NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

7 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Although I agree with you 100%, if I recall correctly, according to the Civil Service Rules and Regulations of the City of New York, people have a right to restore their name to the list for a maximum of three [3] times. Therefore, although two of the lists are exhausted, in which one of these lists does not expire for another two years, they give the folks from Exam 9604 first preference? In addition, when I look at this webpage, how come the last time a group of candidates was certified for the "Bus Operator" position was this past summer?

In my opinion, something is not right, however that's just my opinion... 

If you look it all so says 4600 has an extension till 2021.why would they do that when the list is exhausted.  I’m starting questioning just how accurate some of the information on this site is. 

Edited by SPR688

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Boom216 said:

How can we know when they start calling from the 8702 list, and what number they are up to?  

Call DCAS 212 669 1357 option 2 type in social security number and exam 8702. Right now it just tells you your list and score but once they start calling people they will let you know the last list number hired. 

Covid sick days won’t effect your promotion if ur sick time has been good the last 3-5 years. You get back some of the sick time for covid as well so the pandemic year shouldn’t be a concern and I heard that from zerega. What might work for us in a weird way is I hear a lot of the dispatchers in ta r putting in their papers due to the pandemic a lot of guys who had the time and years r out. It’s going to be a higher number of retirees in the next few years 

14 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Actually, you know that as of this typing (11/12/2020 at 10:00 PM), there are three lists out for the Bus Operator Position, right? If you play around with this website, the list for Exam 4600 doesn't expire until this January, the list for Exam 7612 doesn't expire until October of 2022, and the list for Exam 9604 doesn't expire until November of 2023!

Go figure!!

IMO I highly doubt the internal promotions work the same as external hiring process. Just job has union involved and  is highly based on seniority credit respect, I doubt MTA would take the chance to call candidates off two of the same entities promotional position at the same time. That would caused a major issue involving with law suit since the position is highly respected to "Promote" based off seniority in the order of your exam list number. Just imagine a candidate took the promotion exam during the year 2016, and the list is still currently open, and out of no where the candidates that took the promotional exam 2019 started to fill in the position before the 2016 candidate, that would be an issue especially seniority pegs is very important on this job. I believe for internal  competitive promotional positions, they would have to exhaust the current list first before they move forward onto the newly exam candidates list. I'm just saying this is how I see it.

13 hours ago, SPR688 said:

It’s like that because they exhausted the list even before it expired. For example 4600 had a list of 8221 people. The last person hired from that list was 8220. So there are no more Eligible candidates to call. the list is done and they moved on to the next one 7612. My guess is they exhausted that one as well and is currently on. 9604. I guess it’ still shows because it isnt expired. They aren’t calling from all 3. I know this because I know someone who took 4600 and I called and listened to the automated information from dcas on 4600. 

I was called from that list when I was 9 months in probation with OA, but I didn't transfer over at the time because I thought I would restart probation all over. 2019 I had added myself back onto the list because I wanted to take the SLD TA Promotion exam 8702, but after a few talks with others, it wasn't worth losing seniority where I would be at the bottom of the TA/OA bus operator peg list if transferred over and I also heard TA often takes a long time to call off the SLD list. So I'll wait for the next OA SLD.

1 hour ago, bronxbomber2 said:

Covid sick days won’t effect your promotion if ur sick time has been good the last 3-5 years. You get back some of the sick time for covid as well so the pandemic year shouldn’t be a concern and I heard that from zerega. What might work for us in a weird way is I hear a lot of the dispatchers in ta r putting in their papers due to the pandemic a lot of guys who had the time and years r out. It’s going to be a higher number of retirees in the next few years 

I'm hearing the same thing especially a lot of bus operators putting in their papers. 

8 minutes ago, bronxbomber2 said:

I wonder when we getting our letter in the mail our test results and list number that is certified cause than we will Know hey start calling names 

I got a call text and email from transit on Monday 11/16 letting me know the list was established, my list number, and notices by mail should be received in 10 days. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, bronxbomber2 said:

Where u heard this? Looking at the result letter it seems one section was graded much higher than the others I wonder which section 

I emailed them a month ago asking for the final answer key and they just sent it to me today. All 3 questions were from the first part (abilities section) 

Edited by SPR688

Just to be clear When I say “thrown out”  it means everyone got credit for them. Of course if you had got them correct to begin with it doesn’t change your score any. 

I just noticed 4700 is no longer on here. I can’t find it anymore. https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/vx8i-nprf

lastly the list finally hit the chief 

https://thechiefleader.com/lists/dispatcher-surface-transportation-promotion-list-established/article_65d47c64-399b-11eb-89fd-d79c62b253aa.html

Edited by SPR688

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...