Bolt Bus and MBTA Question

FamousNYLover

In future, I want to tryout the Bolt Bus to Boston for 1-day.

If I want to avoid traffic, what time I should pickup at NY Penn Station in morning, and return trip around 5-6pm?

Is there to charge to buy blank charlie card similar to PATH's Smartlink blank card or no.

Can you able to buy 1-Day Charlie Card?

Please tell me and thanks in advance.

The T machines will only sell CharlieTickets. In order to purchase a CharlieCard, you'll need to go to either a retail outlet or buy one on line. Sorry, but CharlieCards are not sold with a zero balance, I believe the minimum initial purchase is $10.

This means that you won't be able to buy a 1-day CharlieCard when you visit, but you can buy a 1-day CharlieTicket. Or you can just e-mail MIT. ;)

Actually, CharlieCards are available free of charge (one advantage of the MBTA over, say, WMATA). You can get CharlieCards (with no value loaded) free of charge from MBTA Customer Service Agents in all subway stations and select bus terminals. Once you get a CharlieCard, you can load stored value or a T Pass (such as a 1-day LinkPass) on it using any T fare vending machine (FVM).

You can also buy CharlieCards with value preloaded via the MBTA's website; you can, for example, order a CharlieCard with $5.00 value preloaded via the MBTA's website, for $5.00 (there is no surcharge for the card).

If you are just looking to get a 1-day LinkPass, though, it'll probably be easier to just go to a T fare vending machine and have it print the pass on a CharlieTicket. Your choice though. :)

Archived