R-179 Debut Day Photos...

The Real

It is a pleasing looking car on the exterior, on the interior, I'm not sure if I am fan of the sharper interior body lines but to each his own. The interior announcements need major adjusting, while they are crisper sounding, the volume is entirely too low. The FIND system is a 50/50 for me as the slight bigger screen is nicer but you can tell the MTA just ported over the program from the R160s and since those screens are smaller, the same program on the larger screens look a bit out of focus and pixelated (much like when you try to enlarge a jpg that has already been compressed). The Next stop set up and the ceiling signs are very clean. Ride Quality...To me, the R160 still has the softer ride of all the new techs with the R143s following behind, I'd place the R179 ride quality somewhere between the R142 and R142A cars. For Us, that being the crew, the controller is much nicer than any of the cars currently in the Tech classes, its much like the R188 but has a nicer feel. The operators seat, while they have given us a taller back, its still much like a buck-board. The TOD screen? lord, that thing is like a puzzle. Overall nice car, but I'm still not hopeful for an event-less 30-days based on its current track record, but we'll see. Enjoy The Photos!

NYCS_Bombardier_3058c.jpg

NYCS_Bombardier_3065c.jpg

NYCS_Bombardier_3058b.jpg

NYCS_Bombardier_3065b.jpg

NYCS_Bombardier_3058.jpg

NYCS_Bombardier_3065.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived