NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

Just got a call from NYCTA automated system. The message stated that I've passed and that an official letter will be sent out. Now it's a waiting game for the list numbers. Some of my colleagues took the test and didnt pass and a few did. Strange because I thought I definitely failed this one.

Did you think you failed because you know how many you got wrong or just guessing  you didn’t do well? 

2 hours ago, SPR688 said:

Did you think you failed because you know how many you got wrong or just guessing  you didn’t do well? 

Both lol. Everyone had issues with the damn test. At least I dont have to take it again and apply all over in December.  I tallied the answer sheet I had and compared to the one that was posted. I was sure to have 60 aka failed. Maybe some of the questions got thrown out? Maybe I lucked out.

4 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

Both lol. Everyone had issues with the damn test. At least I dont have to take it again and apply all over in December.  I tallied the answer sheet I had and compared to the one that was posted. I was sure to have 60 aka failed. Maybe some of the questions got thrown out? Maybe I lucked out.

How many questions did you think you got wrong? 

I also got the email and text and 2 other in my class we were promoted off the old list we took this test just in case they didn't call us so you can minus 3 off the new short list 78 -3=75 only

Me and 2 on my class mate from the old list passed  but we got promoted already from the old list so this short list of 78 just got shorter =75 now, good luck to who did pass

On 11/28/2019 at 8:07 PM, Badabingap11 said:

I also got the email and text and 2 other in my class we were promoted off the old list we took this test just in case they didn't call us so you can minus 3 off the new short list 78 -3=75 only

Me and 2 on my class mate from the old list passed  but we got promoted already from the old list so this short list of 78 just got shorter =75 now, good luck to who did pass

Congrats on the promotion. I heard from the GS in my depot that the number of ppl that passed was in the 80’s. They spoke to someone in the exam department. They need to hurry up & make a list. And mail it out to us that passed. 

What exactly would cause you not to get promoted?  Besides the obvious attendance or discipline. I know you need 3 years of service. Does the GS or Zerega ultimately decide who gets promoted? Then for those that do get promoted it's a year probation with option to downgrade back to BO.

18 minutes ago, isaelperez81 said:

What exactly would cause you not to get promoted?  Besides the obvious attendance or discipline. I know you need 3 years of service. Does the GS or Zerega ultimately decide who gets promoted? Then for those that do get promoted it's a year probation with option to downgrade back to BO.

Your GS, & AGM from your depot have to sign off on you getting promoted 

1 hour ago, astogezz said:

What exactly are the attendance requirements to getting promoted ? I have never been on sick control but I have used a decent amount of days 

I’ve been told from multiple sources that you can’t have more than 7 sick instances in the past 3 years. 

7 hours ago, Jsmush said:

If you have fmla they can’t hold that against you

if you are calling out sick and they put you on sick control you will be disqualified 

I don’t have Fmla but I have called out sick more than 7 times in the past 3 years . But I have never been on sick control .

13 minutes ago, sara7983 said:

i did update my new number and address at my mta portal is that good or Do I need to call exam unit to update my address ?

anybody knows exam unit number ?

Their contact information can be found at the bottom of this page. Although I am not an NYC Transit employee, whenever I send them an e-mail, they will usually send a reply within the next business day or two.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:54 PM, Dre87 said:

Your GS, & AGM from your depot have to sign off on you getting promoted 

The test is a civil promotion test. So it has nothing to do with getting approval from gs. I spoke to a superintendent and it goes by your score, then a list number is generated. From there you must have 3 years on the job with a good record. Then you get called in and placed on probation for 1 year and training.

2 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

The test is a civil promotion test. So it has nothing to do with getting approval from gs. I spoke to a superintendent and it goes by your score, then a list number is generated. From there you must have 3 years on the job with a good record. Then you get called in and placed on probation for 1 year and training.

Who you think goes over your record as a b/o? To make sure you have most of your sick days? Didn’t have any suspensions? Awols? Bad accidents? The GS of your depot. I think you should do ya research again. It’s even a bulletin on Dispatcher selection criteria. 

It goes by your record no major suspensions or write ups of disruption of service, can’t be in sick control and can’t have excessive unsubstantiated sick days ( meaning no doctor note) if you guys ha e the MTA app that shows your work check on the leave time column it shows your sick status if it’s good or bad. I’m just waiting for this list. I heard rumors that only 80-100 passed but don’t know how true that is without an actual list 

4 hours ago, bronxbomber2 said:

It goes by your record no major suspensions or write ups of disruption of service, can’t be in sick control and can’t have excessive unsubstantiated sick days ( meaning no doctor note) if you guys ha e the MTA app that shows your work check on the leave time column it shows your sick status if it’s good or bad. I’m just waiting for this list. I heard rumors that only 80-100 passed but don’t know how true that is without an actual list 

less Than 100 ppl passed. that rumor is true. the GS in my depot made a phone call to the exam department and it was true.

17 hours ago, sara7983 said:

Did anyone receive list number yet ?

i did update my new number and address at my mta portal is that good or Do I need to call exam unit to update my address ?

anybody knows exam unit number ?

List Numbers haven't gone out yet. MTA Exams unit told me that transit makes the test, gives them and grades them, but DCAS still makes an official list and maintains it. So I would call both MTA exams unit and DCAS to make sure they both have your updated information just to be on safe side. 

Edited by SPR688

3 hours ago, bronxbomber2 said:

Honestly I’m trying to decide on if I’m filing for that next test.. I passed this one but I’m not trying to get caught out there in case something goes wrong.. MTA funny like that as we all

know 

I just applied today. just in case something happen with me getting promoted off this list.

You got till the 24th to decide if you want to take the next one. I think the whole reason transit sent out the notification on pass or fail is so you can decide because they knew a list wouldn’t be out before the filing for the new test.