Canarsie Shutdown fleet swap thread

LGA Link N Train

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MysteriousBtrain said:

CAN WE GET TF BACK ON TOPIC? GODDAMN FOAMERS..... honestly I hope some of you get banned soon (not naming anybody tho)

Thank you  (despite the fact that I can't stop laughing at what has become of this thread) anyways I said something about the R160's and R46's in the previous page. By the way (even though this might not happen). I feel as if the (C) should use some R68's during the shutdown.

2 minutes ago, D to 96 St said:

NYC Subway Lounge Hotel- :lol::lol::lol: 

211 Floors 

1-9th Floor- R1-9s

10-160 Floor- R10-R160

161-211 Floor- R179-R211

Pool and Spa, with reefed subway cars. 

Lobby- made of vandalized stainless steel

Price- $6.50 per person

ONLY FOR FOAMERS 24/7!!!!

Seriously, this thread is absolute funny. But we should get back on topic otherwise we're gonna get hit by that United Airlines flight of foam...

You're the only one who's truly proven yourself to be a huge foamy whiny twat venting over and over just because me, Bill, and R32 3838 don't agree to your shenanigans. Keep playing yourself kid lol.

5 minutes ago, D to 96 St said:

NYC Subway Lounge Hotel- :lol::lol::lol: 

211 Floors 

1-9th Floor- R1-9s

10-160 Floor- R10-R160

161-211 Floor- R179-R211

Pool and Spa, with reefed subway cars. 

Lobby- made of vandalized stainless steel

Price- $6.50 per person

ONLY FOR FOAMERS 24/7!!!!

Seriously, this thread is absolute funny. But we should get back on topic otherwise we're gonna get hit by that United Airlines flight of foam...

Lol let's keep this in a separate thread

1 minute ago, D to 96 St said:

WoW. You call me a crybaby for saying information carried out by @Dj Hammers that's BASED ON FACT. 

Type properly and get back on topic, im starting to think you need to lay off the crack, it may be getting to you. @Dj Hammers would think god left this thread just looking at how youre acting.

3 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

Thank you  (despite the fact that I can't stop laughing at what has become of this thread) anyways I said something about the R160's and R46's in the previous page. By the way (even though this might not happen). I feel as if the (C) should use some R68's during the shutdown.

The (C) definitely wont get large numbers of R68's (my opinon, im more unreliable than anyone else on this thread :mellow:), but it could pop up in small numbers just in case. 

1 minute ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

The (C) definitely wont get large numbers of R68's (my opinon, im more unreliable than anyone else on this thread :mellow:), but it could pop up in small numbers just in case. 

Well I'd displace them from the (B) and (G) since they'll have R32's  (according to credible sources)

7 minutes ago, D to 96 St said:

Getting this back on topic, where do ya think the R42's are going? They aren't gonna be retired until after Canarsie. 

We don't know much yet, my guess is the 8th avenue line, specifically the (A) or (C) , also maybe the (G)(B) since older R32's are likely to be displaced there?

(Also yay, 50th post on my account!)

We'll know with certainty where the remaining R42 trains will be placed once they have officially received their assignments and commence service in revenue operation on the lines that we don't know for a fact yet. However, they likely will be placed on the line(s) of priority where they are most needed. Many railfans on this forum become misinformed when they hear someone say that some arbitrary car equipment class will be assigned elsewhere in the system without providing validated proof. Having patience here is everything–wait and eventually find out for yourself where the remaining R32s and R42s end up. Remember, even plans that have been finalized can be changed/adjusted at the last minute to accommodate a more viable solution. 

4 hours ago, LGA Link N train said:

Hey I did say that the R32's are going to the (B) . And I'm well aware that @Dj Hammers has the most superior info than anyone else here. And I agree with @quadcoder and @VIP said. I just noticed that this chat has been dead for a while so I tried to bring it back to life. I'm also just trying to throw out suggestions here so don't judge. 

Emphasis mine. How thick are you? Stop bumping chats for no reason. Look what you have done to this thread - this is your fault.

3 hours ago, D to 96 St said:

At the end of the day, we all learn lessons. 

"The Little DJ who cried R32 (B) and (G)" -A Stupid Parody of the The Boy who cried Wolf

One day a 20-year old man named Max, or should I say @Dj Hammers was in the middle of planning. He was very accustomed to subway operations, and was an expert transportation planner in the MTA. He heard a fact that the 32's were going to the (B) and (G). He waited at Brighton Beach for an R32 (B) to show up. He then cried "R32 (B)! R32 (B)!" A lot of foamers and railfans flooded Brighton Beach like it was a madhouse. But then, all they saw was the average R68 (B). Someone named Bill came out of the crowd and shouted, "Where's the R32?!" Max shouted that he swore they were gonna show up, but the railfans ignored him and all went to have a good night's sleep.

The next morning, Max decided to head to the (G). He waited at Smith-9 Sts for one to show up! All he saw were the average (F)s and 4-car (G)s in the station. He then shouted again, "There is an R32 (G)!!!" Once again, the foamers and railfans flocked to Smith-9th and still got the same result. Bill, now infuriated and thought he was being trolled, stepped out of the crowd and yelled, "THERE'S STILL NO R32 (G)! IF I HEAR AN R32 POPS UP ON THE STUPID-FART (B) or (G), WE'RE NOT COMING!!!" @Jemorie and @R32 3838 raised their hands in agreement, but @Dj Hammers said: "Trust me, tomorrow it will actually show up!!! @Around the Horn nodded in agreement, as well as @Union Tpke. But Bill and the others stomped away at lightspeed. 

Finally, @Dj Hammers woke up to a new day, and a new event. He then went to Brighton Beach and Smith-9th once again, but then he shouted! "R32s are on the (B) and (G)!!! I'm not lying!" But Bill and the others ignored him, and the only few that listened were @D to 96 St, @Around the Horn, @Union Tpke, and @GojiMet86. However, there were actually R32s on BOTH the (B) and (G), and it was all because of saying @Dj Hammers wasn't gonna be right. You learn something new everyday, kids. 

Holy crap, this is stupid. If you were trying to make a point, you failed miserably.

The last 2 pages of this thread proves how dumb you foamers are. Im gonna get straight to the point.

As a railfan having the R32's/42's on the (B) and (G) lines would be cool. And i never said i don't want to see them on there. The (G) is the very logical choice, no sign changing. The only drawback with the (B) is the Montague tube if a reroute occurs. Usually they'll suspend service or reroute it via culver so its not that big of a deal but if 1-4 trains are stuck between atlantic and dekalb its a problem. But the (D) can run R32's as well as specials and etc. I could only see a maximum of 3 sets of R32's on the (B) with the rest being on the (G).

I still think the R32's would be split between 207th/pitkin and CI if all 222 cars stay. It would make sense to run 6-8 R32's with 3 R42's on the (A). The (A) being all 75 footers during the (L) shutdown would be dumb as f**k. I like how the (A) is now 6 sets of R32's. I think that should be good enough with the rest can go to CIY.

But lets just wait and see. We got atleast a few months. If it all goes smooth the R32's and R42's would be off the (J) by march or april.

49 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

The last 2 pages of this thread proves how dumb you foamers are. Im gonna get straight to the point.

As a railfan having the R32's/42's on the (B) and (G) lines would be cool. And i never said i don't want to see them on there. The (G) is the very logical choice, no sign changing. The only drawback with the (B) is the Montague tube if a reroute occurs. Usually they'll suspend service or reroute it via culver so its not that big of a deal but if 1-4 trains are stuck between atlantic and dekalb its a problem. But the (D) can run R32's as well as specials and etc. I could only see a maximum of 3 sets of R32's on the (B) with the rest being on the (G).

I still think the R32's would be split between 207th/pitkin and CI if all 222 cars stay. It would make sense to run 6-8 R32's with 3 R42's on the (A). The (A) being all 75 footers during the (L) shutdown would be dumb as f**k. I like how the (A) is now 6 sets of R32's. I think that should be good enough with the rest can go to CIY.

But lets just wait and see. We got atleast a few months. *If it all goes smooth the R32's and R42's would be off the (J) by March or April.

For the purposes of maintaining the integrity of this thread, I'm going to provide you with some constructive criticism, as the misinformation that's being circulated is becoming rampant at this point.

"As a railfan having the R32's/42's on the (B) and (G) lines would be cool."

You obviously want to see the R32s or R42s on the (B) and (G) lines and that's the form of reasoning that's causing other people to legitimately believe that what you're saying is true. NO ONE HERE, not me, not you, not DJ Hammers, not Fan Railer has the final say in where the remaining R32s and R42s will be assigned, so give it a rest, will you?

"But the (D) can run R32's as well as specials and etc."

No. The only place you'll be seeing a set of R32s in revenue service on the (D) line is in your dreams. The MTA isn't going to place the cars with the lowest MDBF rate in the entire system on one of the busiest lines that runs 24/7 just because you want to see them there.

"If it all goes smooth the R32's and R42's would be off the (J) by March or April."

What source did you get this information from? If you can't validate this statement, don't post it publicly–you'll accomplish nothing other than misinforming people.

2 hours ago, D to 96 St said:

Guys, why do y'all wanna do this pointless arguing? I'm gonna just stay out of this "R32 on the (B) and (G)" thingy until all of us can just drop the idea and discuss about where the R42s, R160s, and R179s are going. 

1.And yes, things could change, but I mean @Dj Hammers told us of the R32/R46 (A)(C) swap ONE YEAR AGO, and where are they now? He also said that once the R179's enter service, BOTH (B) and (G) will get them. 

2.@R32 3838 aren't some R32's going to be scrapped? I don't think all will remain, only about 160 will. 

1.For now, yes, but it's still to know even someone as accurate as DJ hammers is not a physic predictor, he's a very reliable resource at the very least, mistakes or changes could still occur, we can't conclude yet on the topic so we'll have to wait and see for any updates.

2.When? Would this be after or before the Canarsie shutdown? 

• Lance locked this topic

I step away for a few days and everything goes to the dogs. I originally left this thread open despite the back and forth mainly to consolidate the car assignments proposals into one thread. I see that was a mistake.

Thread locked. Do not clutter any other threads with this inane chatter.

Lance

Archived