair a broken signal..not exactly sure what they do but im sure you could look it up..i can only give you what goes on here and so far, its pretty good and lax..im on brooklyn days

Thanks G!  How long is training? 

I chose Power btw! 

On 5/20/2018 at 1:55 PM, Victorious29 said:

Thanks G!  How long is training? 

I chose Power btw! 

when you get your start date, 2 weeks from there, you’ll be at the yard..as for the other training, couldnt tell ya..im still waiting for flagging,confined space,asbestos,and respirator..my start date was 4/16

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I got the clearance from my doctor . Lungs are fine just seems like I blow slightly lower than the norm . Taking my paperwork back on Friday Aug 3rd to see if they clear me from medical hold .