Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
astogezz

NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

SevenEleven

Update: 4/19/21

Next Class: --/--/--

Highest List #: 34

List effective as of 10/14/20. You can view the list (via Google Docs) at the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XAu7wfIVPU489XfHyahKosb1Rim-IlHjUWUBW28qTQs/htmlview

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

Congrats and good luck!

Message added by SevenEleven

As posted in the Chief News Letter

DISPATCHER (SURFACE TRANSPORTATION)—195 eligibles between Nos. 1 and 209 on List 8702 for 50 jobs at NYC Transit.

They about to start.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

As posted in the Chief News Letter

DISPATCHER (SURFACE TRANSPORTATION)—195 eligibles between Nos. 1 and 209 on List 8702 for 50 jobs at NYC Transit.

They about to start.

My file got pulled. I head first class is February 8th. 

On 1/6/2021 at 8:46 AM, SPR688 said:

My file got pulled. I head first class is February 8th. 

What does that mean that your file got pulled? U starting first class

feb 8?

On 1/6/2021 at 6:51 PM, bronxbomber2 said:

Congratulations bro! Let us know how Many TA were called with u. So based on the chief it says 195 ppl on the list are eligible out of 209?

Thanks I’ll let you know. 

When transit is getting ready to have a class they will send out notifications to your depots management to review your file to see if you meet the criteria for a promotion. They check attendance, disciplinary action, awol, etc. If you’re good management approves it and sends it back. Then you wait for another notice to report for medical. Feb 8th isn’t a definite. 

• Like 1

Yeah a few Oa guys in my depot is going to be in the February 8 class too from what I was told it’s 10 ta abd 10 oa guys in a class. The calling 8-10 at a time 

16 hours ago, bronxbomber2 said:

Yeah a few Oa guys in my depot is going to be in the February 8 class too from what I was told it’s 10 ta abd 10 oa guys in a class. The calling 8-10 at a time 

Did people start getting notified yet?

3 hours ago, Boom216 said:

How come dcas don’t tell you what list number they up to? It only says you are on this list!

Because no one officially got called yet. Still waiting on the first class. I all so heard it got pushed back till maybe March. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm at Zerega now and the Supt. Said a class was supposed to start in March but has been put on hold until a later date which unknown at this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations to all that have passed this difficult exam. As far as I’m concerned I’m not in a rush to get called or even take on this next task. I leave everything in the all mighty’s hands. If I get called then I get called and if I don’t get called it’s not the end of the world cause I still have a JOB that I love very much. So stay positive and remember you still have a great and easy going JOB if you don’t get the call to get promoted. ✌🏾 and ❤️ to all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, SPR688 said:

Anyone hear anything new? 

As per the guidelines of the website, if you can kindly refrain from "bumping topics," it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

As per the guidelines of the website, if you can kindly refrain from "bumping topics," it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

“Bumping” definitely wasn’t  my intention. I don’t care if this thread is “hot” or my post count. Not sure why I would care about it. 

I know two operators out of my depot has to go to Livingston for processing. So it looks like they will be in the next class.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:04 AM, moejski said:

Apparently next class April 19. 

17 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

I know two operators out of my depot has to go to Livingston for processing. So it looks like they will be in the next class.

April 19th is the first class. 3 operators from my depot are in it. So we're at least up to #28 on the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

April 19th is the first class. 3 operators from my depot are in it. So we're at least up to #28 on the list.

I'm excited for them. The two out of my depot were so excited and they feel like they were doing the right move. 

• Upvote 1

Hrrm I wonder this is why I was sent on a random recently last week. I'm on the list as well. 

When selected what is the process if anyone can chime in? I know your sent for a random. But is that done first and then called into the boss office to be offically notified?  I have no bad time.

11 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

When selected what is the process if anyone can chime in? I know your sent for a random. But is that done first and then called into the boss office to be offically notified?  I have no bad time.

EDIT: Jeez, can't type for nothing on this phone...  You see the boss first. On your G46, it will tell you why you're going to the MAC. So a true random would have that box checked on it.

Is,

You see the G/S first, then get scheduled for your drug test a/p @SPR688

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

A random is generally truly random. Unless you show up to work stumbling and slurring or something like that they are sending you. Yeah first you’ll prob here your file was pulled. That means transit is about to have a class, they are up to you on the list, and they are checking who’s good. Next you’ll see the Gs. He will give you paper work and tell you when you’re to go to the Mac. Then we wait for class to start which is usually a week or so after medical. 

Edited by SPR688
  • Upvote 1