New set Test today On Q

Nature

Okay, guys. Time for my first dunce moment. Please don't hurt me.

What are the physical differences between a R160A and R160B?

R160A is made my Alstom And The R160B is made By Kawasaki

Also The door sounds are different R160A's run mostly on the (J)(M)(Z) and rarely On the (N) or (Q) Lines you will catch one if you go On the (M) Or (J) For sure. If you do listen to how the doors open and close and compare it to the R160B you will notice the difference.

R160B's Run Mostly on the (N)(W)(Q) trains.

i seen a set on the (N)(Q) That A R160B with Alstom Propulsion And a R160A Can Be Coupled Since it has same Propulsion. You can catch one if your lucky Was in one 3 days ago on the (N)

http://www.nycsubway.org/cars/r160.html

A's are Alstom; B's are Kawasaki. Don't know of any other differences though.

Can the two be put together in a consist, or the different motors bump against each other?

The only difference between R160As and Alstom R160B are the door motors. They can run together. There was a test linking an Alstom R160B with a Siemens but I guess it came out negative.

A's are Alstom; B's are Kawasaki. Don't know of any other differences though.

Can the two be put together in a consist, or the different motors bump against each other?

in alstom cars, there are different car motors... they hav this distinct sound

there arent other differences per se

however they could be linked 2gether

The only difference between R160As and Alstom R160B are the door motors. They can run together. There was a test linking an Alstom R160B with a Siemens but I guess it came out negative.

by alstom ur referring 2 da propulsion rite? alstom onix.

Also The door sounds are different R160A's run mostly on the (J)(M)(Z) and rarely On the (N) or (Q) Lines you will catch one if you go On the (M) Or (J) For sure. If you do listen to how the doors open and close and compare it to the R160B you will notice the difference.

The R160A Door motors sound like the M7's door motors.

Archived