NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

https://www.safgard.com/mtanyct/securelogin

thats the shoe website.  Just follow the instructions.  And yes, since there is no shoe restriction in the contract you could buy your own.  But since i still had an allotment leff on here i just took it.  

as far as the next class, nobody is saying anything, we only just finished day 1.  But the trend for a while now has been every 3 months.  I’d say there are about 30 people in this entire class.  We were split into 2 rooms.  The TA room has 13, and the OA/Bus room more or less is the same.  Only 1 MTABUS operator got promoted so hes in with the OA class

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Didar said:

Is the next class in March???

And from the history and track record of the promoting  on this list. They have been having classes every three to four months. Going backwards

Jan 2023… Oct 2022… July 2022… March/April 2022… Dec 2021…  so if this trend keeps up there should be a class hopefully in April/May of this year🙏🏽

5 minutes ago, LeonKennedy said:

https://www.safgard.com/mtanyct/securelogin

thats the shoe website.  Just follow the instructions.  And yes, since there is no shoe restriction in the contract you could buy your own.  But since i still had an allotment leff on here i just took it.  

as far as the next class, nobody is saying anything, we only just finished day 1.  But the trend for a while now has been every 3 months.  I’d say there are about 30 people in this entire class.  We were split into 2 rooms.  The TA room has 13, and the OA/Bus room more or less is the same.  Only 1 MTABUS operator got promoted so hes in with the OA class

Thank you!

Hi fellow brothers and sisters!! A little off topic.. but im studying for the upcoming OA SLD. The study material I currently have seems to be out of date.. or just lacking. If anyone is willing to help a fellow coworker out, that would be much appreciated :) Can PM some stuff, or let me know how else I can receive them - TIA!!

Also, best of luck to you all and congrats to all who made it.

Edited by Statty

On 1/21/2023 at 8:54 PM, Statty said:

Hi fellow brothers and sisters!! A little off topic.. but im studying for the upcoming OA SLD. The study material I currently have seems to be out of date.. or just lacking. If anyone is willing to help a fellow coworker out, that would be much appreciated :) Can PM some stuff, or let me know how else I can receive them - TIA!!

Also, best of luck to you all and congrats to all who made it.

PM me with your email and I'll send you over a study guide I have. Has all the bulletins as well as a few different practice tests

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

How come this TA list is so short (only 209 names) compared to the 4700 list (1165 names)? 

NYCT stop using DCAS for testing. Therefor they made their own way to grade the test. It’s a harder grading system. You have to pass a certain amount in each section to pass the whole section. A lot of people didn’t read the announcement to notice the changes NYCT made.

That’s completely false. The test was different than previous tests, the questions were hard but no one came out of there in an hour. Just because Staten Island operators did well doesn’t imply anyone had the test before hand. For all those that passed, a whole lot more did not pass. You shouldn’t believe rumors.

Edited by FmrCUSAOp

Most of People from Queens who passed 8702 are from Casey  Stengel Depot. Only pockets of passed from QV and JM depot. The was a good test, it was designed to bring  potentials out of the system and it did happened. The test as exactly what it says on the application. 

25 minutes ago, Didar said:

Most of People from Queens who passed 8702 are from Casey  Stengel Depot. Only pockets of passed from QV and JM depot. The was a good test, it was designed to bring  potentials out of the system and it did happened. The test as exactly what it says on the application. 

🙄🙄🙄 coming from a Jamaica operator and Jamaica dispatcher now… 

Hey Guys! Congrats on those that passed and good luck on those waiting.

I just caught my first violation ever yesterday. red light!

I wonder what damage will this cause. i am on this list number and very close to be called if so now. :(

Advise, don't let the line stress you. I let two days of customers arguing because they were waiting for more than an hour get to me. YES, I am one of those who cares for the line. Is my neighborhood, my mom, wife and children use it.