NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

On 10/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, isaelperez81 said:

There are about 15 or so TA wanting to transfer to Staten Island. Including this class and anyone else who put in a transfer before hand. 

No other classes are scheduled as of now.

How’s training going?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/24/2021 at 2:09 PM, bronxbomber2 said:

Well that’s kind of a. Irate but depends on your record and if ur sick time is substantiated. The gs in my depot stated plus they are not really looking at sick right now due to the pandemic I was told they are aware situations with covid happen they are operators that had covid 2x that’s 10 days sick on two occasions I was told they are focusing on patterns of sick before covid and if u have major violations. Constantly in the boss office etc

They are still looking at sick time the only way u getting ur covid sick time over looked is if u actually had covid. Otherwise you got to meet the criteria 2out3 years no more than 3 instances or 7 days per year n they look back 3 yrs from the time they pull ur file

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 3:16 PM, Boom216 said:

Does anyone know if the newly promoted  dispatchers have to vaccinated???

I don't see any reason why they would mandate to be vaccinated when it's just an eternal promotion. It's not like you're coming from outside trying to get the position.

On 11/2/2021 at 3:16 PM, Boom216 said:

Does anyone know if the newly promoted  dispatchers have to vaccinated???

If you're currently just testing then it just that. There is no mandatory vaccination requirements.  Whatever transits current policy is in place is for all departments, not just for one. Everyone must wear mask while on transit property and in service.

Currently  the class is out on their own, and some are still training in other positions.

No other updates other than just a wait for the next group to be called in. So please stand by as time passes and more dispatchers retire. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Harry changed the title to NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)
  • Harry unfeatured this topic
On 12/5/2019 at 11:12 PM, isaelperez81 said:

The test is a civil promotion test. So it has nothing to do with getting approval from gs. I spoke to a superintendent and it goes by your score, then a list number is generated. From there you must have 3 years on the job with a good record. Then you get called in and placed on probation for 1 year and training.

Congratulations Isael Perez, the GS and AGM definitely sign off after reviewing your file in addition they make a recommendation to be taken into consideration. The final word comes from the CTO but your depot mgmt. play's an important and necessary role. Sort of the first step

1 hour ago, Bleekk said:

$73,821 is that correct for starting salary? That’s only 92k a year. And I thought you start at 80% to ensure your making more than bus operator at top pay. Top pay for b/o at end of this contract be 78k. 

The math on that makes $35.57/hr which looks about right for the time the NOE was published. (Since top pay for operators was $34) The SSSA contract expired in July 2020 and I’m sure the starting pay will be raised above again when it gets renewed.  

2 hours ago, Bleekk said:

$73,821 is that correct for starting salary? That’s only 92k a year. And I thought you start at 80% to ensure your making more than bus operator at top pay. Top pay for b/o at end of this contract be 78k. 

Dispatches haven’t got new contact or raises yet. Only TWU operators got that contact. Then the pandemic hit and B/0s in Si, Queens, and dispatchers are still trying for one. 

Edited by SPR688

On 12/17/2021 at 8:14 PM, SevenEleven said:

The math on that makes $35.57/hr which looks about right for the time the NOE was published. (Since top pay for operators was $34) The SSSA contract expired in July 2020 and I’m sure the starting pay will be raised above again when it gets renewed.  

Dispatchers in Staten Island make $95904 a year now