Handouts for Student B/Os (NYCT, MaBSTOA, and/or MTA Bus)

+Young+

So after receiving numerous private messages (PMs) and requests asking me for the URL link to these handouts, I decided to make it easier on all of us by making a "pinned" topic with these handouts, including the interior & exterior pre-trip checkoff list (last two images). Therefore, here they are:

Page1_HandoutsPage2_HandoutsPage3_HandoutsPage4_HandoutsPage5_HandoutsPage6_HandoutsPage7_HandoutsPage8_HandoutsPage9_HandoutsPage10_HandoutsPage11_HandoutsPage12_HandoutsPre-Trip - Page1_Orion_NG_Hybrid_Bus

(PAW = Power Steering Fluid, Antifreeze, Windshield Washer Fluid)**

(GOAT = Gasoline, Oil, Antifreeze, Transmission Fluid)**

(CAT = Cuts/Abrasions/Threads)**

Pre-Trip - Page2_Orion_NG_Hybrid_Bus

Enjoy!! If you have any questions about these handouts, please do not hesitate to ask them in this thread/topic.

• +Young+ changed the title to Handouts for Student B/Os (NYCT, MaBSTOA, and/or MTA Bus)
  • Harry featured this topic
  • 6 months later...

• 8 months later...

My apologies for bumping this thread, however I have good news to share!!

Thanks to @SoSpectacular, I am pleased to share with you folks the "handouts" that the Department of Buses distributes to the students to help them prepare for their Commercial Driver's License (CDL) road test. Some of these particular handouts can be seen in this thread/topic, respectively.

00_zero

(The first three handouts are referred to in this YouTube video from approximately 9 minutes, 6 seconds to 10 minutes, 30 seconds:)

01_one02_two03_three

(The next two handouts are referred to in this YouTube video from 11 minutes, 22 seconds to 11 minutes, 48 seconds:)

04_four05_five

(The next two handouts are referred to in this YouTube video from 12 minutes, 52 seconds to 13 minutes, 34 seconds:)

06_six07_seven

(The next three handouts are referred to in this YouTube video from 14 minutes, 35 seconds to 14 minutes, 40 seconds;)

08_eight09_nine10_ten

(The final two handouts are referred to in this YouTube video from 15 minutes, 45 seconds to 15 minutes, 56 seconds:)

11_eleven12_twelve

If you would like to practice, but you don't have access to a bus, I would encourage you to watch the last thirty-two seconds of this YouTube clip. As they say, "everything happens for a reason."

Good luck!! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Just try to be as specific as possible, compared to asking a "general" question.

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

• 10 months later...

Recently, member @BoRi1976 shared his "handouts" with me, which consists of the following:

(Picture of Front Suspension, followed by descriptions)

bori1976_01

bori1976_02

(Picture of Side Engine Compartment, followed by description)

bori1976_03bori1976_04

(Picture of Rear Engine Compartment, followed by description)

bori1976_05bori1976_06

(Picture of Coolant Surge Tank Compartment, followed by description)

bori1976_07bori1976_08

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by +Young+
Technical Mishap with Flickr

• Harry unpinned this topic
  • Harry unfeatured this topic
  • 3 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 10:52 PM, +Young+ said:

So after receiving numerous private messages (PMs) and requests asking me for the URL link to these handouts, I decided to make it easier on all of us by making a "pinned" topic with these handouts, including the interior & exterior pre-trip checkoff list (last two images). Therefore, here they are:

pg 1pg 2pg 3

pg 4 - NYCTF

pg 5pg 6pg 7pg 8pg 9pg 10pg 11pg 13Pre-trip page 1

(PAW = Power Steering Fluid, Antifreeze, Windshield Washer Fluid)**

(GOAT = Gasoline, Oil, Antifreeze, Transmission Fluid)**

(CAT = Cuts/Abrasions/Threads)**

Pre-trip page 2

Enjoy!! If you have any questions about these handouts, please do not hesitate to ask them in this thread/topic.

Hey can you refresh the links when you get a chance. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 5:24 AM, DLovo313 said:

Hey can you refresh the links when you get a chance. Thanks. 

On 7/26/2022 at 7:32 PM, ryguy said:

Hey, when I click on the links to these Handouts. It says 'PAGE NOT FOUND'. How can I fix this.

The problem has been solved! The "handouts" are back!

Enjoy!

• Harry featured and pinned this topic
  • Harry unfeatured this topic
  • 6 months later...

**Want to give an update**

As of March 2023, The new training buses will be on the New Flyers XDs. Students will be assigned for the 7-10 day initial training out of  Brooklyn Depots, MJQ "Manhattan", and the Bronx, The new student instruction "Handbook" will have information based on the New Flyers buses instead of the Orion NG's hybrid buses. The current class at Zerega 7-day training is currently training on the New Flyers and will be the new training bus going forward. 

As part of the mentor line trainers, we were promised to receive the new student handbook once there are available.