Train Operator Exam

Theoverachiever

Usually once every four years. The last one, according to this link, was given in early 2017, therefore the next one will probably not be given until 2021 the earliest.

The reason why I emphasize the earliest is because there are several factors that are involved in making this decision, including, but not limited to, how many Train Operators they need, between people getting fired, promoted or retiring, how many people successfully pass school car, and how long the list is. If the list is long enough, they might extend it by another year or two, for a total of six [6] years, which is the maximum amount of time a list can be active. Normally it's four [4] years, however it depends on the circumstances.

By the way, welcome to the Forums @Theoverachiever!!

28 minutes ago, Theoverachiever said:

Thank you so much! i guess its time to wait possibly 4 years.

Yep. In the meantime, stay clean, as far as drugs & criminal record, and look to get that one-year of full-time paid satisfactory experience with an employer.

Good luck & Happy New Year!!

I honestly don't think so. The second page of the last open-competitive Notice of Examination, which can be viewed by clicking here, states that you need three things:

• High School Diploma
  • Driver's License valid in New York State
  • "One year of full-time satisfactory work experience that has been continuous with one employer."

Archived