Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
LaGuardia Link N Tra

Canarsie Shutdown fleet swap thread

Recommended Posts

Welp, those in the R179 discussion thread, R32 fleet swap thread, and whatever other threads there are that state comments relating to this then here's a thread that discusses what will happen with certain fleets in certain lines during the Canarsie tunnel shutdown and after. I'll start us off

179 and 4 car 160 Sets on the (G)

46 and 68 (C) trains

32 (A) and (B) Trains

143 160 and 179 (J)(Z) trains

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they go to the (G). It needs 480' trains, has only one merge, and just generally gives the low-MDBF 32s few chances to brutally mess things up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fleet prediction:

(A) - R32s , R68s from (G) , R179

(B) - R68/A

(C) - R46 

(G) - 4 car R160s and R179s

(J)/(Z) - R160, R143, R179

Edited by R68OnBroadway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(A) / (C) -R32/R42/R46 all 600ft

(B) - R68/A

(G) - R179 (4-car)

(Q) - R179 (5-car)

(J)(M)(Z) - R160/R143/R179 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the plan to keep all the R32 and R42 for the duration of the shutdown?

21 minutes ago, VIP said:

(A) / (C) -R32/R42/R46 all 600ft

(B) - R68/A

(G) - R179 (4-car)

(Q) - R179 (5-car)

(J)(M)(Z) - R160/R143/R179 

 

The R42 are the first to go (before the R32) if I remember correctly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, quadcorder said:

Is the plan to keep all the R32 and R42 for the duration of the shutdown?

The R42 are the first to go (before the R32) if I remember correctly...

That’s a rumor. They’re being kept until all the R179’s (4-car and 5-car sets) are in revenue service. So best believe the R42’s are making it past 2019

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again I may Point out that it's basically confirmed that the R32s are going to the (B) and (G) . The MTA knows of the Montague issue and it will not affect the (B) runs that much.

 

We don't even know how many R32s are going to run in total on the (B) and (G) so it can be very well less than 4 train sets per line which I'm pretty sure will almost do nearly nothing to service.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Again I may Point out that it's basically confirmed that the R32s are going to the (B) and (G) . The MTA knows of the Montague issue and it will not affect the (B) runs that much.

 

We don't even know how many R32s are going to run in total on the (B) and (G) so it can be very well less than 4 train sets per line which I'm pretty sure will almost do nearly nothing to service.

Exactly. Every week, an expert with inside knowledge re-affirms the already known knowledge that the R32 and their RFW will be on the (B) and the (G)

A few days later, one person suggests something different, and then we get dozens of predictions. 

It is confirmed, and it is subject to change.

 

What’s still up for debate is where the 160, 179’s and even the R42s placement will be. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

@R68OnBroadway  where did ya get the idea of the R179’s going on the (Q)

 

Sorry, I meant @VIP, @R68OnBroadway youre fine

Actually this makes sense if the (G) will be getting R179s (less yards to spread out the R179s) and if there will be additional R46s assigned to the (C) then they have to come from Jamaica, which will get some of the Coney Island R160s. The R179s can be the placeholders for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres my bold prediction:

(A) & (C) R32, *R42,R46 and the 40 10 car trainsets of R179's. Both (A) / (C) shares fleet. *R42's if they were to stay.

 

(B) uses 2 R32 trainsets for gap service similar to when that 1 train was on the (B) in 2009-2010. The rest R68/A's. Meaning they'll barely use the R32's on the (B). They can also run it in place of that R68 and run it on the (A) in the pm rush.

 

(G) 8 car R32's,  R160A-1's

I would have the (G) run the R160's since CI has the same exact cars but as 10 car trains.

(J) / (Z) R143,R160A-1,R179

 

(M) R160A-1, R179

 

Those R32's aren't leaving the (A) but i can see the remaining ENY cars going to CIY for (G) service. 8 car (G) trains will come soon before the shutdown.

 

The (C) going full length kinda changed things now. But i see the R32's split between 207th & CIY.

 

 

Edited by R32 3838

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

Heres my bold prediction:

(A) & (C) R32, *R42,R46 and the 40 10 car trainsets of R179's. Both (A) / (C) shares fleet. *R42's if they were to stay.

 

(B) uses 2 R32 trainsets for gap service similar to when that 1 train was on the (B) in 2009-2010. The rest R68/A's. Meaning they'll barely use the R32's on the (B). They can also run it in place of that R68 and run it on the (A) in the pm rush.

 

I thought the purpose of having the 10-car R179 sets on the (A) was to replace the R68 set it uses in the afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

I thought the purpose of having the 10-car R179 sets on the (A) was to replace the R68 set it uses in the afternoon.

Their actual purpose was to add the four extra trains needed to cover SAS service. Which is why many of us thought those R179s were gonna go to the (Q).

The real purpose for them being on the (A) seems to be for maintenance efficiencies.

Edited by LTA1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LTA1992 said:

Their actual purpose was to add the four extra trains needed to cover SAS service. Which is why many of us thought those R179s were gonna go to the (Q).

The real purpose for them being on the (A) seems to be for maintenance efficiencies.

That might still happen since the (C) isn't getting R179's anymore but i hope the (A) & (C) get the 40 car full length ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without the A1s or the four-car sets of 179s, I don't see much of a pull for the five-car sets running on either the (A) or (C) lines. In a veritable sea of 32s and 46s, I cannot see these oddballs of NTTs on either line. In fact, I believe the five-car sets will either be placed on the (F) to shift the 46s over to the (A)(C) and (R) lines or on the (N) to remove the handful of 68s from that line. Both applicable yards have plenty of similar cars in service on their lines, so the newer 179s will not be that much of an issue. That will not be the case for 207th Street or Pitkin, of which will only host older cars for the foreseeable future. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it right now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lance said:

Without the A1s or the four-car sets of 179s, I don't see much of a pull for the five-car sets running on either the (A) or (C) lines. In a veritable sea of 32s and 46s, I cannot see these oddballs of NTTs on either line. In fact, I believe the five-car sets will either be placed on the (F) to shift the 46s over to the (A)(C) and (R) lines or on the (N) to remove the handful of 68s from that line. Both applicable yards have plenty of similar cars in service on their lines, so the newer 179s will not be that much of an issue. That will not be the case for 207th Street or Pitkin, of which will only host older cars for the foreseeable future. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it right now.

I've actually been vouching that for a year or two now because why have odd balls or an odd ball or two when the 179's for the (A) can just be pushed to Jamaica thus making the QBL nearly 100% NTT, I mean isn't the QBL and Culver supposedly getting upgraded for CBTC. Totally agree, as much as I like seeing a 46 or two on the (F) its logical to keep one specific R-type to one yard. But I could be wrong as well and we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lance said:

Without the A1s or the four-car sets of 179s, I don't see much of a pull for the five-car sets running on either the (A) or (C) lines. In a veritable sea of 32s and 46s, I cannot see these oddballs of NTTs on either line. In fact, I believe the five-car sets will either be placed on the (F) to shift the 46s over to the (A)(C) and (R) lines or on the (N) to remove the handful of 68s from that line. Both applicable yards have plenty of similar cars in service on their lines, so the newer 179s will not be that much of an issue. That will not be the case for 207th Street or Pitkin, of which will only host older cars for the foreseeable future. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it right now.

It makes the most sense to have the whole R179 car class order sent to Coney Island. For (G)(Q) service. The 40 R179 5-car sets can potentially send out 4 R160’s to Jamaica then in turn, Jamaica can send 4 sets of R46’s to Pitkin/207 Street yards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

Heres my bold prediction:

(A) & (C) R32, *R42,R46 and the 40 10 car trainsets of R179's. Both (A) / (C) shares fleet. *R42's if they were to stay.

 

(B) uses 2 R32 trainsets for gap service similar to when that 1 train was on the (B) in 2009-2010. The rest R68/A's. Meaning they'll barely use the R32's on the (B). They can also run it in place of that R68 and run it on the (A) in the pm rush.

 

(G) 8 car R32's,  R160A-1's

I would have the (G) run the R160's since CI has the same exact cars but as 10 car trains.

(J) / (Z) R143,R160A-1,R179

 

(M) R160A-1, R179

 

Those R32's aren't leaving the (A) but i can see the remaining ENY cars going to CIY for (G) service. 8 car (G) trains will come soon before the shutdown.

 

The (C) going full length kinda changed things now. But i see the R32's split between 207th & CIY.

 

 

Since, for some odd reason; they don’t put 10-car R32’s on the (C) and the R32’s on the (A) is not the best idea. They should just take the chance and Transfer them over to the (B) and, or (G) before 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(J)/(Z): R160/R179

(G): R179 with a handful of R32s

(B): R32/R68

(N)/(W): R46/R68/R179

(C): R46

(E)/(F)/(R): All R160

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed, if the R32's stay on the A past the summer time, they can run em on the extended rockaway park shuttle to rockaway park. That would solve the hvac issue since the shuttle is full length from memorial day to labor day 7 days a week if im correct. The shuttle uses about 5-6 trainsets. The A has about 8 currently. Hopefully they're smart enough to do that.

 

So for the summertime:

(A) R32/R46

Rockaway pk (S) full length: R32's and 1 R46 (for the overnight

(C) R46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2017 at 8:51 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Again I may Point out that it's basically confirmed that the R32s are going to the (B) and (G) . The MTA knows of the Montague issue and it will not affect the (B) runs that much.

 

We don't even know how many R32s are going to run in total on the (B) and (G) so it can be very well less than 4 train sets per line which I'm pretty sure will almost do nearly nothing to service.

Has it been confirmed by the Division of Car Equipment NYCT, not "insiders", that CIYD will be getting R32's for B/G service?

Edited by Bill from Maspeth
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.