Transit Electrical Helper Exam # 8606

gotransit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They showed you pictures of a safety crime scene and asked what could have been done or used to avoid an accident . I'm not sure if I'm allowed to actually tell what was on the interview test per se , I don't know if they monitor this forum . So like I said above , they show you a picture and then ask you a question .  I'll give you a scenario type without actually telling you what the question(s) were . Hypothetically speaking . . . If I show you a picture of a crowded subway car in the station and the person has his/her arm stuck in the door but their body is on the platform , they'll ask what could have been done to avoid this situation ? That's how the questions/pictures are posed to you . So a correct answer might be , they person should have not stuck their arm in the door and they should have waited for the next train .There are no A,B,C,D answers , it's all verbal . Got it ? ! 

Took my oral communication safety test for Electrical Helper #8606 on 3/25/18.. Pretty easy test, took about 20 minutes. I really think I passed the test but after the test nobody told me anything. Did anyone else take this safety test? Does anyone know what happens next? Or how long the process takes? 

Nope , they didn't say anything to me neither . If dress and appearance accounts for anything , I passed . LMAO . . . People showed up wearing any and everything . I guess in a few weeks we'll receive a letter saying 👍🏿 or 👎🏿 . Some of those scenarios were kinda vague . Some you really couldn't tell who was at fault , so I'm assuming they were just looking for answers explaining how it could have been avoided or the injury lessened . Just my opinion . 

I took the oral exam 3/25/18 and because the questions were so vague I think they really just wanted to see if you could understand the question and give a solid response. I don't think there was one clear answer for any question. They didn't tell me either but I overheard someone ask when will they hear back and they said it could be 5-6 months from now but I doubt it will take that long. I saw on the other post for exam 7606 people said the whole process takes about a month or so.

The application is graded as an exam, I think SPA is the OPA for Conductors and SPA is for TEH position. 

I believe it’s more of a pass/fail thing. All depends on your application score creating a list and if you passed the SPA.

I am only guessing, the only people who would know is the HR of the MTA and maybe the people that were hired.

best of luck!

Update, So I called HR and they told me that I have to wait until everyone else Is done testing because there are still testing going on for Electrical Heler and can take up to  several months then I should recive a letter in the mail saying pass or fail and if I pass that will then give me a list number.... So looks like we will just have to wait it out a few more months  :(

Well Byrd posted that he/she has a date for April 14th . So that means the Safety Assessments are going on until that Saturday . If anybody knows of anymore SA dates , please post them . Thanks .

A friend of mine had taken the bus maintainer (assistant I believe) same process a couple years back minus the spa/OPA. After the initial welcoming interview, he took a drug test that day. But before that he had received a letter stating his rank number. Luckily he graduated from a vocational/technical school and was listed in the 100s. He mentioned it’ll be the same after the last interviews are done. 

Im taking the SPA April 14th and the track worker April 7th (exam).

if April 14 is last then by end of April beginning of May is my guess letters will be mailed out.

best of luck, hope to see you guys on the other side!!

p.s.

how hard is it getting a position for nights/weekends?

very curious because that’s what I want.

Transit System is open 24/7 . There is no way to determine what shift(s) , yes SHIFTS there's a lot of O.T. so I hear , you will be on . Your only hope is that they make a schedule and allow you to swap with a person . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 2:05 PM, Byrd said:

I was considered for a provisional position as transit Electrical Helper the letter came on March 2 2018.the date is 4/14/2018 at 8:00 am .  

Yo Byrd , Did you take the safety assessment on Saturday ? How was it ? Was it crowded in the waiting area ? Let's us know a lil something something . 

1 hour ago, Victorious29 said:

Went to assessment on the 14th. Took it not too confusing but very vague.

best of luck guys. 

I agree with Victorious29 . Some of the scenarios there was no real way to determine who was in the wrong or which one could have avoided it . Oh well . . . I took my test on the 18th of March . Hopefully we'll hear from NYCTA in about 4-8 weeks time .