Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
astogezz

NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

Just got a call from NYCTA automated system. The message stated that I've passed and that an official letter will be sent out. Now it's a waiting game for the list numbers. Some of my colleagues took the test and didnt pass and a few did. Strange because I thought I definitely failed this one.

Did you think you failed because you know how many you got wrong or just guessing  you didn’t do well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SPR688 said:

Did you think you failed because you know how many you got wrong or just guessing  you didn’t do well? 

Both lol. Everyone had issues with the damn test. At least I dont have to take it again and apply all over in December.  I tallied the answer sheet I had and compared to the one that was posted. I was sure to have 60 aka failed. Maybe some of the questions got thrown out? Maybe I lucked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

Both lol. Everyone had issues with the damn test. At least I dont have to take it again and apply all over in December.  I tallied the answer sheet I had and compared to the one that was posted. I was sure to have 60 aka failed. Maybe some of the questions got thrown out? Maybe I lucked out.

How many questions did you think you got wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also got the email and text and 2 other in my class we were promoted off the old list we took this test just in case they didn't call us so you can minus 3 off the new short list 78 -3=75 only

 

Me and 2 on my class mate from the old list passed  but we got promoted already from the old list so this short list of 78 just got shorter =75 now, good luck to who did pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Badabingap11 said:

Only 75 people passed the test? Is this just talk or or is this confirmed from a reliable source ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 8:07 PM, Badabingap11 said:

I also got the email and text and 2 other in my class we were promoted off the old list we took this test just in case they didn't call us so you can minus 3 off the new short list 78 -3=75 only

 

Me and 2 on my class mate from the old list passed  but we got promoted already from the old list so this short list of 78 just got shorter =75 now, good luck to who did pass

Congrats on the promotion. I heard from the GS in my depot that the number of ppl that passed was in the 80’s. They spoke to someone in the exam department. They need to hurry up & make a list. And mail it out to us that passed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly would cause you not to get promoted?  Besides the obvious attendance or discipline. I know you need 3 years of service. Does the GS or Zerega ultimately decide who gets promoted? Then for those that do get promoted it's a year probation with option to downgrade back to BO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, isaelperez81 said:

What exactly would cause you not to get promoted?  Besides the obvious attendance or discipline. I know you need 3 years of service. Does the GS or Zerega ultimately decide who gets promoted? Then for those that do get promoted it's a year probation with option to downgrade back to BO.

Your GS, & AGM from your depot have to sign off on you getting promoted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly are the attendance requirements to getting promoted ? I have never been on sick control but I have used a decent amount of days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, astogezz said:

What exactly are the attendance requirements to getting promoted ? I have never been on sick control but I have used a decent amount of days 

I’ve been told from multiple sources that you can’t have more than 7 sick instances in the past 3 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have fmla they can’t hold that against you

if you are calling out sick and they put you on sick control you will be disqualified 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jsmush said:

If you have fmla they can’t hold that against you

if you are calling out sick and they put you on sick control you will be disqualified 

I don’t have Fmla but I have called out sick more than 7 times in the past 3 years . But I have never been on sick control .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone receive list number yet ?

i did update my new number and address at my mta portal is that good or Do I need to call exam unit to update my address ?

anybody knows exam unit number ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sara7983 said:

i did update my new number and address at my mta portal is that good or Do I need to call exam unit to update my address ?

anybody knows exam unit number ?

Their contact information can be found at the bottom of this page. Although I am not an NYC Transit employee, whenever I send them an e-mail, they will usually send a reply within the next business day or two.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 4:54 PM, Dre87 said:

Your GS, & AGM from your depot have to sign off on you getting promoted 

The test is a civil promotion test. So it has nothing to do with getting approval from gs. I spoke to a superintendent and it goes by your score, then a list number is generated. From there you must have 3 years on the job with a good record. Then you get called in and placed on probation for 1 year and training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

The test is a civil promotion test. So it has nothing to do with getting approval from gs. I spoke to a superintendent and it goes by your score, then a list number is generated. From there you must have 3 years on the job with a good record. Then you get called in and placed on probation for 1 year and training.

Who you think goes over your record as a b/o? To make sure you have most of your sick days? Didn’t have any suspensions? Awols? Bad accidents? The GS of your depot. I think you should do ya research again. It’s even a bulletin on Dispatcher selection criteria. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It goes by your record no major suspensions or write ups of disruption of service, can’t be in sick control and can’t have excessive unsubstantiated sick days ( meaning no doctor note) if you guys ha e the MTA app that shows your work check on the leave time column it shows your sick status if it’s good or bad. I’m just waiting for this list. I heard rumors that only 80-100 passed but don’t know how true that is without an actual list 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bronxbomber2 said:

It goes by your record no major suspensions or write ups of disruption of service, can’t be in sick control and can’t have excessive unsubstantiated sick days ( meaning no doctor note) if you guys ha e the MTA app that shows your work check on the leave time column it shows your sick status if it’s good or bad. I’m just waiting for this list. I heard rumors that only 80-100 passed but don’t know how true that is without an actual list 

less Than 100 ppl passed. that rumor is true. the GS in my depot made a phone call to the exam department and it was true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone in here that passed exam 8702, do you plan on applying for the new test that is out right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sara7983 said:

Did anyone receive list number yet ?

i did update my new number and address at my mta portal is that good or Do I need to call exam unit to update my address ?

anybody knows exam unit number ?

List Numbers haven't gone out yet. MTA Exams unit told me that transit makes the test, gives them and grades them, but DCAS still makes an official list and maintains it. So I would call both MTA exams unit and DCAS to make sure they both have your updated information just to be on safe side. 

Edited by SPR688

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I’m trying to decide on if I’m filing for that next test.. I passed this one but I’m not trying to get caught out there in case something goes wrong.. MTA funny like that as we all

know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bronxbomber2 said:

Honestly I’m trying to decide on if I’m filing for that next test.. I passed this one but I’m not trying to get caught out there in case something goes wrong.. MTA funny like that as we all

know 

I just applied today. just in case something happen with me getting promoted off this list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got till the 24th to decide if you want to take the next one. I think the whole reason transit sent out the notification on pass or fail is so you can decide because they knew a list wouldn’t be out before the filing for the new test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.