Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
astogezz

NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

Just got my letter in mail. My test date march 14th......they added a additional letter stating what test will consist of .....55% job knowledge (rules reg., 19a) and 45% job abilities (leadership, decisiveness etc.)

Where can i find material to study for this exam? Especially for the “job abilities”(leadership, decisiveness) portion ? Any recommendations would be helpful 

Edited by R170

You can't consolidate two separate civil service lists, it's literally illegal lol.

What's probably going on (what I assume) they don't want to release the new list until they already have a secondary list on standby because the first list is so short as they claim (less then 80 people). Your list will come out FIRST and will they will hire off your list FIRST. It's just a waiting game now, unless your name is DCAS you don't believe any rumors.

Edited by dman1455

I was told that they extended the list for 4700 because when they make a list for 8702 because it’s gonna be so short they gonna burn right through it 

34 minutes ago, bronxbomber2 said:

Word!!! I heard Livingston street and zarega opening soon so hopefully they can start moving along 

I heard Zerega may open on the 22nd, not too sure if that July 6 date pushes that back or what.

I believe  we are going  to have to wait even longer ....since there's gonna  be a so called  budget cut coming ..... damn shame .... been over 2 years .. lol...

No that’s not going to affect dispatcher that’s more of the executive and upper management on a corporate level promoting. You still would need dispatchers in fact I heard 26 in Ta retired already since COVID started and another 40 before the end of the year a lot of those guys are getting out after everything that has happened.  I got word they started doing new bus operator classses so hopefully we will see a list before September 🤞 or September.. the last list that was extended has a November expiration date