Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mfs NJT459

Proterra Electric buses coming to Newton Ave

Recommended Posts

WOW!!!! I never saw that one coming.   I was wondering when NJ Transit would get these.  SEPTA is getting some too and we have them out here on the West Coast already. It will be interesting to see what routes these are used for.  

Probably likely on 404, 405 and 407 and perhaps 452.  I will be shocked to see them on the 413 just because it is one of the furthest traveled out of the Exact Fare Lines.  But that's good, go head Camden!!!

Edited by Tranzitfan81
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NJT will never learn stop buying this garbage like they did with the Designline crap.  And Millennium mess stick with a proven builder. An electric bus in NJ winters what a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 2:29 PM, busdude2 said:

NJT will never learn stop buying this garbage like they did with the Designline crap.  And Millennium mess stick with a proven builder. An electric bus in NJ winters what a mistake.

So Millennium wasn't a proven builder, when the company was formed from the same company that gave us the RTS that were rolling on NJ roads for over a decade?? 

Hmm last time I checked, NJT was the one who kept meddling with the specs to begin with, hence you don't see that fleet running around where they belong. You have to see them in a casino or go all the way to Texas A&M's campus to see them in action.

Edited by go25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 3:29 PM, busdude2 said:

NJT will never learn stop buying this garbage like they did with the Designline crap.  And Millennium mess stick with a proven builder. An electric bus in NJ winters what a mistake.

Proterra is proven.

If they weren't, they wouldn't be landing orders all over the place.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch and see how they handle dealing with NJT. It will be a big mistake.  And millennium where are they now any big orders on the streets or just a few NJT rejects at casinos and small transits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 5:23 PM, busdude2 said:

Watch and see how they handle dealing with NJT. It will be a big mistake.  And millennium where are they now any big orders on the streets or just a few NJT rejects at casinos and small transits.

More so, how much NJT HANDLES the specs of the buses, given their penchant for doing so.

 

And if it is a big mistake like you say it is, please elaborate besides being "unproven" to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 6:23 PM, busdude2 said:

Watch and see how they handle dealing with NJT. It will be a big mistake.  And millennium where are they now any big orders on the streets or just a few NJT rejects at casinos and small transits.

Millennium was practically paid off to not build any more buses when they were in the process of rebuilding.

It still wouldn't be a big mistake for them, considering that they have more orders all over the place. Also, Proterra has been around longer than Millennium & Designline ever existed. Proterra also has NYMTA, SEPTA & King County Metro, 3 of the top 10 biggest bus-operated agencies backing them. So if NJT screws this up with them, Proterra will be fine regardless.

With the logic you keep talking about, MCI would've never came back to the table, considering that NJT was extremely pissed with the 7100 series D4500CLs to the point where they tried to sue MCI....that's part of the reason as to why MCI never bothered to throw their hat into the original CNG contract that Designline was awarded.

Edited by Cait Sith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 3:36 AM, Cait Sith said:

Millennium was practically paid off to not build any more buses when they were in the process of rebuilding.

It still wouldn't be a big mistake for them, considering that they have more orders all over the place. Also, Proterra has been around longer than Millennium & Designline ever existed. Proterra also has NYMTA, SEPTA & King County Metro, 3 of the top 10 biggest bus-operated agencies backing them. So if NJT screws this up with them, Proterra will be fine regardless.

With the logic you keep talking about, MCI would've never came back to the table, considering that NJT was extremely pissed with the 7100 series D4500CLs to the point where they tried to sue MCI....that's part of the reason as to why MCI never bothered to throw their hat into the original CNG contract that Designline was awarded.

TTC is also getting 10 Prottera's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.