NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

I had a dispatcher in the depot tell me that only 80 something pass and everyone barring your in good standing will be called off this short list that’s the reason they put a test out so quick. They know some ppl might be on sick control so they prob won’t get all 80. Im Curious to how many questions were given back and I heard it’s graded on a curve 

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, bronxbomber2 said:

I had a dispatcher in the depot tell me that only 80 something pass and everyone barring your in good standing will be called off this short list that’s the reason they put a test out so quick. They know some ppl might be on sick control so they prob won’t get all 80. Im Curious to how many questions were given back and I heard it’s graded on a curve 

Hopefully thats true. That 80 will go down once you take out the people that are disqualified due to attendance/ discipline, already promoted off 4700, and even those that turn it down. Its not a curve. The test is weighted. They grade the 1st part and multiply your score by its weight. They then do the same thing for the second part and add the two. That plus your seniority is your score. Once a list is established we can get the final answer key and that will probably show which questions were tossed. 

Edited by SPR688

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • +Young+ changed the title to NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, SevenEleven said:

Unless he means people who just got hired off 4700 but took this test as well.

Ahhh I see.... its been 3 years now since I have been with OA and I was also on the TA B/O list 4600. When they called me the first time I never switch over because I was already a month  to go from completing probation. A few weeks ago I purposely reinstated my name on the list to see if the list was still active and I got a call and email yesterday to come to Livingston for 4600 TA B/O. I spoke to my G.S. at my depot and he stated that if I decided to switch over from OA to TA that I would keep my same pay rate now and time serve but would lose 3 years seniority. I've heard that T.A. SLD takes a long time to even establish a list and call candidates compared to OA SLD promotional test which I'm thinking real hard is it worth switching just to take the SLD test for TA or should I just wait for the OA promotional test opens up....... 

5 hours ago, Notransfer said:

If u stay OA & get promoted u would have to go to Manhattan or the bx if u don’t mind doing that 

If you are TA and get promoted you have to go to Brooklyn or Queens, and I think SI. 

If your OA and get promoted, you can only work out of Manhattan  or Bronx