NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

As posted in the Chief News Letter

DISPATCHER (SURFACE TRANSPORTATION)—195 eligibles between Nos. 1 and 209 on List 8702 for 50 jobs at NYC Transit.

They about to start.

My file got pulled. I head first class is February 8th. 

When transit is getting ready to have a class they will send out notifications to your depots management to review your file to see if you meet the criteria for a promotion. They check attendance, disciplinary action, awol, etc. If you’re good management approves it and sends it back. Then you wait for another notice to report for medical. Feb 8th isn’t a definite. 

3 hours ago, Boom216 said:

How come dcas don’t tell you what list number they up to? It only says you are on this list!

Because no one officially got called yet. Still waiting on the first class. I all so heard it got pushed back till maybe March. 

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to all that have passed this difficult exam. As far as I’m concerned I’m not in a rush to get called or even take on this next task. I leave everything in the all mighty’s hands. If I get called then I get called and if I don’t get called it’s not the end of the world cause I still have a JOB that I love very much. So stay positive and remember you still have a great and easy going JOB if you don’t get the call to get promoted. ✌🏾 and ❤️ to all. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

As per the guidelines of the website, if you can kindly refrain from "bumping topics," it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

“Bumping” definitely wasn’t  my intention. I don’t care if this thread is “hot” or my post count. Not sure why I would care about it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 9:04 AM, moejski said:

Apparently next class April 19. 

17 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

I know two operators out of my depot has to go to Livingston for processing. So it looks like they will be in the next class.

April 19th is the first class. 3 operators from my depot are in it. So we're at least up to #28 on the list.

11 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

When selected what is the process if anyone can chime in? I know your sent for a random. But is that done first and then called into the boss office to be offically notified?  I have no bad time.

EDIT: Jeez, can't type for nothing on this phone...  You see the boss first. On your G46, it will tell you why you're going to the MAC. So a true random would have that box checked on it.

Is,

You see the G/S first, then get scheduled for your drug test a/p @SPR688

14 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

When selected what is the process if anyone can chime in? I know your sent for a random. But is that done first and then called into the boss office to be offically notified?  I have no bad time.

A random is generally truly random. Unless you show up to work stumbling and slurring or something like that they are sending you. Yeah first you’ll prob here your file was pulled. That means transit is about to have a class, they are up to you on the list, and they are checking who’s good. Next you’ll see the Gs. He will give you paper work and tell you when you’re to go to the Mac. Then we wait for class to start which is usually a week or so after medical. 

Edited by SPR688