NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, bronxbomber2 said:

Is this the final grades with years of service added? Confused to how this test was graded. But it’s ok they probably will blow through this list in 2 years or a little more. Now I understand y they wanted to do another test so quickly. 

Remember that part 1 and part 2 were graded separately and then your score from each part would determine your exam score. The points from service time is added to your exam score and that makes your final score.

Congrats  to all .... so many fake news before about 70 people  pass ..lol.. never believe  rumors in transit until you have proof...  209 will last about 4 years ... that's why  they changed  their decision  along with covid 19 to cancel  upcoming  exam ... 

Someone ask about class size it depends  on as needed.. so dont believe  fake news that they will run through  the list in less than two years  .... based  on my experience  for 18 years they usually  go through  about 40 to 50 in a year .... so have patience  and start cleaning  up your record  if you are on the last half of list 

Yeah I agree. They will drag this out the whole 4 years . Figure it took them 6 years to go through 300, which is about 50 a year. To my understanding they hire at the end/ beginning of each quarter based on their needs. So, just for a ballpark figure lets say they hire 4 times a year with approximately maybe 12 TA people give or take, plus there will probably be some OA and MTA in each class. 

1 hour ago, SPR688 said:

Yeah I agree. They will drag this out the whole 4 years . Figure it took them 6 years to go through 300, which is about 50 a year. To my understanding they hire at the end/ beginning of each quarter based on their needs. So, just for a ballpark figure lets say they hire 4 times a year with approximately maybe 12 TA people give or take, plus there will probably be some OA and MTA in each class. 

I think they went through more dispatchers this year. When I was at Zerega a few months ago I saw a TON of new dispatchers just getting their shiny badges.

They can’t have two list for the same position. It’s not possible. 4700 will be dead. Most likely it’s because 8702 hasn’t been certified yet so it just shows 4700 extended until they do. I’ve spoken with MTA exams multiple times and each time they assured me that they don’t plan on extending 4700. Taken From https://www1.nyc.gov/site/dcas/reports/personnel-rules-regulations-rule-4.page

Unless otherwise provided, an eligible list which has been in existence for one year or more shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate subsequent like list for the same title.”

40 minutes ago, SPR688 said:

They can’t have two list for the same position. It’s not possible.

Actually, you know that as of this typing (11/12/2020 at 10:00 PM), there are three lists out for the Bus Operator Position, right? If you play around with this website, the list for Exam 4600 doesn't expire until this January, the list for Exam 7612 doesn't expire until October of 2022, and the list for Exam 9604 doesn't expire until November of 2023!

Go figure!!

Edited by +Young+

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Actually, you know that as of this typing (11/12/2020 at 10:00 PM), there are three lists out for the Bus Operator Position, right? If you play around with this website, the list for Exam 4600 doesn't expire until this January, the list for Exam 7612 doesn't expire until October of 2022, and the list for Exam 9604 doesn't expire until November of 2023!

Go figure!!

It’s like that because they exhausted the list even before it expired. For example 4600 had a list of 8221 people. The last person hired from that list was 8220. So there are no more Eligible candidates to call. the list is done and they moved on to the next one 7612. My guess is they exhausted that one as well and is currently on. 9604. I guess it’ still shows because it isnt expired. They aren’t calling from all 3. I know this because I know someone who took 4600 and I called and listened to the automated information from dcas on 4600. 

Edited by SPR688

51 minutes ago, SPR688 said:

It’s like that because they exhausted the list even before it expired. For example 4600 had a list of 8221 people. The last person hired from that list was 8220. So there are no more Eligible candidates to call. the list is done and they moved on to the next one 7612. My guess is they exhausted that one as well and is currently on. 9604. I guess it’ still shows because it isnt expired. They aren’t calling from all 3. I know this because I know someone who took 4600 and I called and listened to the automated information from dcas on 4600. 

Although I agree with you 100%, if I recall correctly, according to the Civil Service Rules and Regulations of the City of New York, people have a right to restore their name to the list for a maximum of three [3] times. Therefore, although two of the lists are exhausted, in which one of these lists does not expire for another two years, they give the folks from Exam 9604 first preference? In addition, when I look at this webpage, how come the last time a group of candidates was certified for the "Bus Operator" position was this past summer?

In my opinion, something is not right, however that's just my opinion...