Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
astogezz

NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

20 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Is console both OA/TA or just TA?

SI is TA but like with being a bus op, you have to put in a transfer / initially pick a SI trick to get over here. 

Yes console is all 3 division TA/OA/MTA Bus

1 hour ago, Notransfer said:

I think they have a separate console for each division 

Same building located at East NY depot upstairs. “Old building” Now they moved into the new building across the street from the depot. All console dispatchers work on the same location just each control their division. Soon the radio communication will be all in one.

I know one guy that passed was reclassified & his year is almost up so he might not get it another guy that passed is recording secretary in my depot he said he’s not gonna take it if they call him 

9 hours ago, Notransfer said:

Now I hear there’s talk of them saying they might throw the test out smfh they better not buying. 

People still making up those lies. It’s not getting thrown out. 

Exactly it’s a civil service issue if they threw it out . I wouldn’t  be surprised if they postponed the test that’s coming up next month thou

4 minutes ago, Notransfer said:

That was told to me last night while I was doing the q shuttle 

Once a civil service exam has been administered unless they have proof that the test or answers were leaked, it's difficult to throw it out. Look at the TBTA exam 5606, they didn't throw it out even though they have no intention of hiring off it, they still published it.

They have to hire ppl off the list. From

what I’m hearing it’s a small list that’s y another test was administered so fast and they extended the list from the previous test. If the list is 79 from what I’ve heard from numerous sources than they prob will get 45 that actually qualify for it

Not really if this list doesn’t have that many  they will need to have access to

more names .. the next test won’t be graded fir another year 

From what I have heard they not trying to use 8702 exam for hiring.  Mta already has broken civil service law by using the last list longer than 4 years as per civil service law.  If you know anyone that has passed this test we should come together to file a lawsuit so they dont dismiss this list.   Any ideas let's post and come together

They aren’t throwing out the test. 4700 has been extended again to Nov 2020. After that they’ll probably call from 8702. Since that’s a short list, then the new test will be ready.

3 hours ago, Bklynsmooth said:

From what I have heard they not trying to use 8702 exam for hiring.  Mta already has broken civil service law by using the last list longer than 4 years as per civil service law.  If you know anyone that has passed this test we should come together to file a lawsuit so they dont dismiss this list.   Any ideas let's post and come together

What are you talking about. Under civil service law they're allowed to request a list extension and DCAS honors it. 

Quoted from DCAS

"(d) The commissioner of citywide administrative services may also by resolution prior to the expiration date of an eligible list extend the duration of such list as provided for in section fifty-six of the civil service law, as amended by section one of chapter four hundred and forty-three of the laws of nineteen hundred and seventy-six."

I actually got a response email from the exams unit that stayed they released those text and emails in December so that ppl

can know if they passed or failed and so that they can chose to apply  for the new test or not based on the results.. it would had been more helpful with a list put together already but we talking about MTA 😂 . From everything I heard we will be called from

this short list.. the talk about throwing out the list or not calling is nonsense they only throw out a test if their is proof that there was wide spread cheating the list is short so if anything they will probably send it out after this test date next month 

I’ve spoken with Transits Exam unit Multiple times and each time they assured me that 8702 isn’t getting thrown out and they plan on hiring from it. They even told me they were going to send out that pass or fail notification 4 days before it went out. If they were going to throw it out why would they waste their time and resources telling everyone if they passed or failed. 

Facts!! It just sucks that it’s a waiting game now for those of us that passed cause I don’t know about you guys but I can’t wait to get out of that seat. South Bronx takes a toll on you.