NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• +Young+ changed the title to NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702
  • 2 months later...

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/22/2018 at 6:45 AM, Snowblock said:

List was established at end of June and the first class from it started this Monday. Up to #26

Where did you get this info? That i know of, the final answer key has not been issued nor any grades sent out, much less a list has been established. I think you're confusing the OA sld exam for the TA.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/1/2018 at 12:38 PM, Snowblock said:

The list exists and there have already been a couple of classes (permanent, not provisional) off of it. Including one I'm in!

Are u ta oa or mtab? Do u have tge letter with your list number you can share? Im pretty sure u have your exams mixed up.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m hearing they might be canceling the list for there were too many errors  on the questions and I guess they don’t want to give us back so many points but I wonder if there is anything legally that can be done cause it’s unfair to ppl that did well And are u charging $ again for another test.smh it’s a new filing for a ta surface test on their website

I called the MTA exams unit yesterday. I asked if they plan on hiring off of 8702. She said of course they do. I all so asked if the test was thrown out would we receive a notification? She said it's not getting thrown out, thats a lie. Another operator all so contacted them and again no word on a cancellation.  As of right now, I have not heard from a reliable source that the test is definitely getting thrown out. Most of the time you hear it from guy/gals who failed so they're hopeful the test gets thrown out. I'm not sure of any legal action we can take. If anyone hears any solid information from a reliable source please lets us know.  

Edited by SPR688

I just find it odd that they put another ta surface dispatcher test up so quickly. And no one has heard anything about test results or how many questions they were giving ha k cause the conscientious is slot of people didn’t do well on the test. And the legal topic was suggested to me by a superintendent cause clearly you would have to provide money back to everyone who took the test on the issue of the test being filled with errors is their mistake

I'm all for taking legal action if they want to throw out 8702, but not so much because of the money. It would be unfair for them to throw out 8702 and give a new test. They would be completely skipping over those who legitimately passed 8702 as it stands without any questions being thrown out.  If this happened someone who did worse than me on 8702 would have the possibility of doing better on the new test and being ahead of me when I should be given a chance at promotion first. 

Edited by SPR688

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, M5 Sam said:

Heard only 78 people  pass test  from a superintendent  from zerega  anyone heard  anything similar.....???

I haven't heard anything. Although, I'm not surprised. Did they happen to say when or if a list was going to be created? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got a call from NYCTA automated system. The message stated that I've passed and that an official letter will be sent out. Now it's a waiting game for the list numbers. Some of my colleagues took the test and didnt pass and a few did. Strange because I thought I definitely failed this one.