January 7, 2018 Bus Service Changes

BM5 via Woodhaven

9 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

The first day of the QM11 schedule change went ok. The new 745 combined run had nearly a full load and the drivers were all on time.

Better than the previous drivers leaving late and bunching. Though if a run is missed or late on a 15 minute headway, way worse than what happens on a 10 minute headway. 

First day we had no bus, so either we have a different driver every day or the regular guy was out and wasn't replaced. Sucks either way because that's two rush hour trips to Manhattan that weren't done.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:50 AM, checkmatechamp13 said:

Word. The Q19 definitely could use that span extension.

On 1/7/2018 at 1:10 PM, B35 via Church said:

Took em long enough to realize more & more people are getting fed up with the Q66.... Some of us on here have been clamoring for a Q19 span expansion from jump.

So much wasted potential with that route...

And it only took them what, 3, 4 years to implement this...

On 1/9/2018 at 10:11 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

First day we had no bus, so either we have a different driver every day or the regular guy was out and wasn't replaced. Sucks either way because that's two rush hour trips to Manhattan that weren't done.

I really hate that. Isn't it standard protocol to find a replacement if someone calls off or is on vacation? Are they scared to do that? These missing runs are off the chain. Since Lynx here is Orlando has a bus tracker system, some of these drivers don't have it on. It should be grounds for suspension or termination.

42 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

I really hate that. Isn't it standard protocol to find a replacement if someone calls off or is on vacation? Are they scared to do that? These missing runs are off the chain. Since Lynx here is Orlando has a bus tracker system, some of these drivers don't have it on. It should be grounds for suspension or termination.

Yes they're supposed to be replaced, but this is becoming more and more of the norm, especially this particular trip. It's the first bus of the morning Southbound, then it does the first trip back to Riverdale which gets a good load actually since you have people that work in Riverdale and people coming back from Manhattan, etc. Then it does another rush hour trip Southbound, so that's three rush hour trips that go missing when they don't replace that driver.

There was one time when the driver was skipping the Riverdale Avenue and West 236th stop, stranding numerous passengers for weeks. Eventually I figured out what was going on and raised hell. After a complaint to the (MTA) along with an elected official inquiring about why there was no bus for an extended period,  the (MTA) responded saying that the bus was running and that there was no service being cut. What they failed to mention was that the guy was going the wrong way. <_<

They do this with the BxM18 too. It's basically a cost cutting measure that they've admitted to. The guy calls out sick and you don't replace him, so you don't pay out extra. They started doing this crap as early as 2010 when they had massive service cuts.  With the BxM1 it's particularly annoying because you won't know that the bus is going the wrong way until it goes past West 239th street. If you are on the bus, you can sometimes tell them they're going the wrong way and he'll have to come back around on side streets, which eats up a good 10 - 20 minutes. The signage on BusTime can't distinguish whether it's a via Riverdale Avenue trip or a via Henry Hudson Parkway trip.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:32 PM, Q43LTD said:

There's too big of gaps with improving the Q19. 2007, extension to Flushing. 2014, extended further west in Astoria and now a service span. This should have happened as soon it was extended

To be perfectly honest, I never thought they would've have bothered with the extension to Flushing.... The only change to the route I thought they would've eventually ended up doing, was the extension to the projects.... I still think the Flushing extension & the span expansion is their way of addressing the overcrowding on the Q66......

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

To be perfectly honest, I never thought they would've have bothered with the extension to Flushing.... The only change to the route I thought they would've eventually ended up doing, was the extension to the projects.... I still think the Flushing extension & the span expansion is their way of addressing the overcrowding on the Q66......

I never thought of it either. To be honest, I thought the route was gonna stay pat...

On 12/30/2017 at 7:31 PM, Gotham Bus Co. said:

They never had trips to Horace Harding and Kissena. What they do have is the following...

(1)  Q17 short trips that begin (northbound) or end (southbound) at 188/HH. 

(2)  Q17 school-day-only northbound trippers from Francis Lewis High School (operated by CS Depot).

(3)  Q88 school-day-only eastbound trippers in the morning from the Mall to HH/Utopia or HH/F. Lewis (for school arrivals).

(4)  Q88 school-day-only westbound trippers from St. Francis Prep, Francis Lewis H.S., or John Bowne H.S., plus a handful of trippers from HH/Kissena for Queens College surges.

Don't forget Q17 school day only southbound trippers leaving RYAN MIddle School (JHS 216) from 64th Av (south side of the Horace Harding Expwy)...unless they cut those runs.

On 12/28/2017 at 6:18 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Q28 - Service Addition

The 7:24 AM Weekday trip from Flushing to Bay Terrace has been split into a 7:23 AM and a 7:25 AM trip. The 7:23 AM trip will run to Francis Lewis Boulevard & 35 Avenue, while the 7:25 AM trip will run to Bay Terrace

Really? (Being sarcastic)   IS 25 students should be happy now. 

Archived