Transit Electrical Helper Exam # 8606

gotransit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, shopwitvel said:

This waiting game SUCKS!! 😞

Yeah , especially since some have written that they took the Safety Assessment and were called a month later for the medical portion and then went to orientation shortly there after . 

9 minutes ago, Soup said:

Yeah , especially since some have written that they took the Safety Assessment and were called a month later for the medical portion and then went to orientation shortly there after . 

Wait....people got called for medical and orientation from test 8606?

1 hour ago, shopwitvel said:

Wait....people got called for medical and orientation from test 8606?

No , I think that was for the 7609 exam . Jake and Mous and a few others said it only took about 2months roughly before they got class dates .

6 minutes ago, Elfrinz said:

I got a letter saying that they are considering for a position as an electrical helper and I have to go in next week to begin pre-employment processing. 

What date did you do the Safety Assessment ? Did you get drug tested yet or is that part of pre-employment processing ?

Did anyone get offered the Signal Maintainer Trainee on their paperwork ? The application states that they may use this list to fill Trainee positions . Shit , I sure hope so . . .my list number is 25 .

Got to 180 Livingston at 6:15 am . Got an Early Bird park around the corner for $18 . Was on line at 6:30 am , NYCT opened the doors at 7:00 and by that time the line was long as phuck !  Filled out some paperwork and got an urinalysis and bounced around 10:15 am . They gave us a big homework package to take home . Probably more time/jobs/school/I.D. info to fill out . Waiting on a call to see what's next .

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Got to 180 Livingston at 6:15 am . Got an Early Bird park around the corner for $18 . Was on line at 6:30 am , NYCT opened the doors at 7:00 and by that time the line was long as phuck !  Filled out some paperwork and got an urinalysis and bounced around 10:15 am . They gave us a big homework package to take home . Probably more time/jobs/school/I.D. info to fill out . Waiting on a call to see what's next .

6:15 u got there the same time as me and parked at the same place.. 18 bucks nice and cheap !!

Edited by shopwitvel

2 minutes ago, shopwitvel said:

6:15 u got there the same time as me and parked at the same place.. 18 bucks nice and cheap !!

Yeah ,  I had ticket number A105 . I was one of the first to whizz .lol I wanted to be in and out of that place . Hopefully we get a call by Friday saying we are clean. 

22 hours ago, Soup said:

Yeah ,  I had ticket number A105 . I was one of the first to whizz .lol I wanted to be in and out of that place . Hopefully we get a call by Friday saying we are clean. 

So when do you think we will have to go back for medical??

A week or 2 but I think depending on the list number. I'm assuming they will fill up the classes with the lower numbers and work there way up from there. Once you go in for a medical they swear you in and give you a hire date from what I hear.

2 minutes ago, Elfrinz said:

A week or 2 but I think depending on the list number. I'm assuming they will fill up the classes with the lower numbers and work there way up from there. Once you go in for a medical they swear you in and give you a hire date from what I hear.

Sweeeettt